41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 5:10 PM, toston said:

Anybody knows where a Thai can get AZ vaccine please ?

is there somewhere in Bangkok or Pattaya to get it ? Is it free ?!

thanks.

any reply please ?

By the way, why do you all vaccinate like cattle when actually only medicine can fix covid problem definitively ?

ah yes, I understand, the people who control you around the world told you to inject vaccine 3 times (or 4 or 5...) before telling you that it's not useful anymore because medicine is now available ?

Ah yes, I see, it was difficult to plan and understand the only truth ! covid medicine is not yet sold even if already available and efficient (phase 3 testing), because more people still need to vaccine, which they would not do if they could understand that a medicine is enough...

Edited by toston
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I'm a 70 yo Australian age pensioner with medical conditions, I originally registered on Intervac site before it was closed down , then I registered on expacvac site they confirmed my registration but till now haven't received an appointment for vaccine, I keep reading that elderly will first in line to receive a vaccine, but that statement has become a joke in my eyes, what are my alternatives or do I just wait forever 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

I'm a 70 yo Australian age pensioner with medical conditions, I originally registered on Intervac site before it was closed down , then I registered on expacvac site they confirmed my registration but till now haven't received an appointment for vaccine, I keep reading that elderly will first in line to receive a vaccine, but that statement has become a joke in my eyes, what are my alternatives or do I just wait forever 

I read here the Australian Embassy where arranging vaccinations a couple of weeks ago.

Contact them. 

May be my memory is playing tricks on me? Anyone else know.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

I'm still waiting as well so your not alone.

I've received 2 Pfizer vaccinations via the expatvac programme. The application and the service was fast and efficient.

I was informed that the number of people invited for the second round was reduced due to limited supply, so I was lucky to get through, but that more supplies were expected.

We also applied on behalf of a friend who was getting a bit lost in the system, and he received confirmation within 1 week.

So all in all I have nothing but praise for the service.

Prior to that I had 5 vaccination appointments via private insurance for various western vaccines cancelled - all cancelled by the hospital for a variety of reasons. I've been advised that the insurance is non-refundable and not transferable, but that the I will eventually receive the doses, which hopefully will be spread out far enough to act as booters.

I have no specific advice for people who haven't yet received the jab, but just to reassure them the system is working and to hang tight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I've received 2 Pfizer vaccinations via the expatvac programme. The application and the service was fast and efficient.

I was informed that the number of people invited for the second round was reduced due to limited supply, so I was lucky to get through, but that more supplies were expected.

We also applied on behalf of a friend who was getting a bit lost in the system, and he received confirmation within 1 week.

So all in all I have nothing but praise for the service.

Prior to that I had 5 vaccination appointments via private insurance for various western vaccines cancelled - all cancelled by the hospital for a variety of reasons. I've been advised that the insurance is non-refundable and not transferable, but that the I will eventually receive the doses, which hopefully will be spread out far enough to act as booters.

I have no specific advice for people who haven't yet received the jab, but just to reassure them the system is working and to hang tight.

I think with the breakout of covid down south and school going back we've gone to the back burner.

41 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

Remote area 130 km from Nakhon Sawan 

Nakhon Sawan were vaccinating expats during October. Vaccination site was Big C 2. It seems you have been missed out. 

• If you are having trouble registering for a Covid-19 vaccination please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) at [email protected]. If you successfully registered for a vaccine via the MFA website but have received an email stating your application has been declined, call the MFA on +66 (0) 2572 8442

Failing that, you can book Moderna jabs at Paknampo Hospital here:

https://vaccineregister.princhealth.com/

Edited by Chris.B

2 hours ago, Hoppyone said:

I registered with them on Oct 20, got appointment confirmation on the Nov 2 for Nov 5. Pfizer jab at Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin. I'm in Prachuap province.

8 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Nakhon Sawan were vaccinating expats during October. Vaccination site was Big C 2. It seems you have been missed out. 

• If you are having trouble registering for a Covid-19 vaccination please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) at [email protected]. If you successfully registered for a vaccine via the MFA website but have received an email stating your application has been declined, call the MFA on +66 (0) 2572 8442

Failing that, you can book Moderna jabs at Paknampo Hospital here:

https://vaccineregister.princhealth.com/

Ok Thanks