Phuket officials ban alcohol in restaurants, ‘social activities’ ‒ again

webfact

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

I don't know what you are reading?

Where do you see anything from March 2020?

It says so right in the name "total cases per million". That is just the total amount of infections ever recorded divided by the population to get 'total cases per 1 million'. Same goes for 'deaths per 1 million: 439' The total COVID-19 deaths ever recorded divided by the population (2552/5.814458). 

The point other commenters are trying to make is that these numbers are not a reflection on the situation right now. It mere shows how well or badly countries have done over a period of roughly 14-17 months. It could be a total sh#t show in a specific country right now but if they did well initially the numbers would still look favourable compared to others. 

Active cases and daily infections would probably the best indicators to compare countries by right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACB21 said:

It says so right in the name "total cases per million". That is just the total amount of infections ever recorded divided by the population to get 'total cases per 1 million'. Same goes for 'deaths per 1 million: 439' The total COVID-19 deaths ever recorded divided by the population (2552/5.814458). 

The point other commenters are trying to make is that these numbers are not a reflection on the situation right now. It mere shows how well or badly countries have done over a period of roughly 14-17 months. It could be a total sh#t show in a specific country right now but if they did well initially the numbers would still look favourable compared to others. 

Active cases and daily infections would probably the best indicators to compare countries by right now.

Active cases is what is shown in the last line under each sited country for comparison...????

Thailand was the first country outside China to record a Covid-19 case in January 2020, so the total numbers makes great sense, since the Covid-virus might have been longest time in Thailand apart from China. Total numbers is how it's compared if you check the official sources, the numbers originates from WorldOmeter, where all daily updates are recorded...????

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Active cases is what is shown in the last line under each sited country for comparison...????

Thailand was the first country outside China to record a Covid-19 case in January 2020, so the total numbers makes great sense, since the Covid-virus might have been longest time in Thailand apart from China. Total numbers is how it's compared if you check the official sources, the numbers originates from WorldOmeter, where all daily updates are recorded...????

Total numbers since first infection make no sense at all when looking at the present situation.

10 hours ago, stevenl said:

Total numbers since first infection make no sense at all when looking at the present situation.

That's why the active cases are also shown for each quoted country for comparison - the total shows how well a country so far have been in handling the pandemic, which is quite relevant, especially when looking at "active cases" - by comparing numbers, the present situation in Thailand is not as bad as in some other well-known countries. The major difference might be that both asymptomatic cases, and mild cases, have been hospitalized in Thailand instead of home quarantine, making the news talking about that hospital capacity is running out. It seems to be mainly the Delta-variant everywhere now, so quite similar risk...????

On 8/4/2021 at 4:50 AM, DefaultName said:

So, they booked weeks ago with certain expectations, but the rules have changed, and they're not allowed to do those things now.

That'll play well when they get interviewed after they get home.

Anyone who books any holiday abroad at the moment is, IMO, asking for whatever happens to them.

Al least those who are using this as a way back in will get what they want.

Not really, there are countries like Mexico, the Dominican Republic or Croatia that are thriving in tourism at the moment. 

• Like 2

The new order repeats many of the same restrictions already in place ‒ announced through a succession of new official orders issued roughly every 72 hours over the past two weeks. 

Huh? 

Nonsensical stupidity. Lack of science. Fear mongering. Let us make your stay as uncomfortable as possible. And by the way, you cannot consume alcohol either, during your quarantine. Because everyone knows beer and wine causes Covid. And we would not want you having too much fun. Word gets around. Maybe 5,000 tourists next month? 

Who comes up with this stuff, and why does the nation tolerate the nonsense, the utter incompetence, the malfeasance? How much longer will they tolerate the extremely regressive army?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Not really, there are countries like Mexico, the Dominican Republic or Croatia that are thriving in tourism at the moment. 

Spain is full of tourists right now.

A friend of mine travels tomorrow to Algarve in Portugal: everything is fully booked but some hotels with extremely expensive prices.

Edited by Espanol

31 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I met a Sandboxer today he's finished his quarantine sad to say he's going home tomorrow, he's had enough especially after the alcohol ban

I hope so much that people like him go home. I see so many farangs not caring about regulations here. If they are one of them please go home. The government is complaining that people don't care about regulations. How about law enforcement? I see so many farangs every day not using a mask or not using it correctly. But I see no police caring about this. But I hear a lot of words... 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Spain is full of tourists right now.

A friend of mine travels tomorrow to Algarve in Portugal: everything is fully booked but some hotels with extremely expensive prices.

No doubt booked with some of the tourists that would have come here, had Thailand not failed with the covid vaccines so dismally, and had they not shown how fearful and timid they are, by barely allowing any tourism, then putting completely ridiculous restrictions on the devastated industry, just as cases are skyrocketing out of control here. What can one even say? 

• Like 2