Phuket officials ban alcohol in restaurants, ‘social activities’ ‒ again

webfact

1627961256_1-org.jpg

Image: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket officials have banned the sale and consumption of alcohol in all restaurants again, and reinstituted the ban on all “social activities” in an order issued late last night (Aug 2).

The bans came into effect by an order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew yesterday, and are to remain in effect until at least Aug 16.

The order was posted online by the “Phuket info Center”, operated by the Phuke office of the Ministry of Interior, at 10:13pm last night ‒ just 1 hour and 47 minutes before the order came into effect.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-ban-alcohol-in-restaurants-social-activities-‒-again-80907.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-04

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

but tourists are allowed to sit at the beach and swim and drink I expect ...?  or is that a banned ' social activity '  ?     if not, then it's not such a deal breaker. 

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

but tourists are allowed to sit at the beach and swim and drink I expect ...?  or is that a banned ' social activity '  ?     if not, then it's not such a deal breaker. 

My favorite member is back, how much did I miss your comments.

No drinking on the beach thanks to your favorite politician.

Edited by Deli
  • Haha 1

Restrictions like that - i.e. ban the sale and consumption of alcohol in all restaurants - will not improve the succes of having real Sandbox-tourists' arriving for a holiday on Phuket, looking forward to a cozy candlelight dinner by the sea while enjoying a glass of wine or two; or a  cold beer or two.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Restrictions like that - i.e. ban the sale and consumption of alcohol in all restaurants - will not improve the succes of having real Sandbox-tourists' arriving for a holiday on Phuket, looking forward to a cozy candlelight dinner by the sea while enjoying a glass of wine or two; or a  cold beer or two.

Sorry but I don't have pity on people that come here now to spend their holidays. If they have bad luck they can't even fly back. But we had this already... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Sorry but I don't have pity on people that come here now to spend their holidays. If they have bad luck they can't even fly back. But we had this already... 

But I have pity for the locals living on Phuket, depending on income from tourists at might not come...????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, khunPer said:

But I have pity for the locals living on Phuket, depending on income from tourists at might not come...????

Do you understand the situation correctly? It is sad that people don't have income anymore. But they should be happy to be still without health problems. There are numbers every day. Let's take todays number of more than 20000. Now multiply this with seven days of a week. Then we have 140000 people. The hospitals cannot handle this anymore. It is a much bigger problem than that some people might not have an income anymore. 

• Confused 2