Best movie intros

While we are isolated, or self-isolated, in lock-down many of us see movies as a distraction.

Personally, I love the movie experience. The big screen and sound system is what the producers of a movie created. Alas, times have changed and, like shopping, there is a 'new normal'. The streaming version of a movie is often still based on the theater mode -- unless you have a mega-watts home-theater system you will need to have the volume control handy. 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The introduction to Woody Allen's Manhattan is sublime.

Was that the one w/Gershwin playing while he panned the skyline? and he was trying to find an opening line - 

If so, quite an intro as I remember it from all those years ago - - 

If not, never mind... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caspersfriend said:

Just showed up from your original post for me .. maybe 3BB problem .. nothing new. Inspiring music but tells us nothing about the [great] movie.

I think it would be impossible to grasp the underlying theme/message of Fight Club and the Matrix (another of my favorite films) with an into or even a trailer.  Most people I know, even after watching both of the aforementioned films, don’t even get it.  For example, how could you explain the significance of red/blue pill scene of The Matrix or Morpheus’ quote from the movie….

“The human body generates more bioelectricity than a 120-volt battery and over 25,000 BTUs of body heat. Combined with a form of fusion, the machines had found all the energy they would ever need. There are fields, Neo, endless fields where human beings are no longer born. We are grown... What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this {showing a battery}.”

Most people would view these films only as action movies and little more than that.  I have watched both movies multiple times with many different friends and most of them, at the end of the movie, don’t really get it.  But both of the movies are incredible commentaries about society.

Red Pill vs Blue Pill….

4C53682A-0785-4730-9E7A-9C13E55387D2.jpeg

B7BDEF73-2269-4530-99D9-5A0E5EAB71EF.jpeg

Edited by Airalee

33 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I think it would be impossible to grasp the underlying theme/message of Fight Club and the Matrix (another of my favorite films) with an into or even a trailer.  Most people I know, even after watching both of the aforementioned films, don’t even get it.  For example, how could you explain the significance of red/blue pill scene of The Matrix or Morpheus’ quote from the movie….

“The human body generates more bioelectricity than a 120-volt battery and over 25,000 BTUs of body heat. Combined with a form of fusion, the machines had found all the energy they would ever need. There are fields, Neo, endless fields where human beings are no longer born. We are grown... What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this {showing a battery}.”

Most people would view these films only as action movies and little more than that.  I have watched both movies multiple times with many different friends and most of them, at the end of the movie, don’t really get it.  But both of the movies are incredible commentaries about society.

Red Pill vs Blue Pill….

4C53682A-0785-4730-9E7A-9C13E55387D2.jpeg

B7BDEF73-2269-4530-99D9-5A0E5EAB71EF.jpeg

Which would be your pill of choice? If any.

• Like 1