29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

I am guessing many duplicates. The 29,000 is probably the number of initial emails, more likely less than 20K actual registrations.

And if it turns about to be a sino something then there will likely be  many drop outs.

Edited by Thailand

43 minutes ago, Toscano said:

My real preference would be Sputnik V , failing that Sinovac , if the only choice is Pfyzer I won't be vaccinated .

I believe Sinovac is available at our local hospital , but a nurse friend told my wife that foreigners have to have Pfyzer .

My wife will speak to her again tomorrow to see if I can have Sinovac . Perhaps it is thought that foreigners , like Americans would prefer Pfyzer , if Sinovac is good for Thais it's good enough for me , I will not have Pfyzer . I don't want to be vaccinated anyway , my only reason would be not to be a bother at our local hospital , I'm not worried about dying .  

And neither are you worried about spreading the disease which really tells me all I want to know about you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

When I got the email and the link, you click and register your email first a message is then return to you with the same link I click that this time the application process started not being very techno the part that was a pain in the butt was trying to put in your birthday maybe there is a trick but I ended up clicking like a million times back to 1951 to enter my BD,  I also had a problem putting in my passport and the Extension stamp like the other fella I just put in the passport page and submit it went through said now must wait for confirmation.

I got the link through a friend who register the first day 1st of August he got a confirmation to go to Medpark August 11th for Pfizer,  his wingman a Brit in his late 70's did the same and got a confirmation for August 14th, also pfizer.

In the future if you ever see a date selector widget like this an easy way to manage it is to select a date on the first page of the widget (like yesterday). It will enter that date in the proper format in the dialog box. You can then click in the dialog box and edit the date manually. As you do, the widget will actually update so you can certain you've edited your proper birth date. ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Maybe noted in another topic/thread about attaching scan or photo of passport and permission to stay extension.  2 attachments didn't show on the screen, so I combined both objects onto a Powerpoint slide then exported/"Save As" as a single JPEG file.  Appears to have worked, registration successful, wait for appointment date email.

Functional website and registration process.  Nice!

Immigration could learn a thing or two from these guys. ????

I also registered although neither my passport, visa or hospital declaration were uploaded. Will I ever get an invitation? In crazy Thailand, one never knows

6 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Huh!  I was using the Browse function and 2nd file replaced the first, at least on mine - Desktop Win10.   Tried it twice, then went to the PP work around. 

Same here using Windows 10 with Firefox browser. Latter may have been the problem. Also had the same when using app PDF Shaper to merge 2 JPEG or 2 PDF "pics" to one page. Printed 2 pics, scanned them together for single page, then used browser to place page into pic field. Worked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Denim said:

How many of those registered actually get their vaccine within a reasonable time frame remains to be seen but one thing is for sure. Even if you get vaccinated it would be wiser to continue wearing a mask , social distancing , avoiding intimate contact with strangers etc etc.  Having a vaccine is better than not having a vaccine but not catching the virus at all by continued vigilance is the way to go.

Agreed! I've read that after the first dose of Pfizer you are 70% protected. That's good, but vigilance is a necessity. Even now back home my family, all double vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna, are careful around others.

• Like 1

That's great!

This will hopefully put a little pressure on the junta to get quality vaccines.

We know there making money reselling test kits and charging for Sinopharm.  Tibet said there getting Sinopharm for 10.00 dollar a dose.  I assume Thailand struck some deal.  Charging a lot for what a morol government would give its citizens for free.

Amazing Thailand.

Edited by MrJ2U
Misspelled

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

Now, why ministry of foreign affairs is engaged in a job clearly beyond their competence?

One explanation might be  - to gain for their particular interest. Getting their hands on vaccines, which might also include 150k pfizer. With their sticky fingers they will be able to put some aside for themselves.

Or it might be that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs deals with we foreigners, while the Ministry of Public Health are left free to deal with the massive number of Thais wanting the vaccine. Suggesting that MofFA are in it for their own interests is based on nothing more than your cynical imagination.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Entering ones date DoB could have been easier, instead of having to click back through the years, it almost numbed my finger.

See my comment on page 4 of this thread for a simple trick in the future if confronted by a date widget like this one.

7 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Maybe noted in another topic/thread about attaching scan or photo of passport and permission to stay extension.  2 attachments didn't show on the screen, so I combined both objects onto a Powerpoint slide then exported/"Save As" as a single JPEG file.  Appears to have worked, registration successful, wait for appointment date email.

Functional website and registration process.  Nice!

Immigration could learn a thing or two from these guys. ????

Confusing, but would we expect anything else? I simply attached both and was told my application was successful. But I'm still expecting an email telling me the application isn't complete. Still, as you say, apart from the confusion you highlight it all ran smoothly. This is my third application via various methods, and having heard nothing after the last two I'm not holding my breath, but it's promising.

One thing I noticed was that it mentioned visas but not extensions, even though we are constantly told on this site by those who apparently know better than government offices that an extension is not a visa. As far as registering on the site, they are one and the same. I guess. Otherwise, again, I might get an email asking for correct info and/or that extensions don't count.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

That's great!

This will hopefully put a little pressure on the junta to get quality vaccines.

We know there making money reselling test kits and charging for Sinopharm.  Tibet said there getting Sinopharm for 10.00 dollar a dose.  I assume Thailand struck some deal.  Charging a lot for what a morol government would give its citizens for free.

Where can someone get Sinopharm outside of Bangkok?

7 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Well, when it comes to Thai Gov websites, the bar is low.  LOL.   Attachment function ought to be an easy fix, but meh, wasn't difficult to work around. 

Now, let's see what my appointment date is.  Mate of mine told me he got his appointment date email..... APRIL 2022!   If mine ends up being so far in the future, can't help but consider the potential for a Sinovac bait and switch.  We'll see how it goes.  ???? 

hope it is not SONGKRAM week !!!!

1 hour ago, Acharn said:

Disappointed it's the Pfizer vaccine. Lot of anecdotes from  the states they have lots of reactions, especially to the second dose. I'm registered for the Moderna at my hospital, but they won't confirm until they have the vaccine in hand, probably about the end of September of October. I'm in no hurry, I'm in a situation where I have almost no exposure and I've figured for 65 years I might drop dead or get hit by a bus this afternoon anyway. If you're scared of dying you probably haven't enjoyed life that much.

It varies by person. My anecdotal stories among my friends in the US, who all got a mixture of Pfizer and Moderna, is that there was more of a severe reaction to Moderna. Some went as far as to get different vaccines between husband/wives. If one was to die from a certain vaccine, the other would be around to take care of the kids!

43 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Entering ones date DoB could have been easier, instead of having to click back through the years, it almost numbed my finger.

I started that but lost the will to live, so tried clicking on the year and that started me on the right road. If it was user friendly it wouldn't be a Thai website, would it. At least the drop down menus for my location worked well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fdsa said:

you've just revealed the true cause of all these vaccine websites' problems: the govt officials hire web designers to build websites when they should hire web programmers instead.

As a web programmer, I say you need both! They do different jobs. Designers make the site look pretty but programmers make it functional. While you can get away with just a programmer, the design will likely look amateurish and nobody will trust the site to sign up. If you try to save money and get a combo designer/programmer, you will likely fail and get something that is neither pretty nor functional!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Only 30,000 unvaccinated expats left in Thailand, that's very few ... I expected more than 100,000

30,000 registered. Less than 50% sounds about right. Some are already vaccinated and some will refuse the vaccine.

8 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Im going to see if its  Pfizer   or not, not Pfizer then I will avoid it and pay privately later when its  available. Registration is easy enough apart from the non alphabetical  list of countries when it comes to UK and Merica etc and inability to load files separately...........guess they got their  best web designer  onto building the site.

Yes, didn't say what vaccine would be given as " first shot".  Hope government isn't trying use up China vaccines on us.

5 hours ago, garygooner said:

Thought the number would be higher than around 29k. Wonder how many have already paid for Moderna up front and are waiting? 

Me for one. Q# 909K and change for Moderna. Signed up for this (painlessly) hoping to accelerate the process. If a 60+ year-old with 2 health conditions is told April 22, it would seem reasonable to conclude Moderna will get me first as I am both under 60 and in great shape.

8 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Seriously? List of countries  non alphabetical, inability to load more than one photo  easily.

I had no issues uploading 2 jpegs. Maybe a case of operator error.

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

"More than 28,000 expats in Thailand have registered for a COVID-19 vaccine using the Ministry of Public Health’s newly launched vaccine registration portal."

but it's not the ministry of health  - it's ministry of foreign affairs. That's why spokesman from this ministry made an announcement. Also says clearly on their website.

Now, why ministry of foreign affairs is engaged in a job clearly beyond their competence?

One explanation might be  - to gain for their particular interest. Getting their hands on vaccines, which might also include 150k pfizer. With their sticky fingers they will be able to put some aside for themselves.

Since May I have already registered on 3 other websites. There was no any follow up on any of them 

Keep trying. Your positive attitude will get you there in the end.

Does anybody know if the Mor Prom app is working?

Is it still possible to download it?

Is it worth downloading?

Is there an English version of it.

I had a link to it in my Line account but when it 'took' me to Google play store to presumably download it I got an odd message saying: "This is not aviable in your country"

Can anybody cast light on the above?

Today at BPH I was told Mor Prom would have evidence and details of my recent vaccination.

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Correction, I earlier posted friend got confirmed appointment at Medpark for Pfizer in a week, I assumed he use this ExpatVac but t he used  Thailandintervac site. I got on the site it actually explains things better and gave you choices I click Medpark since it was offering Pfizer actually ask you for your preference filled out the application even allows you to pick a date and time once everything is filled out I submit.  Now like Expatvac it is a waiting game for confirmation?????

I did the Medpark registration and have already received my confirmation for Pfizer for next Wednesday evening in Bangkok. While I am not thrilled about having to go to Bangkok for the vaccine, I am willing to take a calculated risk to get a decent vaccine. Once I get the first injection and confirmation of the time and date for the second, I'll be canceling all the others I have done, i.e. Moderna and SV1/AZ2.

David

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Confusing, but would we expect anything else? I simply attached both and was told my application was successful. But I'm still expecting an email telling me the application isn't complete. Still, as you say, apart from the confusion you highlight it all ran smoothly. This is my third application via various methods, and having heard nothing after the last two I'm not holding my breath, but it's promising.

One thing I noticed was that it mentioned visas but not extensions, even though we are constantly told on this site by those who apparently know better than government offices that an extension is not a visa. As far as registering on the site, they are one and the same. I guess. Otherwise, again, I might get an email asking for correct info and/or that extensions don't count.

Yep, after fiddling with dysfunctional Immigration websites over the years, admit I was skeptical about this one at first, but pleasantly surprised in the end. 

Right....the good old Visa vs. Extension gotcha - always a crowd pleaser here.  It's such a common faux pas that I, and probably the vast majority here, knew what MoFA meant and what they wanted.  Immigration is completely disinterested in my USED S.E. Non-O Visa from 2012, so the idea that MoFA would be, in this context, never occurred to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1