Thonburi Healthcare President accused of allegedly sharing fake news of Pfizer vaccine procurement

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

of the Crime Victims’ Assistance Club

Sheesh. Maybe find a better hobby.

Salim.

I'd slap him with a Defamation Suit.

He told reporters: “I believed

Oh thank goodness legal proceedings here are predicated on something rock solid.

Google this clown's name, all will be revealed.

Atchariya Ruangrattanapong

This just shows that Thailand is a failed state. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

getting the hopes of people up

Not sure this qualifies as a crime? He certainly hasn't been charged with this.

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

driving your stock price up

Spurious claim. Buyers drive the price of a stock up. And all CEO's try to present their company's prospects in the best possible light.

He's been charged with "Fake News".

THG is in the health-care business, not the vaccination business.

All he has to show is that is made one single call to, or had one meeting, where discussions were held to try and secure Pfizer. Then this suit goes outt he window.

Colossal waste of time. 

He pushed on the regime too hard. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

With the new ability to charge fake news and then real news being treated as fake news by the police who have been given the means to investigate all of it by the PM in order for the Govt to save FACE, you wonder what his fine will be.

I'm sure it's all just a mis-understanding and will be sorted out, without fines or jail time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mark17AA said:

What about all those that registered with THG and paid their money for the 2 jabs... what's their come back, or have I just wasted some of my cyber ink?

I believe people paid up front for the Moderna vaccine... nothing to do with Pfizer

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

How about Prayuth and Anutin for their fake news ?

Oh no, sorry, they are part of the untouchable, incompetent Government !

Anutin had a case filed and accepted against him on the day this law was published 

• Like 2

Speaking one of the locals yesterday evening he was saying how good it was that 20 million Covid doses were on their way, because the country need them badly. When I told him that the vaccine wouldn't be coming he shook his head and didn't believe me. Wonder how many others believed it too? Saw the chap this morning and he admitted I was right but he said nothing else. He is retired army NCO so probably didn't want say anything that might affect him and his family.

6 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Speaking one of the locals yesterday evening he was saying how good it was that 20 million Covid doses were on their way,

Deal announced on 16 July, signed 20 July.

Thailand signs contract for 20 million Pfizer jabs

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003497

6 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

When I told him that the vaccine wouldn't be coming

No one is accusing you of spreading fake news, but...

"The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has been registered with Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration since June 24, and deliveries are expected to kick off in the fourth quarter of this year."

Maybe you ought to be following up with those "locals"?

The regime also announced an interest in procuring another 10 mm doses of Pfizer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/first-batch-us-donated-pfizer-vaccines-arrives-thailand-2021-07-30/

Edited by mtls2005

Well, here we go again .... now it is "sue each other to the end of the world" time again!

The "government-to-government" deal only works, if at both ends you have professionals. In other cases, the MOPH/FDA approves a medicine (or food) and then imports, against proper paperwork and spot checks are permitted also by the private industry. 

As tanks and submarines are less in demand by the general public ............ you can let this piece of juicy meat on the bone to the hungriest of 'em all ......... 

8 minutes ago, poskat said:

so now something you announced you were trying to do that doesnt work out is fake news?

Yeah, using this metric the regime is straight-up hosed.

Starting with "There will not be a coup.", through "We're granting ourselves infinite immunity for any crimes we committed in the past or will commit in the future".

Tourism Minister expects ___________ million tourists this year, spending _________________ billion baht.

Edited by mtls2005

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

but he has tried to move the ball forward, while the regime can't even find the ball

Indeed. Whatever the details, it appears he had vaccines on the way, while the govt could not. Tremendous loss of face.

But for whatever reason, the govt could easily get their hands on the Chinese vaccines and their questionable efficacy. Even my HS students know what's up. They tell me, why only the Chinese vaccines, and not the good ones? Because maybe there's something to be gained from one, and not the other?

Yet all the while, cases continue to go up, and people are dying.

Was it just to raise the stock price in the company?

Or is it more likely that the government didn't want to help procure quality vaccines as it would make them look more inept than they already are?

Edited by MrJ2U
Misspelling
  • Like 1