Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

What is it with people here posting about their 'predictions'?

They want a pat on the back or a lolly or something ?

A casual observer might note that increased infections coincides with increased lockdowns.

There is obviously something we are missing in our knowledge of this virus, otherwise there would be some sort of global consensus on how to prevent infections. Lockdowns appear to have failed everywhere, which is odd.

Well said re the predictions. There was even someone today "patting himself on the back", but then very modestly admitting that "getting it right" didn't take much intelligence! Spot on! It's even more ridiculous when you bear in mind that the numbers people expend so much effort (and a little "intelligence") to predict are, by definition, wrong, probably wrong by a huge margin. 

funny to see the stupid manipulation of infections number.

they went up steadily 300-500 cases daily, to create the impression that the

virus spread , but slowly.

i knew it will be like that.

than it will pick around 25,000 next month and will start to "go down".

what really happan in thailand, from the beginning of the pandemic,no one will

ever know.

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 50: 138,892 <— holiday

DAY 51: 327,389

DAY 52: 164,270 <— holiday

DAY 53: 420,148

DAY 54: 480,155

DAY 55: 194,342 <— Saturday

DAY 56: 180,552 <— Sunday

DAY 57: 332,299

DAY 58: 379,271

TOTAL: 14,477,575 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422805263648583681

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, georgey said:

Well said re the predictions. There was even someone today "patting himself on the back", but then very modestly admitting that "getting it right" didn't take much intelligence! Spot on! It's even more ridiculous when you bear in mind that the numbers people expend so much effort (and a little "intelligence") to predict are, by definition, wrong, probably wrong by a huge margin. 

Are you talking about people like Taweesin Wisanuyothin,

Thailand could see daily infections of more than 30,000 if the public did not comply, Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the country's COVID-19 task force, told a briefing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

We should all be in the little brick house, come on Thailand we're waiting..................

"This is the Best Visual Aid I’ve Seen for the Protection from #COVID19 Vaccination: Protect yourself with bricks, #GetVaccinated

@Vaccinologist@V2019N@DrEricDing#EpiTwitter (credit to drbacteriaoficial on IG)"

https://twitter.com/alvie_barr/status/1422573216904658944

What do the booster houses look like?? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Wednesday

Northeast numbers have exploded again.  Hope they are able to vaccinate people sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Out of 19,992 local cases (not in prisons) most in

Bangkok - 4,118

Chonburi - 1,678

Samut Sakhon - 1,294

Samut Prakan - 945

Nonthaburi - 908

Chachoengsao - 556

Saraburi - 522

Nakhon Ratchasima - 456

Ubon - 396

Udon Thani - 388

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1422804404994932740

Bangkok numbers on the increase and not what this Government wants to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I find the news that supermarket shelves are empty grossly exaggerated. Sure, some products are currently in short supply, but by and large, I've had no trouble buying whatever I wanted to buy in my neighborhood in Central Bangkok. No need to stoke panic with sensationalist reporting.

I just arrived back home from big C.

No issue with stock as you described.

What I have found is last week for example bottled water no 1500ml just small.

I have been buying Heineken Zero alcohol. Always in stock....today unavailable. 

So it's minor gaps here and there.

No big deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The irritating thing is that those lists are running totals dating back to early in the pandemic. Back when things were real bad in Europe/USA with plenty Covid and not a vaccine to be had. Those numbers are still integral... look at numbers for say the last 2 months.....

Cases in the last 7 days... Thailand is 11th.

I did that in a later post today. We are all well aware what is happening now and has happened in the very recent past. My point basically was after all the big noting from last yr and Mr. Empty Head saying look at other countries here we are. Last year including right now Thailand is looking very bad globally. Right now as in the last month Thailand is looking disaterous. 

• Like 1

Watching CNA now and they are discussing an extreme blowup in cases in China and new lockdowns being put in place.  To add to the issues, China is now inspecting all frozen food deliveries to the country as they believe this may be how Delta arrived in the country.  Surely the return of Covid with the Delta variant to the mainland was expected.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Good, because you dont.

Most people in Thailand get their produce from local fresh markets, not tins off shelves. What world you living in?

Hmmm yes sure..,hence the meteoric rise of Makro, Tesco Lotus, 7/11, Family Mart etc.

Have you been to Thailand? Not sure if you are aware that there is a 7/11 every 100 meters with more planned.

From what you are saying the fresh markets will put all of them out of business soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Oh, and chicken's come from eggs.

Your most likely aware of Balut. (duck or chicken)

Common snack in Vietnam.

Google with caution and not before tomorrows sunny side up breakfast.

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Tomatoes are a fruit. They come from a vine not a tree. Fish also come from rivers not just the sea. Camel's milk is very good for you and goats milk makes great cheese. Oh, and chicken's come from eggs.

But smart  whatever replies only comes from humans