29,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac website

webfact

4 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

I registered this morning.    I had previously registered on the Wall of Chiang Mai; https://wallofcm.chiangmaihealth.go.th/.   The new website worked perfectly and I received a confirming email in short time for the same appointment that I already had booked.  So it appears in Chiang Mai at least that the databases are synchronized.

It stated that the first shot would be Sinovac with an AstraZeneca dose three weeks later.  So in the North it appears that Pfizer is not a part of this program.

A Brit friend who made an appointment on Wall of Chiangmai told me that when he tried filling in this new form, it came back that he already had an appointment, i.e. the one made via Wall of Chiangmai. So I guess that those already booked are out of luck for the new initiative.

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

Me too. I can't see where I read it but I recall the completed application would be subject to document checking. Which means they will have to work their way through all the attachments, possibly rejecting if both visa and passport are not supplied.

I registered on the Sunday and received a confirmation email stating I had been successful on the same day (see below), Now just waiting on the date...

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

4 minutes ago, placnx said:

A Brit friend who made an appointment on Wall of Chiangmai told me that when he tried filling in this new form, it came back that he already had an appointment, i.e. the one made via Wall of Chiangmai. So I guess that those already booked are out of luck for the new initiative.

A good thing they synchronize and avoid to make it a lottery by taking by some multiple "tickets ".....

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

As I posted yesterday on another thread, I'm registered at 4 or 5 maybe even 6 seperate schemes, this morning I got a call from a Sriracha hospital, the very nice English lady was asking for a name that was not me, after I confirmed my phone number (that was the number she was calling) she said she would check her records cos I had registered with them, long story short, I get my first dose of AstraZeneca next week, I will obviously wait until I've had the first dose & a date for the 2nd then I will cancel all other registrations. That seems to be the best thing to do and allow others a chance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I registered on the Sunday and received a confirmation email stating I had been successful on the same day (see below), Now just waiting on the date...

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

Got the same message so all one can do is wait? 

8 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Disappointed it's the Pfizer vaccine. Lot of anecdotes from  the states they have lots of reactions, especially to the second dose. I'm registered for the Moderna at my hospital, but they won't confirm until they have the vaccine in hand, probably about the end of September of October. I'm in no hurry, I'm in a situation where I have almost no exposure and I've figured for 65 years I might drop dead or get hit by a bus this afternoon anyway. If you're scared of dying you probably haven't enjoyed life that much.

Just an opinion I think because the Pfizer is more popular and available that will produce higher numbers for everything. I had number of family member back home gotten Pfizer or Moderna in January some no problem in fact my best friend wife both got the Moderna, husband no problems wife second shot got a fever like 24 hour flu morning she was fine.  Personally if Moderna was available I wouldn't have a problem but since we are talking pfizer available now?

13 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Disappointed it's the Pfizer vaccine. Lot of anecdotes from  the states they have lots of reactions, especially to the second dose. I'm registered for the Moderna at my hospital, but they won't confirm until they have the vaccine in hand, probably about the end of September of October. I'm in no hurry, I'm in a situation where I have almost no exposure and I've figured for 65 years I might drop dead or get hit by a bus this afternoon anyway. If you're scared of dying you probably haven't enjoyed life that much.

"Disappointed it's the Pfizer vaccine."

Really?? I would have paid good money to be offered that vaccine but I guess some people have higher standards. 

My family back home have all had Pfizer jabs and none of them have had anything other than mild side effects.

"If you're scared of dying you probably haven't enjoyed life that much."

Really?? I would have thought it was those with crappy lives that would be the least afraid.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 2

29,000 still a very small number for those pfizer vaccine that are suppose to go to us yes!

like i said the US embassy should of take some of those vaccine and vaccinate us, instead of letting the Thai government deal with it, dead beat ambassador

Edited by vinci
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Saltire said:

Unless they have stripped out the doubtess duplicate/triplicate emails that may be in the database (many, me included tried various emails when getting rejections) by passport number, this number may actually be inflated. I got 3 acceptances but only filled the form in one time to register.

Surprises me the number is quite lower then I'd have thought and may actually reduce.

Will surprise me even more if I get an offer of a jab somewhere 'local', Anywhere not Bangkok will do. I see I am in the top 5% of priority candidates (66 and 2 underlying conditions) so waiting ................

I read somewhere of a theory that as frontline health workers will be getting a Pfizer booster vaccination the vaccines will be distributed to various cities and should include vaccines for foreigners who have registered. Should take a week to 10 days to organise .

Might be horse khrap of course but sounds a reasonable plan .

• Like 2

Correction, I earlier posted friend got confirmed appointment at Medpark for Pfizer in a week, I assumed he use this ExpatVac but t he used  Thailandintervac site. I got on the site it actually explains things better and gave you choices I click Medpark since it was offering Pfizer actually ask you for your preference filled out the application even allows you to pick a date and time once everything is filled out I submit.  Now like Expatvac it is a waiting game for confirmation?????

48 minutes ago, cauldlad said:

I have tried numerous times since the 1st without success!! I get the same message : email address is invalid!!

I have registered with a private hospital and see what that brings??

If your computer completes the email address for you, make sure that there are no spaces before or after.  I've been caught out by that one before now.  

So I go to the registration site. I fill out everything carefully. I check my information carefully. Then, I click SUBMIT. Upon submission, I get a big error message at the top of the page. I reload the page to try again. When I do, it says I'm registered. So, there was an error. But there was no error. Life and death issue. What could be more TIT? 

• Haha 1

If they are going give sinovac vaccines we have a problem. With a new wave of the new Delta variant sweeping thru Wuhan province, they are testing all 11 million people.

"Government-affiliated scientists have said that Chinese vaccines are less effective against the new strains but still offer some protection.

Only Chinese vaccines are currently being given in China, where authorities say more than 1.6 billion doses have been administered."

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Toscano said:

I'm not worried about dying

Many, if not most,  governments won't even  allow you to choose to die.      If what I've been told by people I know  is true about their COVID-19 experiences,  I'd recommend you think differently about dying from COVID.

My wife, a Thai, will not get a vaccine having   anything to do with China, a country  whose government she distrusts.

Good luck to you no matter what your choice. 

• Like 1

29000 people details and passport easily available online on open database...

foreigners here are amazing :-)

trolling in good time will have more effectiveness, but trolling in time like this, nobody seem to care what you have to say, if you are in your home country good for you, if you're in Thailand how many time has your passport been to Cambodia

stop giving the clown attention, that's what he crave for

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So will it be 29,000 happy campers or will there be 29,000 lame excuses?

I've registered and I can't wait to find out!

...whatever you get; follow up with a booster of an MRNA Vaccine in six months time..by then your 'T' cells will have their memory in sync with your Immune System and you will be able to handle any Variant.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saltire said:

Unless they have stripped out the doubtess duplicate/triplicate emails that may be in the database (many, me included tried various emails when getting rejections) by passport number, this number may actually be inflated. I got 3 acceptances but only filled the form in one time to register.

Surprises me the number is quite lower then I'd have thought and may actually reduce.

Will surprise me even more if I get an offer of a jab somewhere 'local', Anywhere not Bangkok will do. I see I am in the top 5% of priority candidates (66 and 2 underlying conditions) so waiting ................

You could very well be correct, however having seen the database while it was open to the world, it's simple to see which records contain the completed form and which do not. If they wanted a close-to-accurate number, all they have to do is count records which contain all fields filled in, instead of only registration ID # and email address (A record was added with the email address immediately on its submission, with a registration ID # being auto generated, and the ID # was used in the URL sent to people to complete the form). Of course, this number would include anyone who completed the form multiple times with different email addresses, but at least it wouldn't include the email-only records.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Im going to see if its  Pfizer   or not, not Pfizer then I will avoid it and pay privately later when its  available. Registration is easy enough apart from the non alphabetical  list of countries when it comes to UK and Merica etc and inability to load files separately...........guess they got their  best web designer  onto building the site.

Entering ones date DoB could have been easier, instead of having to click back through the years, it almost numbed my finger.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, leba said:

29000 people details and passport easily available online on open database...

foreigners here are amazing ????

Well to be fair, when they closed access to the database admin page there were just over 25,000 entries in the database (I was on the database admin page about a minute before it was hidden again). Fortunately for most people, most of the entries were probably only email addresses because by that time the site was throwing an error when entering email addresses. Note I'm not defending the open database, I'm mostly being facetious ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1