Anutin defends amnesty bill, says necessary to protect doctors

webfact

4 minutes ago, pegman said:

Why are they so nervous? 

Because win them or not, they may expect lots of suits to be filed, as are being filed all around the world ...  And they maybe don't want to spend years in court defending suits that may be eventually be thrown out as meritless.

• Sad 1

The Bloomberg article linked above links to a Global Times article which cannot be posted here. Several (30) provincial level and district/city level hospital and health commission people were relieved of their posts. That's as high up as it got.

Edited by jerrymahoney

4 hours ago, webfact said:

According to a leaked document secured by the Move Forward Party and released on Sunday night, the government aims on passing legislation that would exempt from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits those that decided the country’s vaccination plan.

I would share my thoughts but I'd be suspended, so just let it be known I'm not a fan of this.

• Like 2

THAILND CRIMINAL CODE --  Chapter 4: Criminal Liability

Section 59. Intention or Negligence

A person shall be criminally liable only when such person commits an act intentionally, except in case of the law provides that such person must be liable when such person commits an act by negligence, or except in case of the law clearly provides that such person must be liable even though such person commits an act unintentionally.

To commit an act intentionally is to do an act consciously and at the same time the doer desired or could have foreseen the effect of such doing.

If the doer does not know the facts constituting the elements of the offence, it cannot be deemed that the doer desired or could have foreseen the effect of such doing.

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-criminal-liability-sections-59-65/

(Siam Legal International does not claim any rights over the republication of Thai laws within this website.)

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, suestra29 said:

Agree but should exclude Anutin and Prayut. They should be charged with gross mishandling causing unnecessary deaths and ruining the economy

I thought they (& all MPs) had already altered the Constitution to grant themselves immunity?

• Like 2