Hotel And Travel Phuket

A friend of mine are going soon to Thailand, and he will be using the Phuket Sandbox. So I need

really to ask you guys 2 questions, and if you can advise me I am happy..

a - Is there a public list somewhere over hotells in Phuket where he can book his stay for the

1 or 2 weeks quarantine? I will be very glad if you have alink or something like that....

b - He did actually ask me also another question, and that is. His home is up north in something

called Phrae (Up around Chiang Mai I guess).. Anyhow, he asked me, now when domestic

flights are closed down. how can he travel from  Phuket after the quarantine up to Phrae..

it seems that busses are off as well????

Any ideas guys????

Thanks for your input...

Glegolo

4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So there is domestic flights right now, thought they were all stopped?

They are special flights.

Only domestic flights from Bangkok are not allowed. Thus no normal flights are flying due the fact the originate in Bangkok.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are special flights.

Only domestic flights from Bangkok are not allowed. Thus no normal flights are flying due the fact the originate in Bangkok.

Special flight at 3 times the normal fare, also after the 16th there will be special buses to Bkk airport

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/phuket-sandbox-express-bus-to-be-ended-august-16

Just came from Phuket to BKK airport by special "sandbox express".  THB 1,500/pax (though depends on total no. travelling that day, and hence size of the vehicle).  I believe the company - Andaman Travels - operates at least three times per week.  Booking made thru the SHA+ hotel and can only get confirmation 1-2 days before the trip.  Departs Phuket about 0500 hrs (though was well late).  Took about 14 hours and arrives at Suvarnabumi departure level.  Difficult to find taxis after 2000 hrs on arrival.  Would only recommend if absolutely essential to make the trip.

5 hours ago, RickSee said:

Difficult to find taxis after 2000 hrs on arrival.  Would only recommend if absolutely essential to make the trip.

... and after 21:00, you would be violating the curfew, so be sure you can reach your destination before that (or be prepared to spend the night in the terminal building, if they will let you in). I understand the official intended arrival time is 21:00. With no flights leaving Suvarnabhumi until morning, and people officially not allowed to move until 4:00 am, I cannot imagine a worse schedule.

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

... and after 21:00, you would be violating the curfew, so be sure you can reach your destination before that (or be prepared to spend the night in the terminal building, if they will let you in). I understand the official intended arrival time is 21:00. With no flights leaving Suvarnabhumi until morning, and people officially not allowed to move until 4:00 am, I cannot imagine a worse schedule.

The problem is the total duration of the trip and how it can fit within the current curfew hrs.  The bus is supposed to leave the origin point in Phuket at 0500 hrs, with at least one other pick-up point.  Bus agents and drivers inform pax that arrival at Suvarnabumi should be about 1900 hrs, which would be fine if the schedule is maintained.  However, at least when I travelled, there was a delay in starting, several rest stops of varying duration, as well as extremely heavy rains, all of which meant a late arrival - about 2000 hrs.  This makes it very tight to find a passing, and willing, taxi to get back into BKK.

One way to help provide some margin would be to allow one stop in/near central BKK, before proceeding all the way to Suvarnabumi.  This would make sense as almost no one on the bus wanted to end up at the airport, but rather in BKK proper.  Allowing one stop near the centre of BKK would help most pax in terms of convenience and timing.