41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

8 minutes ago, Marvo said:

That's the big question Andrew. I've read the website 5 times and they definitely could be clearer.  What I read is that either the Pfizer, Astra, Moderna or J&J vaccine has to be administered in the USA, EU or UK to qualify for entry into the UK NHS vaccination registry (read future Covid passport).

Yup, these websites always use a hundred words when 10 will do and cloud the waters !

The answer to this is probably worthy of a thread on its own, plus it is probably subject to change.

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, these websites always use a hundred words when 10 will do and cloud the waters !

The answer to this is probably worthy of a thread on its own, plus it is probably subject to change.

Here you go, you need to read this: .....(not included)..... But I suppose I can't post helpful links here. Let's try:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/aug/04/status-of-some-uk-citizens-vaccinated-overseas-still-not-recognised-by-nhs

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, malibukid said:

Pfizer is recognized worldwide. 

Maybe soon.

"While arrivals from overseas are locked out of using the NHS app for domestic certification to prove they have been vaccinated, the government did change the rules from this week to let in those who have been double-jabbed in Europe and the US – so long as it was with a vaccine approved for use by three regulators: the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, the US Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency."

Edited by Marvo

39 minutes ago, Marvo said:

Here you go, you need to read this: .....(not included)..... But I suppose I can't post helpful links here. Let's try:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/aug/04/status-of-some-uk-citizens-vaccinated-overseas-still-not-recognised-by-nhs

The upshot is if you're planning to travel from Thailand to the UK any time within the next few months, don't get your vaccine here in Thailand but wait and get it done in the UK. Hopefully some kind of international certification system will be here next year but don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

I signed up late this evening, Monday, 9 August.  I didn't have a medical certificate so I used my U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs benefits authorization.  I'd be curious which vaccines are offered and accepted by the expats here.  I live just south of Hua Hin.

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

The upshot is if you're planning to travel from Thailand to the UK any time within the next few months, don't get your vaccine here in Thailand but wait and get it done in the UK. Hopefully some kind of international certification system will be here next year but don't hold your breath.

Would sus that you would not have a problem with one.or.2 of the Big 4.on entry to UK...Pfizer, Astra, Moderna and J&J with a UK pp...but must agree with above.ie..home jabs..dee makk ..however.. things change quickly

On 8/6/2021 at 10:36 AM, Scrotobike said:

So 75,000 (double vax) donated by the USA

42,000 registered

Then I would expect (LOL who am I kidding) all foreigners to be vaccinated with this gift

Its like a game of find the lady (cards) or the pea in the cup, watch the slight of hand. Imaging the screams from the HiSo if all the dirty foreigners are vaxed first with a Delta proven vaccine.

Astrazeneca is a DELTA proven vaccine!  Be grateful for what you get.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, placeholder said:

So much for the statisitics and the laws of probability. According to your way of thinking, Public Health isn't a thing. And the R(0) factor is a myth.

Are you talking about 'R not' or R0?  It is not a factor nor a myth, it represents the basic reproduction number -- which is the number of secondary infections generated from an initial case at the beginning of an epidemic.  Rt is basically the same value at another point of time in the epidemic.  It is a function and like any function there are multiple variables that the function is made of -- as such it can be affected by efforts to combat the spread such as masks, keeping ones distance, etc.  If you can adjust the variables so that R0 or Rt falls below one, then the total number of cases drop and the pandemic eventually ends if it is consistently is held below one everywhere.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2021 at 8:21 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

ANYONE actually got an appointment for a jab yet allegedly  with pfizer, I  know  I  havent an registered ages  ago.ok saw  above post and  10-11  onwards

think it will take a while, if they know how to sort the data by region age and other factors is could be done a lot quicker, not hard to do 

Got another one..that makes it 6 or 7 but ....no appoint....

You are confirmed for the COVID-19 Vaccine Your new 13 digit ID number (Identification No.)????‍♀️????‍♀️

6000000XXXXXX

On 8/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, edwardandtubs said:

Would they let me into the UK without a vaccine? I am British. 

• Like 1

No we are both still here...and have been contacted by the NHS to come in whenever and get our vac..same GP...Holding back due to new 1 year extension..due in next week...then go for a multi re ent...Recently bought a new flat in both Scotland and London so no problem with self isolation(Tescos on ground floor) and since Thailand is still amber as well as UAE got choices We usually fly Emirates or Etihad. Coming back...yes ...bit of a begger but must remain optimistic.Just heard from one of wifes friends of a certain Hospital with Moderna....things change quickly...so...lets see...chai..

21 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

No we are both still here...and have been contacted by the NHS to come in whenever and get our vac..same GP...Holding back due to new 1 year extension..due in next week...then go for a multi re ent...Recently bought a new flat in both Scotland and London so no problem with self isolation(Tescos on ground floor) and since Thailand is still amber as well as UAE got choices We usually fly Emirates or Etihad. Coming back...yes ...bit of a begger but must remain optimistic.Just heard from one of wifes friends of a certain Hospital with Moderna....things change quickly...so...lets see...chai..

Can you post the news regarding the Moderna vaccine, if it is regarding a hospital in Thailand (versus the UK)

No...I will be the last to find out.When not working...never stops..she is always on the mobile to her "contacts" in CM and BK/Samut Pra... as well as discussing with our local Pu Yais...and Kam Nans...and all I can get is that all Thais hate sinov....etc..sorry...Easier just to let them get on with it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

is this a joke?

No....when I input the 13 x digit number to confirm/check...this has been the response/s...  "Your information does not exist, Please fill your informations in this registration form."....and again and again.....gotta laugh...otherwise...yes..

4 hours ago, Rinrada said:

Yes....my wife has both Thai and UK passport..never a problem.

No, No, No, If you arrive at UK immigration and you are not vaccinated they drop you in the sea just outside of UK territorial waters and you will have to tread water hoping they change the criteria ????

• Haha 2