Have I screwed myself by not doing 90 day reports?

I entered Thailand in March 2020 on a visa waiver with an American passport.  Then I stayed thanks to the covid amnesty. When that was meant to run out, I paid an agent to extend the visa for medical reasons several times.  Then I paid the agent to extend it as a covid extension.

In all this, it was my understanding that because I entered as a tourist, and because I was doing the medical extensions at 90 day intervals, that I did not have to file 90 day residence reports.  Is that correct?

I will be leaving Thailand in a few weeks and I'm suddenly nervous that I will have a problem at the airport.  I realize that I screwed up by not making sure of this sooner. ????

Visa stamps attached.

IMG_20210816_163003_1.jpg

IMG_20210816_162956_1.jpg

IMG_20210816_162949_1.jpg

IMG_20210816_162943_1.jpg

IMG_20210816_162936.jpg

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

@ubonjoe, Is it obvious to immigration from this visa that it was obtained through an agent and the holder did not have genuine medical reasons to stay?  And, if so, do you think they will have any difficulties being issued with any other kind of visas in the future (non-o, non-b, etc.)?

It's called an amnesty meaning there was no reason to leave the country as long as the extension to stay was renewed. It would have been immigration that put the stamp in the passport. 

There is nothing on the stamp saying it is for medical reasons. 

Even if there was how would immigration know from looking at a stam in a passport if the guy whos passport it is was ill or not ?

Edited by berybert
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

@ubonjoe, Is it obvious to immigration from this visa that it was obtained through an agent and the holder did not have genuine medical reasons to stay?  And, if so, do you think they will have any difficulties being issued with any other kind of visas in the future (non-o, non-b, etc.)?

I doubt it will be a problem. Embassies and consulate do not look a person's history of extensions since the do not know much about them. Their job is to issue visas.

3 minutes ago, berybert said:

It's called an amnesty meaning there was no reason to leave the country as long as the extension to stay was renewed. It would have been immigration that put the stamp in the passport. 

What  has not being ill got to do with anything ?

Apologies.  I misunderstood and thought you had gotten a "medical visa" through an agent.

19 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And if they see a "suspect visa" in a passport?

Immigration does not issue visas other than non immigrant visas for those that qualify for certain extensions of stay.

As I wrote a embassy or consulate do know anything about extensions issued by immigration.

The might notice a suspicious visa that was shown as being issued by another embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Worst case scenario 2,000Bht fine, but would be prepared to bet no problems.

Travel safe 

As I wrote before he will not have a problem leaving the country. Immigration only checks that your permit stay in the country is still valid when you leave the country.

That have no access to any 90 day reporting records.