Why is ASEAN NOW (formerly known as Thai Visa Forum) the Premier Site of Thailand and the World, never, ever, to be rivalled? Especially, why is ASEAN better than the poorer pretender sites. Not naming names, here.

My Dear Friends and Compatriots:

No matter what nationality you might have been before you truly ARRIVED here, we are all fellows in the brotherhood/sisterhood of our love of ASEAN NOW. Surely, you cannot logically imagine otherwise. Because, otherwise, you would not be here.  Therefore, you must love being here, as do I.

Why?

Because….

The “ASEAN NOW” forum is just…. BETTER than the rest.  We have all tried the rest and learned the hard way that these other lesser forums do NOT pass the acid test. They can never measure up, even as hard as they might try.  These sites, in hindsight for some of us, are just too pitiful for words. Just looking back at them, after briefly trying them, and finding them sorely wanting,….. We often wonder why we might have once or twice strayed away.

I expect only GOOD and POSITIVE comments from all of you describing the many valid ways and reasons ASEAN is superior.  We want to let others know just why ASEAN NOW is better than the rest. (Please, no need to argue otherwise, because, if you do not believe like me, then you would NOT be here.)

ASEAN NOW is not a new friend, but surely it is an “old friend” in the Asian sense of this expression. In Asia, there is no higher complement to give to another than to call this friend an “old friend”.

IF anyone here might have some penchant for commenting on any topic as important as this one, then please let them do so, now, here, or forever let them hold their peace. And, may their comments be positive and motivating and fruitful, leading to having more good members joining us in this forum.

In addition, I just wish to know the many ways in which this premier forum has helped you in your everyday lives in Thailand, some of which days were mundane, but most both beautiful and exciting. And, I want to know how this forum has helped you to deal with the ongoing alienation and social isolation that we, now, ALL must confront in our present lives, day by day, as we focus on some future world with fewer viruses, maybe a decade hence from now.

Let me just list the ways I love thee,….my ASEAN NOW:

aa.  I LOVE the very hardworking moderators of any good forum. Moderating a forum is a thankless job, in my opinion.  Yet, without good moderation, any forum is totally useless.

Here, in this forum, there are always writers who believe they are studs and thoroughbred racing horses. They think they need no moderation. They are very much mistaken, because, sometimes these thoroughbred stallions jump the paddock and run wild, trampling over the spectators, as it were. Moderators are so crucial in order that everyone may participate and enjoy this sport.

bb.  Without good moderators, the people who are skilled in doing their job well, then any forum will surely fail, and nobody will be happy. This is the truest word I have ever spoken, and you know it, even though you might not, sometimes, like this obvious necessary constraint.

cc. ASEAN NOW has great moderators working on this forum in order to keep the forum readable, and make this forum of some common value to everyone. There is no doubt about it.  And without these good moderators, then I would not be posting this message here.  Think about it.  Without good moderators, our postings would be useless garbage mixed in with other garbage, not even worthy of a NYC dumpster destined to be dumped outside of New York.

dd. Posting on ASEAN, if we post well, then we gain a good sense of fraternity, and for free. Posting costs nothing on ASEAN. Have you ever considered THIS? Have you ever paid a Bt. to post here?

ee.  ASEAN is always very HELPLFUL.  Whom (who) among us has not been significantly helped, probably often, by this forum, and in a REAL way?  Some forums provide only virtual help because…these forums do not CARE like ASEAN cares.  Am I right?  Darn right, I am right, and you all know it, too.

ff. I have noticed that there are many witty, intelligent, experienced-in-life, and, ultimately caring people, posting on ASEAN, need I say, people who come here from all parts of the world. I enjoy reading and learning a few things from people like these.  I have learned a bit, for sure. The lesson is free, and I am grateful.

gg. This pandemic, this scourge upon us now, has reminded me that forums as peerless as this, forums where we can enjoy a bit of comradery and banter, might be the best recipe for what is needed to keep us sane, even while we enjoy our respective experiences of isolation. Sanity, these days, seems to be in short supply. And so, if I can get sanity from ASEAN, while staying off the Thorazine, then I will take it, and be thankful for it.

hh. I can only suggest to any other lesser forums cropping up, wherever they may rear, please do not try to reinvent the wheel. Please come join us here. We have history and intelligence on our side.  And, more importantly, we have longstanding TRADITION. 

ii. ASEAN is UNIQUE in Thailand, because, here you can find discussions about anything and EVERYTHING under the Sun, a rarity which makes this forum interesting and valuable to people with very diverse interests.

Truly this is the MEGA SITE of Thailand for not just farang, but also non-farang. Farang or not, everybody loves everybody here, mostly.  This is TRUE.  Do NOT doubt it!

Do I speak the truth?

Yes.

There are many, MANY additional good and true things I would happily say here about ASEAN. But I do not wish to use up too much space, and hog too much time.

Still, I should state that I feel that I have an emotionally vested interest in contributing to ASEAN because I love this forum, as I know we all do.

You guys….   I know that you guys who remain here must truly love this forum. I know that you guys feel just as emotionally invested in this forum as do I, and with so many more good reasons than I can mention.

I am asking about how this forum might have helped each one of us during both hard times and good times, in sickness and in health, in so many meaningful ways, ways which we sometimes tend to forget.

Please never forget, this good forum has never failed us, and this site has remained constant, and this forum has consistently provided us with spiritual improvement, not to mention a caring helping hand whenever we might need it. Also, this forum has kept us informed about things we need to know. Often, reading ASEAN, we learn something new and valuable.

It is true that I LOVE tradition.

And, it is true that I LOVE this forum.

I never joke about things which are important to me.

SO…Get Serious, my friends. Try to remain serious during these serious times….

ALSO....You cannot say, honestly, that this forum has not helped you in so many ways, over the years.

I have a few valid stories which I could tell, stories which prove that this forum is a godsend for all those in foreign lands who are willing to read it, and who are fairly Illiterate.

One Further Note, if I may:

EVERYBODY loves tradition, and this also applies to people who have joined our ASEAN Forum.

So, here is a tune for you about TRADITION, which I like…..

Zero Mostel is amazing.

And, we can sort of surmise that the good times will return

If you don’t like Zero Mostel, then no problem.  Just, do not tell me that you do not like ASEAN NOW, now.

We must all pull together, through the process of amusing and distracting one another from the C word, lest we pull in opposite directions, and pull apart, thereby fracturing our common comradery, which might lead to less bonhomie for us all, as well as easily causing us to endure avoidable cases of temporary depression.

Goodwill among the men and women of our group, I say, should be fostered by caring for one another, as if we were one.

Everyone of us is just a Fiddler on the Roof, in this forum.

Among us, one can be sure, there is another Mark Twain or Two. And I know of at least one, far from here, yet also not too far.

Please NOTE: Attempting to post this measly submission, my Internet service was temporarily cut off,  four times.  Therefore, please forgive the resultant disjointedness. Doing one’s best, of course, yet not nearly up to snuff.

And, it is best to just put this nonproductive whining aside, and, alternatively think of greener pastures, and fiddling, when the power gets cut.

Can we now please just appreciate this amazing tune which reminds us of our youth….and the Tradition behind this new forum, ASEAN, which is a tradition that I dearly hope will never be lost….

My gracious thanks for any kind consideration, undue,

Regards,

GG

FINAL NOTE:  Although the internet service in this small  semi rural area in which I reside was just interrupted FOUR TIMES in one evening…. Still, I must not, and can NOT, in good conscience, complain.  Because…..  I think of the workers who willingly work without any protection, and without being vaccinated.  I think of the worry they must be feeling, even though they do not overtly express too many of these fretful concerns.

Any consumers, or users of utilities, who complain about things relating to shortages or outages, these days, must be those who are completely out of touch with reality, and…heartless.

Just think of the workers, the guys who go to work each day, and then, … who in their right mind would complain?

I wonder.

My hat is off to those who man the supply chains, during these uncertain times.

Somehow, we need to get these people vaccinated, and they need to be first in line….First, and before me!

Thank you and regards,

Gamma

PS: Give my two doses of the two American shipments of the Pfizer vaccine to the Thai guys who work hard to keep our infrastructure, and the basic services, running, and the food-supply chain humming, because these are the guys who actually need this vaccine more than I.

If America wanted me to have a vaccine, then they would have sent it to me in a bottle, dropped in the ocean, COD.

This is why I am proud to be an American.

Same as Randy Newman.

No American Marine is ever left behind. Marines are a brotherhood. This is true. Every American knows this.

I am, unfortunately, not a US Marine, but just a submariner.  (If I could have been a US Marine, and good enough…then that would have been splendid.)

My only recourse, now, these days, as a true American, in order to show my patriotism, is to forego any potential offer of doses of Pfizer here in Thailand, in order that someone on the front lines might have such potential dose.

This might be a moot point, naturally, because I never expected to get a Pfizer dose, anyway.

Also, I think that there is just about as much chance of my being offered a dose of the Pfizer vaccine, directly from America, or an American Consular office, as there is the chance of my getting a dose of the clap.

I am not worried about either.

Celibacy is my game.

Looking Good, Louis.
Feeling Good, Todd.

Eddie Murphy is a true American original.

Love Eddie.

Love Twain.

And so, I am, these days, just waiting for the return of Halley’s comet, I guess.

When will it pass by, next? Sooner the better, maybe.

Until then, I will not mention the “C word” in the pages of this good forum.

Love you all, my friends.

And, this ain't no joke.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

Anyone who has the courage to read all that, deserves a medal.

No, sir.

Anyone who can stand to write it, deserves the medal.

All I hear, these days, from people on ASEAN NOW, is...

"We are sick and tired of the blasted infinite postings about the C word."

Somebody asked Somebody to write more about Something with less about the C topic.

So, I just threw my hat into this ring.

And then, Someone accused me of being less than sincere in my posting, here.

All that I can tell you is that EVERY word written in the original topic is not insincere.

Everybody dislikes phonies.

Everybody loves Salinger.

Am I right?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Well a lot of people that went over to Thethaiger forum would disagree with AseanNow being the best. The reason why not cannot even be mentioned, which kind of proves their point.

Yes.

I know.

Let them go.

They will be sorry in the end.

Believe me.

Why?

Other so-called pretenders do not have good moderators.

And, despite what you might think, good moderators are key to the success of a forum.

Together with history, tradition, and BRAND LOYALTY.

No Tiger can trump this forum.

Believe me.

Tigers are a dying breed.

Just ask 350.org, or anyone.

Tigers will go the same way as the polar bears, when the ice melts in the arctic.

It is TRADITION and history that counts.

Trust me.

Tigers will be "NUMBER TWO", forever.

Who can tolerate PANDERING for long,

Except, maybe Pandas?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 2

Somebody mentioned tigers in a post, posted above.

Why?

Why did this post not mention, instead, for example, the Bald Eagle?

Nothing but pandering.

Good for pandas.

Not for sentient animals, like us, I would think.

• Confused 1