29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

On 8/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, scotty4243 said:

Also received the it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

I can see now that it is because the file section for passport only accepts 1 file!!!

I don't think that is the reason .... I sent both my passport page and the visa page in one file and I think they didn't even look further than the first page.  I got the same reply. ....lack of required visas.  I have been living here for many years and have a valid stay permit!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 4:57 AM, scotty4243 said:

Also received the it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

I can see now that it is because the file section for passport only accepts 1 file!!!

Some reported that multiple files could be uploaded as long as they were all selected and uploaded together rather than selecting one file at  time (those just replace existing one).  I just opened up an app and merged the 3 photos into one larger photo because I was not aware of that at the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mommysboy said:

........[redacted].......

If you have a BMI over 25 (and are not a power athlete) you need to get out there in the evening and start doing something.

How to calculate Body Mass Index per Google search:

'Body Mass Index is a simple calculation using a person's height and weight. The formula is BMI = kg/m2 where kg is a person's weight in kilograms and m2 is their height in metres squared.'

Example: as a Brit, 6 foot tall (6 feet = 183cm = 1.83m) and 82 kg in weight my BMI = 82 / (1.83 x 1.83) = 24.5. I'm surprised they use a BMI as low as 25 - I'm nowhere near obese and no doctor or hospital comprehensive health analysis has ever commented that I should reduce my weight. Have i got the calculation right?

Pfizer vaccination announcement from expatvac.consular.go.th

As you register for Pfizer vaccine from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ministry of Foreign Affairs Confirmed receipt of such vaccination to the hospital where you has registered. The hospital, Confirmed Pfizer Vaccination on 24/08/2021  from 08:30 am  - 04:00 pm.
 Please prepare the certificate 1.Passport or a copy of your Passport.

Good news at the end. See all you guys with the same invitation at Hua Hin Hospital tomorrow.

3 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

6 foot tall (6 feet = 183cm = 1.83m) and 82 kg in weight my BMI = 82 / (1.83 x 1.83) = 24.5. I'm surprised they use a BMI as low as 25

correct. You are close to overweight. 

Because you are not overweight yet nobody is bothering you at this stage.

With half of population over 25 bmi not much point making an issue of it

• Like 1

Thought Id try the Expatvac today. Couldn't believe my eyes when I got to Birth Date and saw that you can't write a date, you have to click your way back from August 2021, one click pr month! I am 66 for christ sake, they want me to click 66*12=792 TIMES? Or am I missing something here? 

1 minute ago, Odinrex said:

Thought Id try the Expatvac today. Couldn't believe my eyes when I got to Birth Date and saw that you can't write a date, you have to click your way back from August 2021, one click pr month! I am 66 for christ sake, they want me to click 66*12=792 TIMES? Or am I missing something here? 

Yup, missing something !!

Click on the year which will turn to decades, go from there, should be able to get to your birthdate in less than 10 clicks .

• Like 1

Thanks Andrew, you saved me a lot of clicks there..????

Another question: Anyone know if you get some sort of certificate/proof of vaccination that can be used if you want to go to Europe? Or be converted to the global certificate when that comes along?

34 minutes ago, Odinrex said:

It's an aptitude test to determine if you are worthy of a Thai vaccination. Unfortunately, you have failed. ☹️

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Odinrex said:

Another question: Anyone know if you get some sort of certificate/proof of vaccination that can be used if you want to go to Europe? Or be converted to the global certificate when that comes along?

There’s this thread here:

Questionable if can be used for overseas travel but about all we have ????

38 minutes ago, Odinrex said:

You get a vaccination Certificate, whether useful in Eu depends if the vaccine is recognized in Eu. Pfizer is and I think AZ also  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

It's an aptitude test to determine if you are worthy of a Thai vaccination. Unfortunately, you have failed. ☹️

yeah yeah yeah, rub it in... worst thing, im a retired systems analyst, thought i knew something about computers...  

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2021 at 2:12 PM, pantsonfire said:

I have an appointment with MedPark now but iam on Tourist visa.  Would they need to see some kind of visa to take the vaccine?  Also it doesnt state what vaccine i will be taking

just walk in, maybe you will get.

If fail - get to bangkok hospital pattaya. Registration and after several days pfizer. For over 40 or with conditions, visa doesn't matter, you can well be illegal

On 8/30/2021 at 1:52 PM, jomtienisgood said:

You get a vaccination Certificate, whether useful in Eu depends if the vaccine is recognized in Eu. Pfizer is and I think AZ also  

Last I read (can't remember where, but I think it was 7-10 days ago and it was in a journalistic article, not some expat taking a punt on social meejah ..... er ... like I am here????), the Brits had approval of AZ produced in Thailand as under review but with every expectation that it would gain approval, whereas the EU has not yet indicated it's under review. 90% confident that's what I read.