41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Of those who have registered, 32,563 are aged under 60, while 9,053 are over 60.

Those suffering from underlying health conditions totalled 3,038, while 172 pregnant expats also registered.

This doesn't make sense.

Wouldn't all 32,563 under age 60 have "underlying health conditions"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

33 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I am quite surprised at the low number of people that initially qualify for the first round, me being one of them.

Fingers crossed for next week.

Yes, it's hard to tell how representative (if at all) these figures are of the wider falang community profile: 3/4 under age 60, and quite small numbers with 'underlying health conditions'.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes 

We have kind of got past this point already, most got this email on Sunday.

Note:

Although it says above “once available  appointment slot is sent to your email “ it has been recently stated as “ sent by SMS “ so best to keep an eye out on both .

Thanks for the headsup.

Just confirming that this one still working, and as mentioned elsewhere seems the most serious so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I am waiting for an appointment.....I registered very shortly after the website opened.

I am told by the email that I will have an appointment in my area, that the first dose will be Sinovac and the second will be Az or Pfizer.

My concern is that the Sinovac element of the vaccination will disqualify me from travelling to UK, EU, US, Japan etc. as these countries will inevitably require all vaccines used to be approved wherever you wish to travel to. Sinovac to my knowledge is not approved in any of these territories. 

Does any know anything about this?

Are you referring to the expatvac website that opened last Sunday? Or did you register on one of the earlier websites? In which changwat are you located?

10 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

I seriously doubt they would mix SinoVac with Pfizer as final dose. Nothing in this article mentions SinoVac doses.

It is understood 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which was recently donated to Thailand by the United States government will be used to vaccinate expats in Thailand.

Didn't that donation get used on Thai gov. employees or was that a different donation? Can't find the relevant details so I may be wrong.