90 Days

Hi,

I just remembered that I haven't done my 90 days submission... and it is about 90 days late :-(

I used to be so punctilious with this, but having spent five years out of the system in Europe, and with all this Covid stuff, it just completely slipped my mind.

I am in Uttaradit with a married visa extension of one year which was granted in February.

Can anyone give me any advice re: fines, penalties, strategy?

I will, of course, phone them tomorrow.

Regards,

Owen

49 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Not 90, but I was 8 days late on my last one (forgot).  When he asked me why I was late, I said "Covid" and coughed into my hand.  He couldn't get me out of there fast enough.  ????

Once I was a week or so late waiting for the Approved status on an online submission. 

Luckily I had printed out the Pending statement. 

The slightly bitchy IO officer gave me a full on lecture about Pending not means Approved.

Then said "I could fine you 2000" ...but didn't. "I let you off this time"

Now always have the 90 day date in my phone's calendar with a warning notification set a week before. 

On 8/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

There has never been a daily fine for 90 day reporting. The standard fine is 2000 baht up to maximum fine of 5000 baht.

The 500 baht a day is the fine for a overstay with a maximum of 20k baht.

This from the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

" If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht."

Joe, But What happens IF You NEVER / EVER Do the 90 Day Report ?? I Knew a Guy who Never Did one But I Can't ask him now as He has " Passed " Away.....

As others have said, being late is 2000bht with nothing more to worry about. It is easier and cheaper to send your 90 day report via EMS 15 days before due with return 10 baht stamped envelope (need passport face page, visa page, most recent entry page and TM47, usually they also want the previous 90 day half A4 slip. But if you don't they just put a red stamp asking you to include it next time. (for the passport, visa and entry images I just make up a pdf to print all on one page) Maybe this time they might overlook your missed reporting and just give you a new date slip. They aren't set up to bill you or fine you by mail that I know about. A quick trip to the post office might be safer & cheaper than a long haul to sit around tons of people. Usually about 57 baht for the EMS and stamps. This method is reliable - never failed over a few years.

• Haha 1

Don't sweat it Owen. I'm in the same province as you and I was almost a month out on my 90 days. First time in 17 yrs. Just have copies of the pages needed and your form filled in and 2,000 baht ready. They will fill out a receipt for you and off you go. If it was your visa that would be a different ball game. 

I am desperate to get to Thailand to see my long relationship girlfriend as we haven't seen each other for nigh on 18 months, if I arrive on a 60 days tourist visa but then overstay 90 days will I just get 4,000 bahts fine ? but then will I be barred for 3 years ?

9 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Joe, But What happens IF You NEVER / EVER Do the 90 Day Report ?? I Knew a Guy who Never Did one But I Can't ask him now as He has " Passed " Away.....

Somewhere along the way you would be fined for late reporting. Normal is 2000 baht but it could be up to 5000 baht if they wanted to punish you for never doing a report.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ray richards said:

I am desperate to get to Thailand to see my long relationship girlfriend as we haven't seen each other for nigh on 18 months, if I arrive on a 60 days tourist visa but then overstay 90 days will I just get 4,000 bahts fine ? but then will I be barred for 3 years ?

Why overstay? Can you obtain visa exempt entry? That's is 45 days.

After that obtain a 30 day extension.

After that obtain 60 day covid extensions. 

Have you been vaccinated? It's not a requirement however clearly a good idea.

Do Not plan to overstay. Bad/foolish idea.

Note instead of above plan using visa exempt entry, you can obtain a tourist visa and same extensions outlined.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ray richards said:

The maximum fine for a overstay is 20,000 baht. You seem to be confusing a overstay with late 90 day reporting.

If more than 90 days but less than one year would be banned from entering the country for one year. But if caught with an overstay you would be arrested and be put in detention until you are deported and be banned for 3 years.

• Like 1

Hello, I have been trying to do my 90 days online as usual from my iPad with Google Chrome for the past 2 days. I had no problem 3 months ago and my information has not changed since but I can't get past the first page. After clicking on “submit”, I keep getting a pop-up message that reads:

“For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.”

Never had this before. I tried with Safari and Firefox, also on my phone, to no avail. 
Any thought about this?

7 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

Hello, I have been trying to do my 90 days online as usual from my iPad with Google Chrome for the past 2 days. I had no problem 3 months ago and my information has not changed since but I can't get past the first page. After clicking on “submit”, I keep getting a pop-up message that reads:

“For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.”

There are many reasons for getting that message.

Since you have done it before you must be entering the correct info on page one. 

I assume you are within the 15 day to the day report is due window.

Have you applied for new extension of stay since your last report? Or done a report in person? At some offices that have not entered the new info that is causing people problems.

Have you considered installing the app for the report that has more than that one message that the online report site gives you. 

Link for app. https://apps.apple.com/th/app/imm-eservice/id1464624948

Thanks Dr Jack 54 & Ubonjoe for the advice.

I think the tourist visa 60 days but how many 30 day extensions are permitted ? I aim to stay 6 months.

Yes I have been vaccinated 2 times+ I will be due a booster Pfizer in September,

I am 75 yrs old with a monthly pension of 30k bahts but I don't have the amount required in my Bangkok Bank account to apply for a retirement visa so the 60day tourist visa is my only option unless anyone can tell me of any other options?

6 minutes ago, ray richards said:

think the tourist visa 60 days but how many 30 day extensions are permitted ? I aim to stay 6 months.

You can only apply for one 30 day extension. At this time you can apply for 60 day covid 19 extensions that could get you to the 6 months if they are still available after the end of September (I am certain they will still be available)

8 minutes ago, ray richards said:

I am 75 yrs old with a monthly pension of 30k bahts but I don't have the amount required in my Bangkok Bank account to apply for a retirement visa so the 60day tourist visa is my only option unless anyone can tell me of any other options?

If you could prove the 30k baht income you could combine the annual total of 360k baht it with 440k baht in a Thai bank to reach 800k baht.

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are many reasons for getting that message.

Since you have done it before you must be entering the correct info on page one. 

I assume you are within the 15 day to the day report is due window.

Have you applied for new extension of stay since your last report? Or done a report in person? At some offices that have not entered the new info that is causing people problems.

Have you considered installing the app for the report that has more than that one message that the online report site gives you. 

Link for app. https://apps.apple.com/th/app/imm-eservice/id1464624948

Thank you very much, Ubonjoe.  My last extension of stay was in  mid-May and my last report online was 26 May (i.e before the expiration of my previous extension on 30 May: could that be the reason)? My situation hadn't changed at all.
 I did a report in person at MTT in March when their system was under repair. I am within the 15 day window. I will try the app.

3 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

My last extension of stay was in  mid-May and my last report online was 26 May (i.e before the expiration of my previous extension on 30 May: could that be the reason)?

That could be the reason if your immigration office did not or could not update your extension date in the online system.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That could be the reason if your immigration office did not or could not update your extension date in the online system.

I understand. So I should be prepared to go to MTT. In the meantime I am trying the app. I downloaded it and registered. Just now as I wanted to login (email + password), a pop-up tells me my username is incorrect. I will try again. 
In any case, thank you very much for your help.

12 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

I understand. So I should be prepared to go to MTT. In the meantime I am trying the app. I downloaded it and registered. Just now as I wanted to login (email + password), a pop-up tells me my username is incorrect. I will try again. 
In any case, thank you very much for your help.

It turns out you are absolutely right, Ubonjoe. I just logged in through the app (I had not activated my registration hence the username error) and filled out the first page of the questionnaire then a pop-up says I should not overstay but should check with immigration (76 days overstay apparently but I have the receipt to prove I did my 90 days report on 26 May). So there, everything is clear and I am going to treat myself to a trip to MTT next week. I can't wait! Again thank you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@Anant72 forget your online report.

Do report at MTT in person.

For the report after that, try the online system 14 days prior and when it doesn't work have the photocopies all ready for mail option, which is very simple.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@Anant72 forget your online report.

Do report at MTT in person.

For the report after that, try the online system 14 days prior and when it doesn't work have the photocopies all ready for mail option, which is very simple.

I will have to make the trip this time but up to now the online reporting site worked quite smoothly (except when they were “updating” it around Feb-March. Also, I registered into the immigration app and will try it next time. I prefer to avoid the mail as it requires more paperwork and the envelope may get lost. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Re: Is the specific Immigration Office (Bankgok CW or Sukhothai Province) significant when submitting 90-day report

TM7
My Non Immigrant Cat O-A Extension Permission to Stay was processed at Sukhothai Province

TM30

Now living in Bangkok and my Place of Residence TM30 reflects my living in Bangkok

For my next 90-day report (I can submit either online, mail or in person) is the office I submit the documents to significant? Does it matter or is the location of the office insignificant? Will I submit to CW (either online, mail or in person)? Is the required office to submit the 90-day report based upon where I'm living or where my immigration documents were submitted

Thank you in advance