Expatvac sign up

bookstore

6 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Registered on 1st, received a confirmation email immediately, received another mail on 3rd with a link for an appointment on 6th at Bang Sue.  Taking someone to another hospital on 6th so not available, the appointment link gives you the opportunity to request an alternative date (but once only), did that, now waiting for alternative appointment.

How far are you from Bang Sue, I assume it's local to you?

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think you are the outlier.

AFAIK, no one, anywhere, has yet received the "appointment email".

DCA spokesman Tanee Sangrat said that appointments and administration of vaccines has been turned over to the MoPH.

And that he expects appointments to be issued soon for vaccinations on or after 10 or 11 August.

Outlier on this forum on this thread maybe, we've no idea how many have registered who've never even heard of, let alone use, Asean Now and who have also had appointments. The handover may well be the reason for the delay in sending the second appointment, either that or they're waiting until Pfizer is available, that would also allow them to divert any remaining AZ earmarked for expats to non-expat use.  All merely guesses at the end of the day though.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Outlier on this forum on this thread maybe, we've no idea how many have registered who've never even heard of, let alone use,

Sure we do...

Being an outlier can be a good thing.

But I have yet to see any appointments mentioned, other than yours, anywhere (not just here).

I'm sure you have an appointment for today. It's just that it may not be the result of expatvac? Maybe an intervac registration got pushed directly to MoPH?

expatvac1a.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Plus, they are now saying that appointments to be issued via SMS.

Thanks. I scanned that video and missed this.

Although it is confusing. Do you reply to the SMS? That would be a first. Yes, CVC-MOPH has delivered appointment details via SMS, for earlier registrations.

I haven't seen an SMS, nor an email. 

I find it impossible to follow all these websites through. I have registered on all I have seen including Thailand Intervac and Expatvac and  which I think in their case refers on to hospital s to confirm appointments.

So far I have appointments with MedPark BNH and one arranged by British Chamber of Commerce (due to Embassy inaction) at Bangrak plus one arranged direct with Bangkok Pattaya which is the one I will be using to avoid the risk of traveling. All v confusing. Still expecting other confirmations by SMS and email. My wife hasn't been able to get any confirmations despite registering on all Thai sites so I really can't complain

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

You keep saying “ got an email “ as if it is something new !! ( on 2 different threads )

95% of us “got an email “ from [email protected] with a link to registration then an email confirming that registration from [email protected] and most of us got this on Sunday 11th !! Stop confusing the issue with your one liners !!

Confirmation of a booking for date and location will come via a SMS message and, to my knowledge, have not been sent out yet, probably this weekend or Monday would be my guess.

From another thread, and the same info that was also given in a previous article:

Earlier, Mr Tanee said that he expects people to start receiving vaccine appointment dates from August 10 and 11.

Today is the 6th.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks. I scanned that video and missed this.

Although it is confusing. Do you reply to the SMS? That would be a first. Yes, CVC-MOPH has delivered appointment details via SMS, for earlier registrations.

I haven't seen an SMS, nor an email. 

From two other threads on this subject:

Earlier, Mr Tanee said that he expects people to start receiving vaccine appointment dates from August 10 and 11.

• Like 1

I got an appointment on the expats vaccination website for the 12th, but I cancelled it. I received the email reply within 2 days. I don't live in Bangkok and I'm not going to travel there either (9,700 new infections yesterday), or stand for hours in a crowded Bangsue railway station. I've seen the back-to-back and closely packed lines on TV. They don't seem to give you a choice of vaccine, and I expect they'll give Sinovac + AZ.  Sinovac is ineffective. 

Edited by renaissanc
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think you are the outlier.

AFAIK, no one, anywhere, has yet received the "appointment email".

DCA spokesman Tanee Sangrat said that appointments and administration of vaccines has been turned over to the MoPH.

And that he expects appointments to be issued soon for vaccinations on or after 10 or 11 August.

I think you may be telling  Porkies or are a little confused, the post asked about expat.consular site.

2 hours ago, Raybangkok said:

Someone asked me to relay my experiences. This is my original posting.

(I registered at 10-55 am on Sunday 1st got confirmation on the 2nd that my application was approved got my appointment time sent on the 3rd for Friday 6th at 2 pm. A great service.)

I had not received an SMS but went anyway as the previous email listed my appointment time. No traffic so was there by 1pm was seated straight away outside under cover after a few minutes we were moved to the next area sat for a couple of minutes then went inside. I went to get my passport checked then my blood pressure I said I was early but it was not a problem. Then walked to the nurse the vaccine was Astra Zenica injection done repeat appointment given for the 29th October then to a waiting area for 30 mins then left at 2pm. Really well organised but the building Bang Sue was a bit cold for me LOL good for Thais though. I am 67 but I do not think age was a problem

raybankok,  but but but is this for the new as of last Sunday expatvac. Consular site, because theyvwont start giving appointments until 10/11 Aug