COVID recoveries outnumber new cases in Thailand for second day running

webfact

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 11, 2021) About 7.09% of the population is fully vaccinated. 16,701,428 (+364,685) people have received the first dose, while 4,692,030 (+125,685) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1425375226339102720

Again my problem with this is fully vaccinated with what and what % of the fully vaccinated will require a booster because of what they have been vaccinated with. If they require a booster then in my books they're not fully vaccinated.

6 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Sorry - was this for me? "For whatever reason, you're happy that there are less foreigners in Thailand than normal. Not as much competition at your local bar, eh?" 

1. Bars are closed

2. No bars where I live that I would go to

3. I care about the death of old (venerable) Thais who should have been vaccinated instead some young healthy person. I think old people are no less valuable than young, in most cases they are more valuable. 

A large proportion of people who post on this forum are pleased that there aren't many tourists in Thailand. That's great, unless you're one of the millions of Thais whose livelihoods have been destroyed.

Suicides are way up, record numbers of homes have been repossessed, millions of Thais who have worked hard all their lives have lost everything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I’m an international teacher in a red zone and fully expect to be going back to online teaching end of this month. I feel for those Thai students in the outer provinces who will again miss vital education due to the lack or facilities for many schools there, It’s catch 22

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Dont get carried away over the vaccines my brother in law had his first jab a couple of weeks ago but his second one is not until October and he works in a government department 

AZ is 12 wks between shots. In Australia they're pulling it back to 8 but there seems to be evidence if you reduce the time between shots immunity might wane faster. My nxt shot is in October.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nkg said:

A large proportion of people who post on this forum are pleased that there aren't many tourists in Thailand. That's great, unless you're one of the millions of Thais whose livelihoods have been destroyed.

Suicides are way up, record numbers of homes have been repossessed, millions of Thais who have worked hard all their lives have lost everything.

Now that post I understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nkg said:

I've never seen a post like this. We live here. We are for the majority expats and a good deal of us long term. I think your post is unfair. In fairness if you could show some examlples of this it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I do not think people on this forum wish any ill will on the Thai populace be it Tourism related or any other aspect of Thai society and the state of public health. I do think, however, that there is a sentiment that, the worse things get, the more likely it is that there will be some change in the Thai ruling regime.

I think that demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the Thai power structure. This from a Yank.

• Like 1

Thats good news, right?

I don't trust what this governor says so I am very skeptical

I'm sure Anutin will show with his grotesque grin to take credit.

When things go bad he always blames someone or something else.

Sketchy guy.

1 hour ago, welshguy said:

I'm from the U.K.

I'm desperate to come back to Thailand.

I've been double dosed (will get another dose this Autumn/Winter.

I certainly DONT live in fear.

But, the hassle of doing/paying for any kind of sandbox/A.L.Q. etc, the number of places not yet open in Thailand, the restrictions in Thailand etc, the "possibility" of quarantine rules etc. for the U.K. changing etc. etc THEY are the reasons I wont be returning to Thailand this year. I'm "hoping" early next year 2022 , it may well be possible. It looks like they've been ramping up the covid vaccinations the last week or so, great, long may it continue.

I think? personally,That Thailand wont get any real number of tourists back, until the vaccinated rate in Thailand is way way up. Yes, its great the last week or so, that the daily vaccination numbers are rising ...long may it continue....then maybe, we will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As mentioned, with the current restrictions,numbers of Thais having been vaccinated, even getting into Thailand,  then the sandbox /A.S.Q. etc the government changing their minds constantly...the chances of any sort of decent amount of tourists coming back into Thailand, is very slim.

I hope though, that by the recent upsurge in the govt. finally giving out more vaccines, the end is in sight. My opinion only of course!

Great you got vaccinated!

Hopefully you get back soon.

• Like 1

What I want to know is how does the "old" original PCR test The WHO has now said is totally inaccurate & is being discontinued firstly how does it recognize the "new variant(s)" from the old original Corvid 19 and "differentiate" between the variants ~ Alpha and Delta. It doesn't seem viable or logical the old test could possibly do that. Also Dr Fauci himself tells us they have found a new variant that evades any test but you can be sick with this illness that "has NO symptoms" (having no symptoms is one of the symptoms) and cannot be verified with any current test which is why you still need to wear a mask & get a vaccine that is still not approved by the FDA because it is an experimental vaccine approved for emergency use only & does not protect you 100% against the original or variants. Sorry I'm confused and would not buy a used car from Dr. Fauci ~ Does asking these questions using logic make me a anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorist extremist crazy person?

Edited by Manny

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

#COVID19 Update on Wednesday: 21,038 new cases (173 from prisons) and 207 deaths. 22,012 released from care. Full details at 12:30pm.

8 Aug: 19,983 - 138 dead

9 Aug: 19,603 - 149 dead

10 Aug: 19,843 - 235 dead

11 Aug: 21,038 - 207 dead

#โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1425256833522966536

And the numbers are declining oh yeah pull the other one.

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Full disclosure demanded over distribution of 1.5m doses of donated Pfizer vaccine

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/full-disclosure-demanded-over-distribution-of-1-5m-doses-of-donated-pfizer-vaccine/

Wow, someone must have read something that perturbed them about a lack of true transparency.  Good to see they are pressuring the government to open up. Alas it may never happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Again my problem with this is fully vaccinated with what and what % of the fully vaccinated will require a booster because of what they have been vaccinated with. If they require a booster then in my books they're not fully vaccinated.

All the vaccines available probably need a booster anyway especially against Delta variant. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/moderna-may-be-superior-to-pfizer-against-delta

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Phuket Sandbox, over 19000  visitors, 52 foreign infections, less than 0.3%……and guess what? Some people still want to poo poo it and will find anyway possible to put a negative slant. 

So in answer to your question, yes they have every right and with successful figures like that, why not?

Numerous other examples, 500,000 doses given, oh they must be lying, can’t sustain it, gonna run out soon, its only Sinovac so it shouldnt count, ???? bla bla bla. 

Infection cases drop, oh it’s easy to make up the numbers and manipulate. 

Death rates increase, oh it’s because they can’t fudge them. 

Any good news is treated with scepticism, mainly only bad news is accepted as real. 

Of course only my opinion for someone with an optimistic outlook on life. 

Of course the other view will be it’s not realistic and their views are correct. 

Never understood why many Thais call foreigners whingers ????

Each to their own. 

You forgot to mention that Phuket is isolated from the rest of Thailand now and that vaccines were prioritised there in the name of money and big noting themselves. Plenty (by plenty I mean millions) of Thais haven't even had one shot of any vaccine. Glad to see your level of discourse in on par.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Dont get carried away over the vaccines my brother in law had his first jab a couple of weeks ago but his second one is not until October and he works in a government department 

I'm not getting carried away!

I've been going to Thailand for almost 40 years now, so know how things can be.

The people I've been speaking to in Thailand , haven't been vaccinated yet anyhow!

I'm just "hoping", that they are finally starting to ramp up their vaccine roll out......yes..I know it may well stop/stutter etc...but "hopefully", they are finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nkg said:

Great post. Thanks for sharing. Real perspective imo 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You forgot to mention that Phuket is isolated from the rest of Thailand now and that vaccines were prioritised there in the name of money and big noting themselves. Plenty (by plenty I mean millions) of Thais haven't even had one shot of any vaccine. Glad to see your level of discourse in on par.

"In the name of money".. You mean wages.income.food.rent. Ahh yes.stupid idea! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

No I am looking above that. Of course these things are important but the rest of Thailand seems to have missed out whilst the focus was on a face saving exersise to show that Thailand is ready to open up. Economic gain and in reality not that much and in the end will have caused more hardship for the population and economy as a whole. 

You got the money part wrong then... so explain how Isaan for eg missed out? 

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Covid blame game spreads like a virus in Thailand

Political squabbling spikes with rising infections and deaths as kingdom shifts from Covid success story to cautionary tale

BANGKOK – When Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul met with Pfizer company representatives in Bangkok in late 2020, the businessman-cum-politician declined to place a Covid-19 vaccine order because in his words the shot was not yet proven effective on “yellow-skinned people”, according to government sources familiar with the meeting.

https://asiatimes.com/2021/08/covid-blame-game-spreads-like-a-virus-in-thailand/

One doesn't have to dig far on ( Non Thai ) media to discover the real reasons that vaccines were not ordered .