29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

As of 6pm on Monday (Aug 2), a total of 28,788 expats had registered on the Expatvac platform following its launch on August 1, Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Tanee Sangrat announced on Twitter.

I'd be more interested to see/hear the number who have actually completed the registration process by sending in their documents and having those accepted/confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Not really.  Countryside for sure, but only about 20 minute drive outside large city.

@Saltire  Ahhh, looks like I may have conflated two separate processes.   My wife knows this guy's wife and just told me they'd registered through some previous Thai website or App, so that's why he already had an appointment date when we were chatting yesterday, and why it's so far into the future.  Maybe.  I don't know.  Anyway........

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In their latest revision, they've also included the Thai student and diplomat group needing vaccines to travel abroad in the 150,000 dose allotment. So the portion for foreign nationals will be even less...

And of course, it's two doses per person. So you cut the number of doses in half to get to the number of people who can be vaccinated.

Agreed, but you might be able to remove most of the foreigners in Bangkok as they are being dealt with separately. One fact I do know is, the number of Brits living in Thailand is 49.000 according to the UK Embassy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

@Saltire  Ahhh, looks like I may have conflated two separate processes.   My wife knows this guy's wife and just told me they'd registered through some previous Thai website or App, so that's why he already had an appointment date when we were chatting yesterday, and why it's so far into the future.  Maybe.  I don't know.  Anyway........

Yes, scroll back a few posts it looks like if you already have an appointment through another channel, this new site knows about it. Poster above in ChiangMai kind of confirms this.

• Like 2

Also, reading how the report is worded, it appears to me that the 150,000Pfizer doses are probably not the same 150,000 that will end up in our arms. Sounds to me like two separate issues conveniently reported together.

You heard it here first! ????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'd be more interested to see/hear the number who have actually completed the registration process by sending in their documents and having those accepted/confirmed.

Me too. I can't see where I read it but I recall the completed application would be subject to document checking. Which means they will have to work their way through all the attachments, possibly rejecting if both visa and passport are not supplied.

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Me too. I can't see where I read it but I recall the completed application would be subject to document checking. Which means they will have to work their way through all the attachments, possibly rejecting if both visa and passport are not supplied.

Or duplicate email submissions by the same person because their initial attempts didn't work... And perhaps, submissions by people who have already received a single dose that may or may not get kicked out, depending on how closely they scrutinize the submissions vis-a-vis vaccination records in their system.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One.

But I do not have an appointment, yet. I don't think anyone does, yet. My understanding is that vaccinations might begin on 10 or 11 August, in locations TBD, and that people will get at least a 24 - 36 hour advanced notice.

Text of email:

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"More than 28,000 expats in Thailand have registered"

I wonder how many of the 28,000 were people registering multiple email addresses because of a poorly designed registration system with problems like email address has been taken and system errors when they were actually entered.

Probably much less than 28,000 different people. Maybe less than half. Hours later I received this for the 4 different email accounts I entered: You have registered this email for the FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Please click on the following link to begin your registration :

Still no indication as to when the appointment date will be for the one email I completed.

Next week, next month, next year??????

59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Or duplicate email submissions by the same person because their initial attempts didn't work... And perhaps, submissions by people who have already received a single dose that may or may not get kicked out, depending on how closely they scrutinize the submissions vis-a-vis vaccination records in their system.

I have completed the registration and received the "success" notification.  However, I only uploaded my passport data page and did not include the page showing my visa.  At the time, I couldn't figure the work-around for uploading two photos into the form.  Now, I worry.  I would like to edit and update my registration but don't see how.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

How many of those registered actually get their vaccine within a reasonable time frame remains to be seen but one thing is for sure. Even if you get vaccinated it would be wiser to continue wearing a mask , social distancing , avoiding intimate contact with strangers etc etc.  Having a vaccine is better than not having a vaccine but not catching the virus at all by continued vigilance is the way to go.

Great plug for the vaccines...where do I sign up???

58 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Thought the number would be higher than around 29k. Wonder how many have already paid for Moderna up front and are waiting? 

As an indication there are quite a number of @Udon Map members paid for Moderna and registered over the last few days. Also have a friend who has paid up and had a Sinovac jab as well, he will take the AZ as a 2nd. = hedging his bets.

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

One fact I do know is, the number of Brits living in Thailand is 49.000 according to the UK Embassy.

Very surprised by this low number, but with the UK donating 450,000 Astra zeneca vaccines, perhaps their is a chance of something other than Sinovac?.

Although for those of us outside of Bangkok in Issan cities not recognized as significant by the philanthropic junta other than Buriram, we will have to take what we are offered until the Moderna arrives.

5 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Maybe noted in another topic/thread about attaching scan or photo of passport and permission to stay extension.  2 attachments didn't show on the screen, so I combined both objects onto a Powerpoint slide then exported/"Save As" as a single JPEG file.  Appears to have worked, registration successful, wait for appointment date email.

Another method is to use a blue button to manually browse/select images. You can then select both images and they will be uploaded together.

5 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Maybe noted in another topic/thread about attaching scan or photo of passport and permission to stay extension

They asked for visa not extension .................................. mute point but there is a difference

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Submitting your email is NOT registering. You are "registered" once you have completed the digital form and it is accepted.

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Submitting your email is NOT registering. You are "registered" once you have completed the digital form and it is accepted.

When I got the email and the link, you click and register your email first a message is then return to you with the same link I click that this time the application process started not being very techno the part that was a pain in the butt was trying to put in your birthday maybe there is a trick but I ended up clicking like a million times back to 1951 to enter my BD,  I also had a problem putting in my passport and the Extension stamp like the other fella I just put in the passport page and submit it went through said now must wait for confirmation.

I got the link through a friend who register the first day 1st of August he got a confirmation to go to Medpark August 11th for Pfizer,  his wingman a Brit in his late 70's did the same and got a confirmation for August 14th, also pfizer.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

They asked for visa not extension .................................. mute point but there is a difference

many would have the original visa in older passport , and not all keep older passports alive , and thus all stamps transferred to new passport , hence the "extension" marking, and extension is not a visa , the common wrong word use generally for it 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Just registered but not sure if they are going to give the cocktail version or not?

Gone off cocktails years ago.

I will not accept any vaccine that is not approved in my own country for very obvious reasons, so that leaves AZ Pf Moderna J&J

• Like 1
  • Sad 1