Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 1,678 new cases and 10 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (438), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (320), and Si Racha (433). 15,051 patients are now in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422709275244171270

I suspect that most of these new cases are in factories rather than in the general population, even though some of the factory workers live in the community.

I had a friend start work at a factory this week, and she had to take a rapid antigen test.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

The CCSA has announced it will extend the service at three COVID-19 testing spots in Greater Bangkok to help the public to access more testing, free of charge. The testing will be processed with the antigen test kits.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422686275929321475

No bookings and time slots? Another unregulated scrum........

• Like 2

During the last few days, it has become obvious that some shelves in convenient stores are now empty due to a rising demand for food and commodities. The Department of Internal Trade meanwhile, has announced that all retail companies still have plenty of products in stock, adding that members of the public have no need to hoard supplies.

In other words, now that it's in print, tomorrow people will probably be freaking out hoarding supplies.   

Unless Thais are smarter than westerners.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

In other words, now that it's in print, tomorrow people will probably be freaking out hoarding supplies.   

That, i very much doubt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I suspect that most of these new cases are in factories rather than in the general population, even though some of the factory workers live in the community.

I had a friend start work at a factory this week, and she had to take a rapid antigen test.

Reading from daily breakdowns and timelines in Pattaya News vast majority are plus family.workmates.etc.Im amazed Patts.Jomtien rarely mentioned 

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Already done 555

Panic buying in Bangkok as Lockdown is extended

Residents in Bangkok and some dark-red provinces emptied supermarket shelves as soon as they heard of the extension.

Most supermarkets have run out of daily necessities like meat, vegetables and sauces. – The Nation

https://bangkokjack.com/2021/08/04/panic-buying-bangkok/

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

As in, the wave is ending and we can stop wearing face masks?

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

NEW HIGH - #COVID19 Update on Wednesday: 20,200 new cases (187 from prisons) and 188 deaths. 17,975 released from care. Full details at 12:30pm.  

1 Aug: 18,027 - 133 dead

2 Aug: 17,970 - 178 dead

3 Aug: 18,901 - 147 dead

4 Aug: 20,200 - 188 dead

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422715465814536195

A 25% increase in deaths over 4 days. Extrapolate that rate out over a couple of months and the situation becomes catastrophic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

That, i very much doubt.

That Thais are smarter than westerners, or that there will be a hoarding of supplies tomorrow.

Alas, let us leave the answer unanswered, yet we all know the answer in our minds.  

Thanks you.  Thanks you.  Blessings Buddha, whatever...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1