29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

4 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Mate of mine told me he got his appointment date email..... APRIL 2022!  

That made me laugh.  On what, I wonder, is his date based; on the promises that vaccines have been ordered, will arrive soon, are in the pipeline, are expected ?   Where have I heard all that before, oh yes, in every government briefing. 

• Haha 1

Thumbs up for this registration, small technical problems, but seems to work and first time to get a confirmation, seems they want this registration to be serious.

Now must wait and see, if they can fellow up with vax appointments around in the country.

If they come with vaxappointments the next question will be what wax they can/will offer: Astra, Pfizer or ChinaSino....

I read that the danish serum institute have maked some studies, that shows it is ok to mix Atra and  Pfizer/Moderna, this institute should be close to political independent.

If every thing will work I am ready to take a first shot of Pfizer or Astra, second shot I will fight for must be Pfizer/Moderna

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Surely this is a mistake? Does the USA donated Pfizer have a really long shelf life? Maybe the Pfizer for this scheme is not from that donation but anticipation of buying in the future. I hope not?

Dunno but yes, that's what I was thinking.  

His comment made me do a double take as well, so I asked him again - April!  Wow!

Didn't see his email confirmation personally, he's not a smart phone kind of guy, but had no reason to doubt him.  Did suggest he follow up somehow, especially given his age and underlying med condition.

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Dunno but yes, that's what I was thinking.  

His comment made me do a double take as well, so I asked him again - April!  Wow!

Didn't see his email confirmation personally, he's not a smart phone kind of guy, but had no reason to doubt him.  Did suggest he follow up somehow, especially given his age and underlying med condition.

Does he perhaps live in a very remote area?

46 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Well, when it comes to Thai Gov websites, the bar is low.  LOL.   Attachment function ought to be an easy fix, but meh, wasn't difficult to work around. 

Now, let's see what my appointment date is.  Mate of mine told me he got his appointment date email..... APRIL 2022!   If mine ends up being so far in the future, can't help but consider the potential for a Sinovac bait and switch.  We'll see how it goes.  ???? 

You  can also  put  your brith date as any month in 2029

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

guess they got their  best web designer  onto building the site.

you've just revealed the true cause of all these vaccine websites' problems: the govt officials hire web designers to build websites when they should hire web programmers instead.

• Like 1

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

You  can also  put  your brith date as any month in 2029

I'll have to take your word for it.  

Sounds like you want to nitpick this website interface to death, and that's fine, but I'm going to bounce from this exchange with you.  ///

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

There were more than a few of the o called "registrations for Covid shot" so far non of them seriously delivered the goods as promised, so we hell wait and see for this around...

I signed up on 2 registrations for Covid shot and got an appointment on both of them, and have even had my first shot.

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

"Previously, Thailand's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said that 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, donated by the US government, would be allocated for foreigners in Thailand. 

And with less than 30,000 people having already registered to receive the vaccine, it would suggest there are still sufficient vaccines available."

It may be they will hold back half for the second dose which would mean a maximum of 75,000 foreigners.

In their latest revision, they've also included the Thai student and diplomat group needing vaccines to travel abroad in the 150,000 dose allotment. So the portion for foreign nationals will be even less...

And of course, it's two doses per person. So you cut the number of doses in half to get to the number of people who can be vaccinated.