29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

After I signed up I received an email with the following message which indicates it is not available outside the Bangkok area and surroundings:

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

many would have the original visa in older passport , and not all keep older passports alive , and thus all stamps transferred to new passport , hence the "extension" marking, and extension is not a visa , the common wrong word use generally for it 

Your visa will be in any older passport as well. They transfer the visa when ever you get a new passport and request a transfer of all stamps

I think it goes deeper than that. Too many older Thais have neither any clue about, nor interest in technology. 60% of Thai IT graduates do not work in IT. 60% of IT workers here did not graduate in IT. As only young people understand programming, and programming is a career path with a low glass-ceiling so the smart programmers realise that and change careers. Most Thai organisations programming can and should only be done by fresh graduates for the lowest price possible. Have we ever seen a tender here pitched and won on quality over price?

I have worked in IT since 1988 in London, here, Hong Kong and Singapore where I ran IT for a USD100,000,000 regional logistics Co., I have seem how each country in Asia approaches IT. Thailand is so far behind the rest it is scary. In 1993 I can remember one of Thailand's bank's IT Exec VP telling us they would 'jump over' the client-server revolution and get away from COBOL and AS/400s. I can remember them calling us in a panic when they used waterfall development processes for SmallTalk projects (few might understand that but it is the programming equivalent to using a Ferrari to drive off-road or carry durian.) I wonder how much blame can be assigned to Thailand's slavish use of AS/400 and all the wrong-headedness it brought with it.

The few companies here that know how to buy technology services are keeping the even fewer companies that can deliver very busy. The rest of both camps are stuck with each other until death.

11 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

Actually the biggest piece missing is usually the strategy, including security, before a finger is lifted for design or programming. But since managers here have little incentive to spend their budgets on such an invisible step, it usually doesn't happen.

• Like 1

Just now, moe666 said:

Your visa will be in any older passport as well. They transfer the visa when ever you get a new passport and request a transfer of all stamps

O.K. let me be super clear ,

your visa sticker page stays in your old passport in case , but the transfer page on new passport  just mention that visa , but that is NO MORE a visa , but an EXTENSION to that visa .

(forever the wrong naming, shall be for eternity i think ????)

50 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

just Drag&Drop multiple pictures to the input field, easy. It is written as a help hint.

Exactly what I did Sunday night. Took all of 10 seconds. No sweat.

11 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Actually it indicates the opposite.

After a few other reports on here, up in CM in particular, wonder if the batches of Pfizer from Murica, which I presume will be received in Bangkok, will be allocated around the country according to the foreigners with a confirmed slot via this new MoFA website process. 

That sounds like a lot of coordination and logistics.   Functioning website to register is great, love it!  Actually executing the operation, is another kettle of fish.

37 minutes ago, bjorn2 said:

After I signed up I received an email with the following message which indicates it is not available outside the Bangkok area and surroundings:

Rubbish.

I am 75 and have three of the listed underlying medical conditions. However I have no medical certificate to hand for either my diabetes or CKD and will need to trail out with difficulty to the hospital to see a doctor and get a certificate and thus also esposing myself unnecessarily to possible infection.  Surely I should just be able to give my local state hospital where I am registered and the info should be available on the data base easily ?????

So now I have to wait to register until I next have to go to the hiospital and be able to get a relevant medical certificate. This fortunately is soon now being later this week but others most vunerable with these relevant conditions will also be having similar problems dangerously delaying them longer from an urgently needed vaccine now with this Delta variant going rampant here.

Finally I VERY MUCH DO NOT WANT ANY mRNA vaccine so I hope I can preferably get traditionally produced deactivated actual virus cell based Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine for a natural produced immunity, or at a push I would accept the viral vector based AZ or better still if available Sputnik V.  Either way I hope they properly aspirate when they inject else if it accidentally gets into a vein or blood vessel and is directly entering into the bloodstream any of these vaccines can and are known to then cause blot clots, so always ask and ensure they aspirate when youget your vaccine jab.  Fortunately usually Thai medical staff are well trained here so I am sure they will know this easy to do procedure as it is an important fact about aspirating being highly recommended when injecting any such vaccines.  

Edited by rayw
typos

4 hours ago, Acharn said:

Disappointed it's the Pfizer vaccine. Lot of anecdotes from  the states they have lots of reactions, especially to the second dose. I'm registered for the Moderna at my hospital, but they won't confirm until they have the vaccine in hand, probably about the end of September of October. I'm in no hurry, I'm in a situation where I have almost no exposure and I've figured for 65 years I might drop dead or get hit by a bus this afternoon anyway. If you're scared of dying you probably haven't enjoyed life that much.

Or you've still got so much to live for.......

1 hour ago, hkt83100 said:

just Drag&Drop multiple pictures to the input field, easy. It is written as a help hint.

I tried drag & drop and also the browse function, each time, the second image replaced the one already there.

I noticed that at the bottom left-hand corner of the picture in the frame there was a "+" sign. Thought maybe that was how you added a 2nd image but that had no effect when clicked. Hovered the mouse over it and it displayed a message saying the image hadn't completed loading yet. After several tries I left the form open for 30 minutes, came back to it and it still said the image hadn't loaded yet. The image size was only 1.18M.

Given that some on here say they had no problem to load more than one image, I'm thinking that maybe the problem is browser dependent.

4 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I tried drag & drop and also the browse function, each time, the second image replaced the one already there.

I noticed that at the bottom left-hand corner of the picture in the frame there was a "+" sign. Thought maybe that was how you added a 2nd image but that had no effect when clicked. Hovered the mouse over it and it displayed a message saying the image hadn't completed loading yet. After several tries I left the form open for 30 minutes, came back to it and it still said the image hadn't loaded yet. The image size was only 1.18M.

Given that some on here say they had no problem to load more than one image, I'm thinking that maybe the problem is browser dependent.

Same here, using Windows 10 & Firefox.  A few suggestions in previous pages.  As noted, I put both scan images side-by-side on a single Powerpoint slide (Impress/LibreOffice), saved it as a JPEG, then attached that single file.

Just now, 55Jay said:

Same here, using Windows 10 & Firefox.  A few suggestions in previous pages.  As noted, I put both scan images side-by-side on a single Powerpoint slide (Impress/LibreOffice), saved it as a JPEG, then attached that single file.

I was also using Windows 10 & Firefox.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

I think it goes deeper than that. Too many older Thais have neither any clue about, nor interest in technology. 60% of Thai IT graduates do not work in IT. 60% of IT workers here did not graduate in IT. As only young people understand programming, and programming is a career path with a low glass-ceiling so the smart programmers realise that and change careers. Most Thai organisations programming can and should only be done by fresh graduates for the lowest price possible. Have we ever seen a tender here pitched and won on quality over price?

I have worked in IT since 1988 in London, here, Hong Kong and Singapore where I ran IT for a USD100,000,000 regional logistics Co., I have seem how each country in Asia approaches IT. Thailand is so far behind the rest it is scary. In 1993 I can remember one of Thailand's bank's IT Exec VP telling us they would 'jump over' the client-server revolution and get away from COBOL and AS/400s. I can remember them calling us in a panic when they used waterfall development processes for SmallTalk projects (few might understand that but it is the programming equivalent to using a Ferrari to drive off-road or carry durian.) I wonder how much blame can be assigned to Thailand's slavish use of AS/400 and all the wrong-headedness it brought with it.

The few companies here that know how to buy technology services are keeping the even fewer companies that can deliver very busy. The rest of both camps are stuck with each other until death.

Did you register for a vacc, on the site in this thread , expatvac ?

Edited by riclag

11 hours ago, Surasak said:

Entering ones date DoB could have been easier, instead of having to click back through the years, it almost numbed my finger.

clicking on the year it gave a better option - only 60 clicks for me lol

12 hours ago, macnmotion said:

In the future if you ever see a date selector widget like this an easy way to manage it is to select a date on the first page of the widget (like yesterday). It will enter that date in the proper format in the dialog box. You can then click in the dialog box and edit the date manually. As you do, the widget will actually update so you can certain you've edited your proper birth date. ????

good advice but in this instance that was not possible

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Same here using Windows 10 with Firefox browser. Latter may have been the problem. Also had the same when using app PDF Shaper to merge 2 JPEG or 2 PDF "pics" to one page. Printed 2 pics, scanned them together for single page, then used browser to place page into pic field. Worked.

put the jpegs you want into a folder once you have identified them (optional)

use the browse button 

navigate to the folder that contains your chosen jpegs

click on each while holding the cntrl key (which should select them all)

then hit the open key to finish - all the jpegs you have selected should appear on the form 

If the jpegs are too big open in MS paint and resize down 50% and save 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Previously, Thailand's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said that 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, donated by the US government, would be allocated for foreigners in Thailand. 

And with less than 30,000 people having already registered to receive the vaccine, it would suggest there are still sufficient vaccines available.

I won't say no to Pfizer.

• Like 1