Thailand reports 18,027 new COVID-19 cases, 133 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Now we've got a 5-year-old with lymphoma among the COVID deaths...

That's gotta be among the youngest among Thailand's COVID deaths thus far.

14 month old baby if I remember right. Maybe you missed that. Not having a go but the young and very young are dying. Delta is different.

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Phetchabun figure still doesn't reflect those 3,000+ infected workers at the chicken plant.

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Sunday

Total: 18,025

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1421719614917013504

ImageImageImage Image

Not sure we will ever see the Phetchabun numbers listed anywhere unfortunately, its just the nature of the beast.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This guy is a true rocket scientist in my view, in another OP running they talk about daily cases of 40k, and then 30k with the lockdowns being 25% successful, and the peak not being for quite awhile.  However, unless they get serious with the lockdown here in BKK I do not see how they can even think the numbers will drop.  Not looking like a lockdown here in BKK as yesterday seemed like it was a regular weekday and now that people are awake and moving the roadways are very busy for even a Sunday.  It looks like many people are fed up being told to stay inside, or ordered, without any real penalties in place.  So as I see it the spread here in BKK will continue as the side Sois are very packed today with folks buying from the vendors and shops, and the 7-11 near us packed as well.

Dr Opas's comments citing mathematical models and projections make little or no sense.  It's the old feudal style where the poo yai talk down to the little people and don't feel the need to explain methodology which in this case looks highly suspect.  Even if the models were good what they input into them is only manipulated data due to the massive understatement of cases and deaths and therefore meaningless.  There is no need to make sense or have someone decent in the job. He knows he is there because of connections and scratch my back culture and the people over him also have zero accountability and can't be removed no matter how many thousands of Thais die needlessly or have their livelihoods wiped out.

The BMA said they have to temporarily close 25 vaccination centers across Bangkok tomorrow due to insufficient vaccines allocated by the government. The only two locations to stay open are the SCG Vaccination Center and SCB Headquarters #Bangkok #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421743490526957572

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

14 month old baby if I remember right. Maybe you missed that. Not having a go but the young and very young are dying. Delta is different.

There was baby born to a mother seriously ill with COVID who opened her eyes for a few seconds and passed away.  Poor little mite. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The BMA said they have to temporarily close 25 vaccination centers across Bangkok tomorrow due to insufficient vaccines allocated by the government. The only two locations to stay open are the SCG Vaccination Center and SCB Headquarters #Bangkok #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421743490526957572

There's been an ongoing (urinating) match going on between the BMA and MoPH over vaccine allocations, with the BMA claiming internally that the MoPH is giving BMA doses to places other than the BMA's various vaccination sites....

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

The CCSA will be holding a meeting today at 1:30 PM to formally decide on dark red zone rules and likely extensions of measures and restrictions. New measures could also be announced. Stay tuned. #Thailand

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1421640968625790980

Are they still in the meeting?

In one week Issan has gone from 2,007 July 23 to 3,670 today. At a guess that's around a 55% increase in a wk. I say exponential and there's always someone that says no it's not. Well maybe it's not but increasing 55% in a wk for me is not a good sign. 10th of July numbers of infected for that day in Issan was 835. I've said before I'm not a maths person but isn't this around a 475% increase. If it is why isn't this exponential? 475% increase in three weeks. 

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure we will ever see the Phetchabun numbers listed anywhere unfortunately, its just the nature of the beast.

They've been hiding numbers from day dot. I remember back in December I think it was a doctor or Prof. that said 300 positives from a factory in Samut Sakhon were not recorded. The true numbers we will never be known.  

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe Bangkok has peaked ????

Appreciate the wink. Personaly I think add a zero to every number you see and it's probably around the mark as asymptomatic, those sent away without testing and now rapid antigen testing are not included.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

In one week Issan has gone from 2,007 July 23 to 3,670 today. At a guess that's around a 55% increase in a wk. I say exponential and there's always someone that says no it's not. Well maybe it's not but increasing 55% in a wk for me is not a good sign. 10th of July numbers of infected for that day in Issan was 835. I've said before I'm not a maths person but isn't this around a 475% increase. If it is why isn't this exponential? 475% increase in three weeks. 

If you’re so sceptical about the numbers reported claiming you could add another zero on the numbers, why do you then go on to break them down into stats showing % increases and commenting on them as if they are real numbers?

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 2

Is that it?  Surely not.

[Update] New announcement from CCSA - lockdown extended by 14 days - new redzone area - restaurant in malls can sell food for delivery - worker camps not locked up anymore

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1421753499994316806

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

Lockdown for a further 14 days which was expected.

New redzone area?

restaurant in malls can sell food for delivery - is that new?

worker camps not locked up anymore - able to resume work?

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Is that it?  Surely not.

[Update] New announcement from CCSA - lockdown extended by 14 days - new redzone area - restaurant in malls can sell food for delivery - worker camps not locked up anymore

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1421753499994316806

So the lockdown has been relaxed further, leaves me perplexed. They must think in 2 weeks we will have won the war.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If you’re so sceptical about the numbers reported claiming you could add another zero on the numbers, why do you then go on to break them down into stats showing % increases and commenting on them as if they are real numbers?

Unfortunately we need to use what they show in order to get a better idea of the spread. Kind of funny how the numbers for cases always seem to flatline especially when testing goes down because of the inability for hospitals to test because they are full. Additionally, the numbers of Rapid tests used are unknown as well as those positive on them because they do not report them. I mean have you seen the Phetchabun numbers from the 3k plus positive tests in the actual reported stats. That answer is NO.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

From The Enquirer:

New announcements from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Sunday.

- Lockdown extended by 14 days

- New highly controlled areas from 13 to 29 provinces including:

Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chon Buri, Chachoengsao, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Sing Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.

- Restaurants in malls can sell food for delivery

- Worker camps are not locked up anymore

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You want to believe a government that took over by a coup d'etat and then rigged an election that's up to you. Personally I will not. Do you not remember there were no infections in prisons and then they had to release the democracy guys who tested positive. Only then when they were outed were the prisoner numbers were released. As for your other bit of wisdom Issan went from 2,007 infections in a day to 3670. Day to day this represents about a 55% increase. These are real numbers. Today there are 1,663 more positive infections in one day than there were a week ago. Let me also say showing a number as a % is not breaking them down into statistics.

So basically you believe the infection numbers on Isaan but not in BKK 

Fair enough. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From The Enquirer:

New announcements from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Sunday.
- Lockdown extended by 14 days
- New highly controlled areas from 13 to 29 provinces including:
Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chon Buri, Chachoengsao, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Sing Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.

Only 48 more to go and all 77 will be dark red.

• Haha 1