41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, grandpa said:

That is indeed good news if it is to be believed.  As a 73 year old with 3 of the 7 underlying conditions I should be near th top of the list ????

I was thinking of trying the 'Me First' thingy like the Thai drivers, but that tends to lead to fatalities. So, I've decided on an orderly queue system, provided I'm up front.????

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Of those who have registered, 32,563 are aged under 60, while 9,053 are over 60.

Well i'm in that bracket of over 60 with no underlying conditions.

Also outside from Bangkok so I don't know when or where or with what I'll be vaccinated.

It's all a mystery.

A side note:

Next door to my home in nakhon pathom is a Royal family sponsored vocational park called Chaipattana, the last two days it's hosted an over 60's walk-in vaccination drive for local residents.

I thought I'd give it a try, armed with my passport I joined the queue, got to the front eventually where a man and microphone was giving out instructions.

He looked at me, [only foreigner present among hundreds of locals] he said ID, I handed him my passport which he took and ruffled through faster than a pack of cards, handed it back to me and then asked my age.. 62 I replied, where do you live he asked, I gave him my reply and also pointer and said 2 minutes walk over there.

Your id he asked again.. I offered my passport to which he said no thanks...

Vaccinations here are for Thais only, you will have to go home, and ushered me away !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, bdenner said:

The way things are going the Pfizer will be passed it's use by date by the time this lot get their act together. And that's providing it is being stored correctly. Can I assume the 2nd dose will be supplied from future shipments?

It's probably sitting in storage right now well above its -70 degree temperature requirement!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, it's hard to tell how representative (if at all) these figures are of the wider falang community profile: 3/4 under age 60, and quite small numbers with 'underlying health conditions'.

The site wants proof of disease/disorder uploaded.  I for one draw the line at doing that.  My diseases aren't their business 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

since registering from sunday, nobody  was vaccinated so far.

And no any appointments given.

No kind of vaccination was specified, nor criteria for selection to get one.

So it well might be just for propaganda purpose, daily announcement from the ministry of foreign affairs (acting now as ministry of health)

8/13/2021 @ 1:30 PM @ Medpark / Pfizer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some facts about the Phiser vaccine:

Must be stored at very cold conditions, requiring a special refrigeration, I recall-80C.

It has a very short shelf life and can easily spoil if not kept cold.

For maximum effectiveness, the 2nd dose must be given 3 weeks after the first dose.

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

8/13/2021 @ 1:30 PM @ Medpark / Pfizer

I do understand you did register with medpark, which is a complete separate registration and conduct from expatvac.

I did register with both. Medpark refused me any vax, that after a successful registration. I do live in dark red 

Edited by internationalism

38 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

So if 1 million donated by America, and 15% for farangs. 150,000

No brainer.

Farang get 2x shots of Pfizer and 66,000 spare.

1.5 million doses were shipped, arriving July 30th.  A further 1 million will be shipped at a later date.

No conditions were set by the US government as to how they were to be distributed, it is the Thai government who have allocated 10% of them (150,000 doses) to foreigners.

"Our vaccines do not come with strings attached. We are doing this with the singular objective of saving lives and with the full knowledge that none of us are safe until all of us are safe. As such, we are happy to hear the Royal Thai Government has committed to distributing these vaccines equitably to all residents of Thailand and to prioritizing those most at risk".

1.5 Million Pfizer Vaccine Doses, Donated by the United States, Arrive in Thailand | U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Thailand (usembassy.gov)

image.png.25f3b1c1ef28f65c0d66da29cd8bb3cf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

I do understand you did register with medpark, which is a complete separate registration and conduct from expatvac.

I did register with both. Medpark refused me any vax, that after a successful registration. I do live in dark red 

How do you know? Did they give you a time and date? Follow up email with refusal?

8 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

How do you know? Did they give you a time and date? Follow up email with refusal?

Medpark - yes, they did.

that's why I have written that reply.

email 10 minutes after a successful registration:

"You do not meet the criteria to receive free government allocated vaccination at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow our official communication channels for any upcoming updates."

2 hours ago, Raybangkok said:

Someone asked me to relay my experiences. This is my original posting.

(I registered at 10-55 am on Sunday 1st got confirmation on the 2nd that my application was approved got my appointment time sent on the 3rd for Friday 6th at 2 pm. A great service.)

I had not received an SMS but went anyway as the previous email listed my appointment time. No traffic so was there by 1pm was seated straight away outside under cover after a few minutes we were moved to the next area sat for a couple of minutes then went inside. I went to get my passport checked then my blood pressure I said I was early but it was not a problem. Then walked to the nurse the vaccine was Astra Zenica injection done repeat appointment given for the 29th October then to a waiting area for 30 mins then left at 2pm. Really well organised but the building was a bit cold for me LOL good for Thais though.

you did miss to add, where was it

7 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Medpark - yes, they did.

that's why I have written that reply.

email 10 minutes after a successful registration:

"You do not meet the criteria to receive free government allocated vaccination at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow our official communication channels for any upcoming updates."

Wow, same site I registered and received no email, no rejection , nothing????? Try this new site, more hospital options, good luck

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

20 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Wow, same site I registered and received no email, no rejection , nothing????? Try this new site, more hospital options, good luck

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

no, thank you, this website is not secured. All data was leaking, including those of diplomats, the UN and other international agencies employees, who had also to register there. To the point they have to shut down this website completely. 

Even expatvac had 40 minutes security breach, when all data was exposed.

I did register 2x chula, vimut hospital, expatvac and medpark.

For the purpose of enrolling for covid vax I did register with tropical disease department of chula and vax clinic at red cross.

Don't you think it's not enough?

why are you so pushy?

are you working as a volunteer for a thai government vax program? I think you are not the first and the the one. I have spotted you many here and elsewhere 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So expats are being given priority over Thais in areas like Khon Kaen, who'd have thunk. 

I am sure Thais over 60 ,or with conditions /pregnant  shall also be included , on condition they registered on a place 

Edited by david555

Just now, smedly said:

The UK also donated 150k AZ which arrived a few days ago

I would wish - but none was allocated as dedicated use for foreigners (thanks British Government)

But there is some hope with the USA donation as they ear marked 150,000 doses for foreigners

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I am told by the email that I will have an appointment in my area, that the first dose will be Sinovac and the second will be Az or Pfizer.

nobody else received an email like this from this program - are you sure you registered with expatvac, where do you reside ?

2 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

same here ! it's so boring ! Third time that I have to deny AZ and Pfizer !

hungry hippo has a great menu to chose from - good luck 

They also do pfizer specials every day with a AZ starter

• Haha 1