Expatvac sign up

bookstore

34 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any idea of locations ?

The ones that reported on here already seemed to be Bang Sue.

I highly doubt the Aug 1 signup @ expatvac.consular.go.th would send out invitations to locations outside of the region you are in...  since this version of the program was designed apply the vaccine in the provinces where you reside.   My guess, is the ones at Bang Sue are for those that signed up to an earlier version. 

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I highly doubt the Aug 1 signup @ expatvac.consular.go.th would send out invitations to locations outside of the region you are in...  since this version of the program was designed apply the vaccine in the provinces where you reside.   My guess, is the ones at Bang Sue are for those that signed up to an earlier version. 

Yes, I think the ones who got immediate replies were Bang Sue/Astra Zeneca and probably had registered on another website previously.

I am an hour north of Bangkok and signed up to the expatvac registration in the hope of getting something without facing the crowds at Bang Sue.

During the initial confusion over the expatvac website ( last Sunday at 11.00am ) someone mentioned MedPark has Pfizer for over 60’s, so I registered and got an instant reply/appointment for Aug 11th. While this seems like my best option, and I may well have scuppered my chance of a expatvac appointment by doing this, I would still be interested in which locations expatvac vaccines will be available.

While my location is an hour north of MedPark and Bangsue I imagine these will be my only options and curious to know what options will be available for those in Nakhon Sawan, Lampang, Kanchanaburi and of course Isaan etc, etc

• Like 1

It's all gone a bit quiet on the expatvac appointments news - I fully expect a flurry of local appointment posts tomorrow or Tuesday. Call me an optimist.

So many vax threads now I am confused as where to turn for this info.

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

It's all gone a bit quiet on the expatvac appointments news - I fully expect a flurry of local appointment posts tomorrow or Tuesday. Call me an optimist.

So many vax threads now I am confused as where to turn for this info.

lets keep this one for expatvac

I did also registered on that website but nothing happened as OP said, then when they opened the registration in a more better way on https://thailandintervac.com/  where you can see/find which facilities accepting registration and if you keep coming back to the site you would see which of the medical centers or hospitals accepting registration.

I did register with Medpark Hospital and fill up the form attached what needed (I chose 13th Aug at 2.30 pm as my preferred date) and then received an email telling me that my registration is a success and i have to wait for a confirmation email for vaccination appointment, but after 2 days nothing happened so I called Medpark hospital directly and told about my registration, they asked me some questions about my registration info. then they confirmed to me (yes) they have my details and I was already booked for the 16th at 2.30 pm of this month to go and get my Pfizer first shot.

I did ask them why there is no confirmation email of the appointment, the answer was they don't know but he said good that I called. and to be sure after another 3 days I called again to be sure that all good and it looks like it is still good to go.

So guys, try to register in one of the facilities close to you https://thailandintervac.com/  and follow up your registration and don't feel frustrated if you have to wait till someone picks up your call (that's what happened with me but all good ).

lets hope that the 16th will be still standing and not canceled..!

Stay Safe

2 hours ago, Random ACT said:

I did also registered on that website but nothing happened as OP said, then when they opened the registration in a more better way on https://thailandintervac.com/  where you can see/find which facilities accepting registration and if you keep coming back to the site you would see which of the medical centers or hospitals accepting registration.

I did register with Medpark Hospital and fill up the form attached what needed (I chose 13th Aug at 2.30 pm as my preferred date) and then received an email telling me that my registration is a success and i have to wait for a confirmation email for vaccination appointment, but after 2 days nothing happened so I called Medpark hospital directly and told about my registration, they asked me some questions about my registration info. then they confirmed to me (yes) they have my details and I was already booked for the 16th at 2.30 pm of this month to go and get my Pfizer first shot.

I did ask them why there is no confirmation email of the appointment, the answer was they don't know but he said good that I called. and to be sure after another 3 days I called again to be sure that all good and it looks like it is still good to go.

So guys, try to register in one of the facilities close to you https://thailandintervac.com/  and follow up your registration and don't feel frustrated if you have to wait till someone picks up your call (that's what happened with me but all good ).

lets hope that the 16th will be still standing and not canceled..!

Stay Safe

registered for 15th,  4pm , lets see if I get some email back the next 24 hours otherwise I will give them a call as well. 

Shout out to Expatvac and the Government. Very much doubt I would have been treated as well anywhere in the World as visitor. Not only was it prompt I am assured what I consider the best vaccine, Pfizer (2 doses). I applied on June 30th and got this email today. If they can immunize the 60+ and high risk that account for 90% of deaths I believe Thailand will have turned the corner with comparably few deaths based on Worldwide stats.

Medpark Hospital BKK

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, you can come to have the vaccine injection on 13th August 2021 during 13.30 – 14.00 hrs.

You are unable to make any changes of your appointment. If you do not show-up on your appointment, it will be automatically cancelled.

Please present the email along with your original passport upon arrival.

However, if you don’t have the original passport available, please bring the copy one and the documents you’ve mentioned along.

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant.

As per your age, you will be one of the above criteria to get Pfizer, please inform the staff when you come and get the vaccine.

If you drive your own car, you can park your car at The ParQ (next to the hospital) for 3 hours with free of charge. You can then walk to the hospital by using the connection and you will see the Gate No. 4. Please contact Gate No. 4 for vaccination.

Here is the map of our hospital for your reference: https://goo.gl/maps/ut1EeDraKdSNVD4W6

Note: If you need the proof of vaccine, please inform the staff upon arrival and please ask for the appointment date/time of the 2nd dose before leaving the hospital.

Best regards,

Patient Access Officer

Phone: +66 2023 3333

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Very much doubt I would have been treated as well anywhere in the World as visitor.

In the UK you could walk in unannounced to a vaccine centre and been vaccinated on the spot, even as a visitor, an illegal immigrant, a wanted criminal or as a regular resident member of the community.  You have been able to do this for some months now.

Thailands belated response, while welcome, does not deserve to be lauded to any great extent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, treetops said:

In the UK you could walk in unannounced to a vaccine centre and been vaccinated on the spot, even as a visitor, an illegal immigrant, a wanted criminal or as a regular resident member of the community.  You have been able to do this for some months now.

Thailands belated response, while welcome, does not deserve to be lauded to any great extent.

100% agree. For Germany this is the same, no idea why Thailand makes such a difference between local and foreigner, but yeah living here long enough to know it better ???? 

The only thing that is different this time, you can't buy your privilege (aka vaccine) with money (yet).

Edited by burner2014

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

I'm getting Pfizer not AZ, US no longer allows AZ. I think I might have opted for urine therapy instead. I do understand Brits do most everything better, they tell me all the time. With the exception of street boxing here in Pattaya. When will they learn not to kick box with groups of Muay Thai trained lady boys?

7 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

I'm getting Pfizer not AZ, US no longer allows AZ. I think I might have opted for urine therapy instead. I do understand Brits do most everything better, they tell me all the time. With the exception of street boxing here in Pattaya. When will they learn not to kick box with groups of Muay Thai trained lady boys?

The choice of vaccine (and your opinion of their value) has no effect on to whom or when it has been offered.

I've no idea what your rambling about regarding kick boxing with ladyboys in Pattaya.

6 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Shout out to Expatvac and the Government. Very much doubt I would have been treated as well anywhere in the World as visitor. Not only was it prompt I am assured what I consider the best vaccine, Pfizer (2 doses). I applied on June 30th and got this email today. If they can immunize the 60+ and high risk that account for 90% of deaths I believe Thailand will have turned the corner with comparably few deaths based on Worldwide stats.

Medpark Hospital BKK

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, you can come to have the vaccine injection on 13th August 2021 during 13.30 – 14.00 hrs.

You are unable to make any changes of your appointment. If you do not show-up on your appointment, it will be automatically cancelled.

Please present the email along with your original passport upon arrival.

However, if you don’t have the original passport available, please bring the copy one and the documents you’ve mentioned along.

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant.

As per your age, you will be one of the above criteria to get Pfizer, please inform the staff when you come and get the vaccine.

If you drive your own car, you can park your car at The ParQ (next to the hospital) for 3 hours with free of charge. You can then walk to the hospital by using the connection and you will see the Gate No. 4. Please contact Gate No. 4 for vaccination.

Here is the map of our hospital for your reference: https://goo.gl/maps/ut1EeDraKdSNVD4W6

Note: If you need the proof of vaccine, please inform the staff upon arrival and please ask for the appointment date/time of the 2nd dose before leaving the hospital.

Best regards,

Patient Access Officer

Phone: +66 2023 3333

So this booking wasnt expatvac? their site wasn't active in June 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yankee99 said:

So this booking wasnt expatvac? their site wasn't active in June 

Sorry, I meant July 30th. I received confirmation 9 days later, yesterday. It was the 5th day after the roll out. I wrote them today to confirm a copy of my passport would suffice and they replied in minutes that a copy is ok. Also went into detail about parking arrangements. Very impressed so far. 

22 minutes ago, bookstore said:

Just got a update for the expatvac  my appointment was approved for the 19th with the Pfizer vaccine 70yo with COPD hope this info helps someone

Can i ask was expatvac.consular.go.th the only place you registered? How did they confirm your booking? 

thanks 

I registered on Monday the 9th of Aug I did not here from them so I called the hospital this morning and they confirmed the appointment +66 2023 3333 Medpark hospital  I received a dose of AZ about 7-8 weeks ago. I am american 70yo with COPD  so I am assuming that is why the appointment was approved

• Like 1