Forum upgrade in progress! ×

29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

2 hours ago, Jiggo said:

I have registered, keeping a eye on my e mail account, no reply within 24 hours you loose your appointment, glad I did not fall for the pay in advance scam at private Hospitals, well we can hope. 

What do you mean "no  reply"  i registered and it said they would send me an appointment within 24  hours to which I must respond...............nothing so  far and 24  hours  nearly up.

• Confused 3

Bad news for those pre-paying for Moderna. Looks like April 2022 and October only for luckier ones. This would confirm an earlier posters private hospital apppointment.

From Richard Barrow

"Sorry to say, but private hospitals have started to send out cancellation notices to some people that had paid in advance for the Moderna vaccine. People have 7 days to claim a refund. But they add you can reserve a 2nd generation Moderna vaccine due in April 2022"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Well, when it comes to Thai Gov websites, the bar is low.  LOL.   Attachment function ought to be an easy fix, but meh, wasn't difficult to work around. 

Now, let's see what my appointment date is.  Mate of mine told me he got his appointment date email..... APRIL 2022!   If mine ends up being so far in the future, can't help but consider the potential for a Sinovac bait and switch.  We'll see how it goes.  ???? 

Is that appointment from the new expatvax consular registration.?

13 minutes ago, Saltire said:

No.

Once you get the appointment email, you have 24 hours to confirm.

I didnt read it that you get the appointment within 24 hours, i understand that you HAVE only got 24 hours to respond to an appointment date, i think also that the rush for an acknowledgement means a swift turnaround and vax to start imminently, maybe brainwashed also. 

1 minute ago, Almer said:

I didnt read it that you get the appointment within 24 hours, i understand that you HAVE only got 24 hours to respond to an appointment date, i think also that the rush for an acknowledgement means a swift turnaround and vax to start imminently, maybe brainwashed also. 

I was replying to Rampant Rabbit.

Yes i think some will get apppointments soon as they are pegged to start around 10th August.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In the same boat and do not see a way around.....register at the BHP instead. 

Uploaded my visa page... at least they can see I'm legally supposed to be here.

If they want to verify my passport photo they can ask for it.

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

I also posted this in the other thread, so if it is cross posting then delete it.

Question for those foreigners that live in Isarn and that registered on ExpatVac.

Suppose the appointment comes via Email and the location is set to Bangkok / Bang Sue.

Would you go?

No, I wouldn't go down to BKK.  Registered on ExpatVac yesterday, so if/when I get an appointment email, will report back here with details.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Almer said:

Is that appointment from the new expatvax consular registration.?

Yes, I registered on the ExpatVac site yesterday.  

Just to be clear on the second half of that comment you've replied to, it's since emerged that the mate I referred to with the appt in April 2022, had previously registered in one of the other vaccination platforms, not this new ExpatVac site. 

20 minutes ago, smedly said:

you need to read up

vaccinated with all vaccines is x2 shots excelt for J&J

stop posting this misleading nonsense

What exactly is misleading? I just read the article which said that "Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads".

If you think that CNBC is spreading any misleading information you should discuss it with them, not with me.

7 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Just to be clear on the second half of that comment you've replied to, it's since emerged that the mate I referred to with the appt in April 2022, had previously registered in one of the other vaccination platforms, not this new ExpatVac site. 

55jay, ok understood now about your mate, i also registered for expatvac and i will put a post on here when I hear, i live Khonkaen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

A recent update from Tanee Sangkrat twitter. Promising?

35.5 K registered at 6 pm last night.

'Up to provincial health offices' though.

1548021813_Screenshot2021-08-04at12_52_10.png.28f7e2dcd4bfd7cb8b8253c1d58e38ed.png1364442394_Screenshot2021-08-04at12_52_37.png.fe219e268aa24577ffcd8f7f209af6ba.png

Great share, thanks ????    That question nails exactly what I was musing about yesterday re: potential inter-Ministry drop synch.  At any rate, MoFA gets a bravo zulu from me on putting this functional registration platform together. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I now understand there are ways to get it done.....but in reality it should not be presented as an exercise in computer skills!

I didn't have those skills, it got my visa page only... 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Did your mate book for Moderna ??

I read somewhere, a Richard Barrow tweet I think, that some people who paid for Moderna upfront will be reimbursed or offered another appointment for April 2022 when Moderna vaccine MKll should be available.

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

I didn't have those skills, it got my visa page only...

Haven't seen any feedback yet about how Ministry of Foreign Affairs reaches back to individuals about unclear or missing documentation, like in your case.   Hopefully, and likely easiest for you is they send an email requesting your passport photo page, and you'll be able to attach it to the reply email and send it that way.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 11:36 AM, 55Jay said:

Maybe noted in another topic/thread about attaching scan or photo of passport and permission to stay extension.  2 attachments didn't show on the screen, so I combined both objects onto a Powerpoint slide then exported/"Save As" as a single JPEG file.  Appears to have worked, registration successful, wait for appointment date email.

Functional website and registration process.  Nice!

Immigration could learn a thing or two from these guys. ????

if you drag and drop all of the images in one swish/slide (as opposed to one at a time), they will all upload together successfully.

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I read somewhere, a Richard Barrow tweet I think, that some people who paid for Moderna upfront will be reimbursed or offered another appointment for April 2022 when Moderna vaccine MKll should be available.

Dunno what type, but recall he did mention something about 3,000 Baht for the jab, might have said private hospital too, but can't remember.  Just called to chat with a bit more on this, but no answer, which isn't unusual.

18 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Great share, thanks ????    That question nails exactly what I was musing about yesterday re: potential inter-Ministry drop synch.  At any rate, MoFA gets a bravo zulu from me on putting this functional registration platform together. 

Yes I hope it maintains traction once it gets going.

I have doubts however, that my local health authorities will just ignore any non Thai vaccine notices, as up till now I have had more than 4 times to my face, sorry Thai first. Nothing to force them to change that.

Edited by Saltire

2 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

if you drag and drop all of the images in one swish/slide (as opposed to one at a time), they will all upload together successfully.

Roger that, thanks.  Got mine done at the time another way, but yours and others' input is good to have sprinkled on several pages here as others come along with the same problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raybangkok said:

I pasted my 2 photos onto a word page took a screen shot and sent that and as you can see from previous post it was accepted although not great quality.

Everybody who posted just one page (usually the passport ID page) was accepted* as far as I can make out from responses to this thread  and my own experience. The question will be whether there are any implications of an incomplete response for the granting of an appointment, or whether they will simply point out you need to bring passport (including the one with original visa on it presumably) for checking. Hope ful thta this will be their workaround.

* 'Accepted', meaning receipt of e-mail stating application has been successful.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

Just now, SantiSuk said:

(including the one with original visa on it presumably)

Hopefully not... that is in an old passport I am not even sure I could locate. I expect a current Extension will suffice if needed at all.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

What exactly is misleading? I just read the article which said that "Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads".

If you think that CNBC is spreading any misleading information you should discuss it with them, not with me.

CDC

In internal document about COVID-19 vaccines and delta variant, CDC says "the war has changed" - CBS News

• Like 1

I have just succesfully registered.  No problems ... as I took the hint of some posters re the problems adding 2 photos.

So had prepared 1 collage pic of the 2 passports pages needed.

But I am a bit thick ... and also cant read all the thread.  Sorry .... but I cant see where the vax will be done. Do we know ?

I am in Pattaya. Will some be done here ?

With the train station vaxing in BKK it was crowded, superspreader chaos.  Safer to stay unvaxed

2 hours ago, friendofthai said:

It is well known that WHO usually does not approve COVID vaccines with effectiveness significantly below 50%. So it was hard for Chinese high quality vaccines to be approved. But what we see now? We see that effectiveness of Pfizer is 39% (which is significantly below 50%) :

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

This has led to a huge increase in the number of patients in the US.

• Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, according to a new report from the country’s Health Ministry.
  • The two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data.

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Have read the info from one of our local private hospitals posted on their website relating to the second round of Moderna availability and their guidance note indicates an expectation of April to September 2022. Laying down money now for an injection date potentially one year away seems like madness*. Surely other options will open up once the government achieves its objectives of vaccinations for calendar 2021 (ho ho!).

I attached the guidance note so others can see what shape Moderna round 2 might take.

*I guess I possibly might (deliberate tautology) consider a one-dose punt as an insurance policy - booster for other vaccines. Looks like there is some possibility (but I'd not count on it) of a refund or selling it on to family /friends

pracharak sisaket private hospital 2022 moderna vaccine registration information 3aug21.docx

Edited by SantiSuk

Just now, Saltire said:

Yes I hope it maintains traction once it gets going.

I have doubts however, that my local health authorities will just ignore any non Thai vaccine notices, as up till now I have had more than 4 times to my face, sorry Thai first. Nothing to stop them changing that.

Cynicism not without precedent.  LOL.  Seems there was just enough unwelcome sunlight cast on this US Vaccine snafu so the Boys in BKK retreated, like cockroaches when you flick on the light switch.   Fact MoFA was directed to honcho the registration process, is astounding, as is a largely functional website platform cranked out in relatively short order.  Awesome what Amazing Thailand can achieve, once certain people get out of their own way, and let it happen.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mfd101 said:
  • Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, according to a new report from the country’s Health Ministry.
  • The two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data.

I've noted a few references to vaccination generally being recast as something to reduce the impact of infection, not to prevent infection.