29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

4 hours ago, Anthony mellows said:

Bit worried about the Pfiser vaccine. Has to be kept at an exceptionally low temperature, and its bloody hot here.

Get plenty of power cuts up here in Isaan.

The original temperature level for Pfizer has long since been modified. I've forgotten the details but the view now is that it can be kept at ordinary fridge freezing temp for a few days or a couple of weeks - something along those lines, so shouldn't be a worry now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pronto2 said:

I have completed the registration and received the "success" notification.  However, I only uploaded my passport data page and did not include the page showing my visa.  At the time, I couldn't figure the work-around for uploading two photos into the form.  Now, I worry.  I would like to edit and update my registration but don't see how.

In the same boat and do not see a way around.....register at the BHP instead. 

I hope that the vaccine given won't be a Chinese one. It should be Pfizer. 

I had to click about 780 times in order to input my birth date. The web designer must have been in a hurry. But it was good exercise for the "clicking" finger.

Edited by renaissanc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

In the same boat and do not see a way around.....register at the BHP instead. 

I pasted my 2 photos onto a word page took a screen shot and sent that and as you can see from previous post it was accepted although not great quality.

20 minutes ago, Raybangkok said:

Appointment for your FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccination.

Venue: the Central Vaccination Center – Bangsue Grand Station
Date: August 6, 2021
Time: 14:00

Bang Sue new RR

Ugh.

Hopefully it's orderly like 23, 24, 25 July, and not the overflow crowds on other days.

Interesting, sources said Pfizer to start 10 or 11 August.

Edited by mtls2005

6 minutes ago, Raybangkok said:

I pasted my 2 photos onto a word page took a screen shot and sent that and as you can see from previous post it was accepted although not great quality.

Yes I now understand there are ways to get it done.....but in reality it should not be presented as an exercise in computer skills!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Im going to see if its  Pfizer   or not, not Pfizer then I will avoid it and pay privately later when its  available. Registration is easy enough apart from the non alphabetical  list of countries when it comes to UK and Merica etc and inability to load files separately...........guess they got their  best web designer  onto building the site.

I have tried to register couldn't get past first hurdle, tried 2 different email addresses both come back as not valid, typical Thai government site. 

10 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

I had to click about 780 times in order to input my birth date. The web designer must have been in a hurry. But it was good exercise for the "clicking" finger.

Yeh that caught me out too, but then a poster on here told me to click on the year, great now have to only click 70 times lol But still won't load correct month 03 not 04 no matter how many times I try.

I have tried to register couldn't get past first hurdle, tried with 2 valid email addresses both of which I have had for many years showing up as not valid, ahhhh don't you just love Thai government sites.

The Hub of useless web site. 

19 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

S__37159254.jpg

10 hours ago, nahkit said:

I tried drag & drop and also the browse function, each time, the second image replaced the one already there.

I noticed that at the bottom left-hand corner of the picture in the frame there was a "+" sign. Thought maybe that was how you added a 2nd image but that had no effect when clicked. Hovered the mouse over it and it displayed a message saying the image hadn't completed loading yet. After several tries I left the form open for 30 minutes, came back to it and it still said the image hadn't loaded yet. The image size was only 1.18M.

Given that some on here say they had no problem to load more than one image, I'm thinking that maybe the problem is browser dependent.

I get the same.

11 hours ago, david555 said:

O.K. let me be super clear ,

your visa sticker page stays in your old passport in case , but the transfer page on new passport  just mention that visa , but that is NO MORE a visa , but an EXTENSION to that visa .

(forever the wrong naming, shall be for eternity i think ????)

That is not quite correct. The transfer stamp is not an extension, it is a reference to the visa in the previous passport number and effectively carries forward the same functionality as the expired visa sticker, referred to on the TM7. The visa will always exist, only the status changes.

22 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So will it be 29,000 happy campers or will there be 29,000 lame excuses?

I've registered and I can't wait to find out!

Given the worth of Thai promises, I reckon at least 28,000 are going to be disappointed.

23 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

I have tried to register couldn't get past first hurdle, tried with 2 valid email addresses both of which I have had for many years showing up as not valid, ahhhh don't you just love Thai government sites.

I think they must end in .com to work, same as 90 day report webpage

I also posted this in the other thread, so if it is cross posting then delete it.

Question for those foreigners that live in Isarn and that registered on ExpatVac.

Suppose the appointment comes via Email and the location is set to Bangkok / Bang Sue.

Would you go?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not true in either case.....

oh ?

very strange

I know that .net doesn't work on 90 day site for me, maybe there are other ext's that work

Edited by smedly

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I also posted this in the other thread, so if it is cross posting then delete it.

Question for those foreigners that live in Isarn and that registered on ExpatVac.

Suppose the appointment comes via Email and the location is set to Bangkok / Bang Sue.

Would you go?

The email following successful registration is quite clear:

"For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area."

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The email following successful registration is quite clear:

"For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area."

Oke but read this:

All foreigners in all provinces will get Pfizer including second doses. However, we’ve transferred those registered previously w/ MFA to Expatvac. Some may be directed to Bang Sue Grand Station and will get AstraZeneca-AztraZeneca. Administration of vac will be managed by MOPH.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

I had trouble with both my work email (said already taken) and my yahoo account (said invalid email). Then I tried the odd workaround below someone on these forums suggested, and miraculously, it worked:

Ex: Say your email address is [email protected] and the website says "email already taken".  Try [email protected] .   That is, add a "." after the first letter.

Weird, right?  But it worked.  The system sent a link about two hours later of doing this, and then I could register.