Thailand reports 18,027 new COVID-19 cases, 133 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From The Enquirer:

New announcements from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Sunday.

- Lockdown extended by 14 days

- New highly controlled areas from 13 to 29 provinces including:

Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chon Buri, Chachoengsao, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Sing Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.

- Restaurants in malls can sell food for delivery

- Worker camps are not locked up anymore

I think these are the 16 newly added ones...

Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Sing Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong.

Before, it was Bangkok plus the adjoining five, the four southern provinces, and then Chonburi, Chachoengsao and Ayutthaya added thereafter, for a total of 13 provinces prior to this latest change.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I don't believe he ever said he believed the issan numbers. He just pointed out with what they show now versus then it's a 55% increase. You just want to see it another way which is fine, so agree to disagree.

Oh ok. My apologies. 

He was just breaking down a load of numbers for an area to highlight the exponential increase in cases …………even though he don’t believe the numbers. 

Get it now. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Oh ok. My apologies. 

He was just breaking down a load of numbers for an area to highlight the exponential increase in cases …………even though he don’t believe the numbers. 

Get it now. 

Please. Can you just not accept that I'm saying there is a massive increase in Issan infections and numbers of infections are way under-reported.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Thai AirAsia will temporarily cease all operations in August, due to zero revenue following the ban on domestic flights in the "dark red" provinces, in order to meet the conditions of social security assistance. #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/40004044

Tough news for Air Asia staff who are apparently going to be going without any salaries for at least a two-month period:

"it became necessary to announce short-term measures to postpone employees' salaries for July-August."

Funny (sadly) that Air Asia was predicting and posting just yesterday that they hoped to resume their domestic flights by Aug. 9... Obviously, that's proved to be a broken hope.

• Thanks 1

Thai vaccines cumulative update as of yesterday, broken down by brand. Thus far, overall, Thailand has still given more Sinovac doses than they have AZ doses.

Sinovac total: 8,699,803

AZ total: 8,000,079

Also worth noting -  the chart below tells us there's 3.4+ million people walking around Thailand right now who have been "fully vaccinated" with double doses of the Sinovac vaccine (in fact, the vast majority of all double doses given here thus far)... That ought to be some cause for concern, apart from all the others, in a Delta variant virus world!

2021-08-01e.thumb.jpg.9cd44bd81d59a552d0b9d270b957ddbd.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/fanmoph/photos/a.769525979740426/6610864565606509/?type=3

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Oh ok. My apologies. 

Get it now. 

Unfortunately we have to use what has been published by this government in order to try and make some sense out of the crazy numbers they post, no matter if they are right or not in order to come up with some type of growth or decline.  Just like trying to find a true positivity rate of cases versus tests, we have to use what's published because we have no idea what true testing numbers are and the actual positive cases, such as when they fail to include the Rapid tests used and then how many are positive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The lockdown & curfew is being extended which isn’t a surprise. The dark red zone is also being extended to 29 provinces. This might be a problem for Sandboxers who want to fly Nok Air from Phuket to U-Tapao which will now be in the dark red zone. The flights might be cancelled.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1421769589873004545

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Problem is that we don't have an alternate earth somewhere where the Thai government did not lock down on 20 July so we could compare. I am convinced the numbers would be higher without a lockdown. I am not saying that the lockdown is carried out well. But I do know it has stopped a lot of people from having contact some people i knew still went out had parties but that is now done because of the lockdown. 

Talking about larger parties here 15+ ppl. But now nobody goes out at night anymore. People stay home more. So it is limiting contact for sure. 

But I'm sure people are still meeting for drinking in each others homes, just now they stay overnight because if the curfew. My GF doing so tonight, only 4-5 of them but until they make a rule to stop people going to others homes it's going to continue to happen. Can see how it spreads even with few people, 4 meeting, 1 infected, possible 4 infected. A few days later those new 3 go to other homes to see friends, infect 3 more each, so from 1 person to 13. This is what the authorities need to consider.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately we have to use what has been published by this government in order to try and make some sense out of the crazy numbers they post, no matter if they are right or not in order to come up with some type of growth or decline.  Just like trying to find a true positivity rate of cases versus tests, we have to use what's published because we have no idea what true testing numbers are and the actual positive cases, such as when they fail to include the Rapid tests used and then how many are positive.

Yeah I get that. But to these use these numbers as a basis for analysis, commenting on whether the rate is growing exponentially or what % increase is being seen is in

my opinion futile.

You either believe them or you don’t.  
You can’t pick and mix when it suits.   

God forbit they may be so incompetent that the numbers they are reporting are not massively under reported but they are actually falling! 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Tough news for Air Asia staff who are apparently going to be going without any salaries for at least a two-month period:

"it became necessary to announce short-term measures to postpone employees' salaries for July-August."

Funny (sadly) that Air Asia was predicting and posting just yesterday that they hoped to resume their domestic flights by Aug. 9... Obviously, that's proved to be a broken hope.

The billionaire owners won't care, it won't affect their personal fortunes in the slightest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

But I'm sure people are still meeting for drinking in each others homes, just now they stay overnight because if the curfew. My GF doing so tonight, only 4-5 of them but until they make a rule to stop people going to others homes it's going to continue to happen. Can see how it spreads even with few people, 4 meeting, 1 infected, possible 4 infected. A few days later those new 3 go to other homes to see friends, infect 3 more each, so from 1 person to 13. This is what the authorities need to consider.

100% correct in your view, and thus adds to the issue of growth we see regardless of this semi-lockdown or failure to enforce the rules.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Oh ok. My apologies. 

Get it now. 

He did percentage numbers based on those numbers that are available. He could hardly do them on numbers that aren’t. Notwithstanding the very large increases based on official numbers, we all know the situation is probably even worse. But can only estimate how worse.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comments remmoved
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah I get that. But to these use these numbers as a basis for analysis, commenting on whether the rate is growing exponentially or what % increase is being seen is in

my opinion futile.

You either believe them or you don’t.  
You can’t pick and mix when it suits.   

God forbit they may be so incompetent that the numbers they are reporting or not massively under reported but the are actually falling! 

Sorry sir, but we deal with the cards dealt.  If you want to find fault with how the numbers are used to come up with the Stats published by those of us on here, then maybe just ignore our posts is all I can say if it gives you heartburn.  If you don't want to see the stats we come up with based upon the numbers given to us by the MOPH and CCSA then I do not know what to tell you.  Do we believe those numbers, no we don't, but with what they give us we can extrapolate the 7 day averages which keep rising, and the increases from provinces as well.  Even the information from worldometers is not corrected daily and also shows a lag.  Nobody on here that I can see picks and mixes numbers when it suits them as you state.  Tell me why we have to either believe the numbers or not believe them in order to extrapolate from them.  IT would be erroneous to decide and use our own numbers to come up with stats, much like the Thai Government stating that 70% of Phuket was vaccinated prior to the sandbox, when in all actuality less than that percentage even had just one shot instead of two.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

There needs to be a balanced view on these daily threads. They are becoming too territorial imo. 

Ridiculing others like has happened to other members for having different opinions is wrong and challenging what they are posting should be encouraged rather than crying troll. 

A chap even got attacked for telling people he has recover <deleted>!

Easiest thing in the world to baaaa and jump on a bandwagon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Is that it?  Surely not.

[Update] New announcement from CCSA - lockdown extended by 14 days - new redzone area - restaurant in malls can sell food for delivery - worker camps not locked up anymore

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1421753499994316806

I'm pleased about the mall restaurants being allowed to sell food for delivery - hopefully they'll be able to sell take-out too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Restaurants in malls can open their kitchens for delivery only. No takeaways allowed.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421776180760383493

Bummer.  I wonder if I can wait outside and get a Grab driver to just hand my lunch over to me?  

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Starting from 3rd August, curfew in 29 provinces in the dark red zone is 9pm-4am. It is “forbidden” to leave your residence. Last time it was just “refrain”. No activity with more than 5 people. Restaurants in malls can open their kitchens for delivery only. No takeaways allowed.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421776180760383493

OMG "Forbidden" is that like God Forbid Adam and Eve from eating the apple from the tree of Knowledge.  Will the government seriously start to stop people who are out and about unless they have a valid reason and a QR code on their phone allowing movement, will they be going around to residences, condos and such and issuing each household a voucher to leave their place of residence to go and buy food only, go to the doctors, or a vaccination.  I am being sarcastic here because the only thing I have ever seen have any teeth is being caught out during curfew, and nothing during the day.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Infographics in English of the new restrictions and 29 dark red zones that starts from 3rd August. Curfew in this zone will be extended for two weeks and then most likely extended again to the end of the month. Restaurants in malls can open for delivery only, not takeaway.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421783257578827781

ImageImage

Confused.  The box in the graphic for Malls says restaurants can only open for "takeaway services", yet the post said strictly delivery pick-up only, not takeout?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So my guess is with new restrictions nothing will change. More hot air. Delta will continue to spread, people will continue to die and numbers will continue up. Well of course numbers might go down but that would be in direct correlation with testing going down. BKK being an example hapenning now.

The only thing we can be sure of is that The Experts and The Scientists are in total disarray, changing version every week.

Perhaps we should finally listen to the real doctors, the real scientists and the real psychologists after a year and a half of censorship and personal attacks, and perhaps try to take anti-cyclical measures. (at least test them for counter-evidence).

But I know I'm a dreamer.

Just now, anchadian said:

Of the news reports I've seen so far, I haven't come accross the word 'forbidden' to leave your residence, most saying people are asked to stay at home other than the usual, buy food, pharmacy, etc.  I think TNS used a too stronger word.

In other words, no change to the curfew rules, just an extension.

I think the "forbidden" to leave your residence just applies to leaving during the 9pm-4am curfew.