Full disclosure demanded over distribution of 1.5m doses of donated Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

i'm sure between 5000-10000 foreigners will get Pfizer at some point this year

I'm sure they will get something probably some hand gel or a pack of face masks but thats about it.

I did see 1 person say they have an appointment on the 12th so its good to know at least one person has managed to get a vaccine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

Why are students / diplomats going abroad bunched in with expats?

Anyone know if AZ from Thailand is allowed into EU?  I've heard AZ from India is not recognized ...  What about AZ from S Korea too?

Don't think AZ from Australia has been approved either by the EU.

All of those 1.5 mil Pfizer doses are reserved for the HiSo, not for the noodle-seller, farmers or low-income people. Or maybe they plan to sell to the foreigners later to boost their pockets. Does he think his demands will be considered!? 
It is all about scam.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Word is you will get it by SMS

The email for successful registration did say..

Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

So confusion already!

14 hours ago, WISteve said:

Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy.

Chiang Mai, successfully registered, high risk … crickets.

• Haha 2

Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, as I think they said from rather than on when they announced the date, 10th or 11th. And that would be consistent with all the other vague promises about what will be available and what will happen. And then not.

yes

Where did, and where ARE they being scheduled to go? Don't you DARE vaccinate anybody under 60 without the specified illnesses who does not possess a Thai Identity Card! 

and no, I did not receive an appointment email (or SMS) from expatvac either.

Edited by OishiRefill
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I'm sure they will get something probably some hand gel or a pack of face masks but thats about it.

I did see 1 person say they have an appointment on the 12th so its good to know at least one person has managed to get a vaccine. 

Why do you just make things up. All week MedPark has been administering Pfizer to 60+ and those with existing conditions. It is happening and booked up thru October.

I registered on Aug 1st but still have not received either an email acknowledgement or update confirmation. I did get the "Registration Success" webpage after entering all info and took the screenshot below. It does mention other sites for vaccination being established in non Bangkok & neighboring provinces, so its possible those who qualify as elderly/at-risk but are outside the listed provinces will be delayed in getting response. Still maybe good idea to monitor  https://thailandintervac.com/  and contact hospitals directly with inquiries. Thanks to folks who are sharing info/experiences here.

2021-08-01-ThailandVaccineRegistrationConfirmationBrief.jpg

Edited by Dragonboat Ronin

This is like a kindergarten class arguing about who gets to go first.

As long as it is not being shipped out of the country, who cares. Eventually everyone needs to get dosed. If it is not my turn today, it will be sooner because someone else just dropped off the list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Have heard nothing in Chiang Mai yet.  I'm over 60 with a noted condition too. 

I heard this was not a first-come first-serve registration too.  It would start with the oldest and people with medical conditions and move down the list.

If your in Chiang Mai you have had every opurtunity to be vaccinated. For more info go to COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai on facebook. Hope that helps

4 hours ago, todlad said:

Is it a rumour or is it a story that several very well known and high ranking people have been diverting vaccines to provide vaccine services for a fee. The word is that these services are expensive, are carried out in North East Thailand and, since I got to know about them, this seems to be something of concern to hoi polloi. Oh and riff raff like you and me.

Even if this story is unfounded, it really is quite clear that vaccination plans are very malleable here and vaccine hijackings are commonplace.

I hope their vacs makes their peckers shrink smaller than it is now...  or even fall off....