41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, Chosenfew said:

Some facts about the Phiser vaccine:

Must be stored at very cold conditions, requiring a special refrigeration, I recall-80C.

It has a very short shelf life and can easily spoil if not kept cold.

For maximum effectiveness, the 2nd dose must be given 3 weeks after the first dose.

There is updated news concerning storage temps......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bronzedude said:

Beware of an sms sent to verified. It will probably be in the Thai language, so need someone to translate, better have that person available within the 24 hour deadline.

Why do you assume that? The registration process was in English ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

40,000 plus, this seems like a logistical nightmare to organise particularly as there will be multiple venues around the country, staff to be allocated, appointments to be made, vaccine to be distributed etc and Thailand does not have a very good record regarding this type of thing.

Hopefully I am wrong and it will run smoothly but my many years resident here tell me otherwise.

So what's your alternative?

Anyone know anything about this 100kg topic? I mean:

1/ The Dr is going to look at the scale and issue a certificate?  2/ Sounds like we wont get jabbed until middle of next year if that, I could be +/-

20 kg by then... this cant be right... but its not April 1st is it?

Thanks all

Stay safe....

Registration for the FIRST dose
of the COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents

Medical Certificate
Are you diagnosed with one of the seven underlying medical conditions?
No

Yes (Please attach medical certificate)
Chronic respiratory diseases
Cardiovascular diseases
Chronic kidney diseases
Cerebrovascular diseases
Diabetes
All types of cancer during chemotherapy, radiotherapy and autoimmune therapy
Obesity (weighing more than 100 kilograms or BMI more than 35 kilograms per square meter)

Please attach photo of Medical Certificate

Maximum file size 10 MB.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:19 AM, david555 said:

Right .... but that is why it can not be called a visa ...... but we keep calling it wrongly so , and i did not say the transfer is an extension , i said it points/ refer to the visa who get extended ....

To make it further clear.

The visa in case extension does not exist anymore when expired , but you got your stay or reason from visa extended up to date stamped (not on the stamp transfer page )

If you wish to believe that the historical records are deleted that is entirely up to you, doesn't make it a fact.

Neither you or anyone else on this forum can tell people how to speak, I had thought all the lecturing had come to an end, obviously not.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If and when I do get this vaccination, i.e. I registered, I will do my utmost best to shame the Australian government for their part, or should I say, lack thereof, by donating $2.8 million to the Thai government towards their vaccination program, obviously with no auditing, so I am sure the Australian taxpayer will be upset to learn about that, i.e. the Australian government throwing their tax dollars into someone's pockets with no assistance from that so called donation towards Thailand's vaccination program not going towards any Aussies that I know of.

So it was the yanks to the rescue, AUS 0 USA 1

I feel similarly about the UK donation of 4xx,xxx AZ vials. No mention of a portion of those being channelled to Brits residing here. Although a few days after the donation announcement was posted on twitter, the UK was then able to formally announce that they had just successfully bought won enough votes for a seat at the ASEAN ministers table. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-becomes-dialogue-partner-of-the-association-of-southeast-asian-nations. USA 2 Other 0

Edited by OishiRefill
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If you wish to believe that the historical records are deleted that is entirely up to you, doesn't make it a fact.

Neither you or anyone else on this forum can tell people how to speak, I had thought all the lecturing had come to an end, obviously not.

"Neither you or anyone else on this forum can tell people how to speak, I had thought all the lecturing had come to an end, obviously not."

Count as wel for you  i guess , i see no difference in it  , as you made your point , and i made mine.... nothing more 

9 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Out of the almost 700,000 medical workers who received 2 doses of Sinovac. April to mid-July 2021  after delta had arrived Thailand mid-May

So, with 600 getting infected that is a efficacy rate of over 99%?

Of course that is not right, but it highlights the misleading use of figures and statistics, especially in sensationalized news reports. Medical staff are at far greater risk than most of us and they deserve every thing being done to keep them in their health and comfort zone.

For the rest of us it helps to keep figures and statistics in context.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

8/13/2021 @ 1:30 PM @ Medpark / Pfizer

Possibly yours is a registration that was carried out on Thailandintervac.com, where you could (and still can) select the hospital you wanted (/want) from a list that includes MedPark.

The OP may have been talking about registrations on expatvac.com which was opened for a limited time for a day or so around last Sunday. [The article itself above mentions that confirmatory communications will not go to registrants until 10 / 11 - August  so he must have missed that if indeed he is an expat.vac registrant.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thai Bairn said:

Is hypertension even on the list of underlying conditions?

Not on the list used by 3 of the hospitals in the thailandintervac.com registration process that I just checked. If your hypertension is due to coronary artery disease or cerebrovascular disease then those two conditions are listed and you would need a certificate to the effect of one of those two diseases, not hypertension.

I haven't checked the expatvac.com registration process to see if their health condition list was exactly the same

On 8/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

And neither are you worried about spreading the disease which really tells me all I want to know about you.

After you are vaccinated you can still register positive to COVID-19 and spread it to other people . The only reason I have considered vaccination with the available Sinovac was for the reason you have given , not to spread it to others or fill a hospital bed .

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:
11 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Out of the almost 700,000 medical workers who received 2 doses of Sinovac. April to mid-July 2021  after delta had arrived Thailand mid-May

So, with 600 getting infected that is a efficacy rate of over 99%?

Of course that is not right, but it highlights the misleading use of figures and statistics, especially in sensationalized news reports. Medical staff are at far greater risk than most of us and they deserve every thing being done to keep them in their health and comfort zone.

For the rest of us it helps to keep figures and statistics in context.

What is mis-leading?

"More than 600 Thai medical workers who were fully inoculated with the Sinovac vaccine were infected by the coronavirus, which is now raging through Southeast Asia."

"The 618 cases were among the 677,348 medical staff who had received two doses of the Chinese-developed coronavirus vaccine between April to July, government data show. Among those infected are a nurse who died and a health-care worker in critical condition."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/12/coronavirus-latest-updates/

Note that Delta arrived Thailand mid-May.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes 

We have kind of got past this point already, most got this email on Sunday.

Note:

Although it says above “once available  appointment slot is sent to your email “ it has been recently stated as “ sent by SMS “ so best to keep an eye out on both .

Yes we did got that email, and waited for 3 days without any confirmation email from them but when I called Medpark Hospital dire try to see if they got ny registration, they told me that I am already booked for 16th Aug at 2.30 pm Phizer shot and I asked them why we did not get an email but they said no need to wait for a confirmation (which make me wonder that any successful registration is registered in the hospital system) its really weird and but it's true and I did reconfirmed after another 3 days from my first call that the appointment is confirmed. And I am going to see on 16th ..I am Under 60 but but overweight.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Random ACT said:

Yes we did got that email, and waited for 3 days without any confirmation email from them but when I called Medpark Hospital dire try to see if they got ny registration, they told me that I am already booked for 16th Aug at 2.30 pm Phizer shot and I asked them why we did not get an email but they said no need to wait for a confirmation (which make me wonder that any successful registration is registered in the hospital system) its really weird and but it's true and I did reconfirmed after another 3 days from my first call that the appointment is confirmed. And I am going to see on 16th ..I am Under 60 but but overweight.

Hmmm very strange.

But it worked out well for you, I got an appointment for the evening of the 11th but now I can go anytime from 10th to the 12th.

I do believe some people who had an appointment after the 13th can now go anytime between the 13th and 20th.

It is never straight forward but hopefully we get the vaccine we wanted .

NOTE: talking about MedPark.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

No one think its a tad suspect farang is being given a different vax to the locals? shouldn't everyone be given the same vax ?  

there are already 5 vax in thailand

sinovac (that was also donated by chinese for their citizens)

j&j (donated to consulate, all to french over 45)

az (some 415k donated by the UK, might go to some foreigners)

sinopharm

pfizer (donated by the usa, out of 1.5mln same much less than 150k will go for foreigners)

in some 2 month moderna 5mln for private hospitals, already 1mln stolen by the red cross. Many foreigners have bought it, because at that time there was no chance for a free any other one

• Thanks 2

On 8/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, vinci said:

it is unbelievable these people still hesitant to take any kind of vaccine that is available, VACCINE IS NOT A CURE, it give your immune system something to fight against the virus, you can still get covid after vaccinating of any kind, let it be 60-70-80 or 90% effectiveness, you don't end up in a hospital on a ventilator, as long as the virus is still around you will need to re-take the vaccine all over again in the future. 

In a way you're right. Vaccines often aren't a cure since they prevent the infection from taking hold in the first place. You can't be cured of what you never had.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes 

We have kind of got past this point already, most got this email on Sunday.

Note:

Although it says above “once available  appointment slot is sent to your email “ it has been recently stated as “ sent by SMS “ so best to keep an eye out on both .

Thanks.

Didn't think of the sms.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:26 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

Thailand does not need recklessly self centered individuals risking theirs and the lives of others just because of a slight inconvenience. Deport yourself please, do us all a favor. You don't deserve to live here. 

Sorry Mr Swift, Could you be a little more clear on your position re the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination ????

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Pfizer should be and probably the AZ donated by the U.K. also ?

On 8/6/2021 at 3:55 PM, jvs said:

My understanding is that we are to receive Pfizer,that is why i registered.

UK.gov website states only vaccinations obtained under a "UK recognised vaccination program":  UK, EU & USA.

9 minutes ago, Marvo said:

UK.gov website states only vaccinations obtained under a "UK recognised vaccination program":  UK, EU & USA.

So, are you saying the Pfizer from the US or the AZ from the U.K. is eligible for travel purposes i.e. no quarantine needed if travel to the U.K. ??

Or “ U.K. recognition vaccination program “ means ANY vaccine administered in Thailand is not eligible ??

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

34 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So, are you saying the Pfizer from the US or the AZ from the U.K. is eligible for travel purposes i.e. no quarantine needed if travel to the U.K. ??

Or “ U.K. recognition vaccination program “ means ANY vaccine administered in Thailand is not eligible ??

That's the big question Andrew. I've read the website 5 times and they definitely could be clearer.  What I read is that either the Pfizer, Astra, Moderna or J&J vaccine has to be administered in the USA, EU or UK to qualify for entry into the UK NHS vaccination registry (read future Covid passport).

Edited by Marvo