Debt collectors arrested in Chumphon - one borrower paid 5,000 baht interest a day, threat to abduct sister

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

One person who had borrowed 130,000 baht was being charged interest of 5,000 baht a day and if they didn't pay they were threatened with having their younger sister abducted until they did. 

130,000 from a loan shark... Jeez

Several years ago, some Thais rented land across the street and opened a ramshackle bar/karaoke on what was a previously peaceful village road, and of course they had a huge set of speakers and not a care in the world.   We had a few run-ins with them and it was getting a bit tense, local cops useless as ever. 

Noticed it was blissfully quiet and dark over there one night about 8 months on.  Didn't twig until the next morning when I saw 2 Thais rock up on motorcycles, making lots of loud phone calls as they inspected the suddenly vacated property.  Village Central Intelligence Agency said they were the loan sharks.

Nice and quiet again after that.  ????

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

I would abduct him take his money and pay off the loan. Why they try to act hard? Lololololol

Yer I would just hit him .....Now lets see is that Crtl-x  or Alt-J on the key board.............:coffee1:

• Like 1