Lockdown measures in Thailand extended to Aug 31

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Hopefully come Aug 31 they see things are not improving and put the place under hard lockdown.

Would really annoy me to be forced to stay home for a few weeks drinking beers by the pool because the government won't allow me to go to work !!

That is nice for you to say. Your virtue is very clear. I’m sure all of the people that have lost everything wish you the best. Enjoy your beer while they beg for food or go through your garbage looking for plastic/ glass to recycle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A 2-3 week lockdown like you describe would temporarily stop the spread, but what do you think will happen once it ends?  Lockdowns are not a long-term solution.

If people observe the rules, wear a mask in company, Keep your distance . What your hands before using them to put food on your mouth Have temperature checked regularly . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Midwit said:

That is nice for you to say. Your virtue is very clear. I’m sure all of the people that have lost everything wish you the best. Enjoy your beer while they beg for food or go through your garbage looking for plastic/ glass to recycle. 

No glass or plastic goes into my garbage, my maid takes that home to recycle.

Edited by Ralf001

12 minutes ago, Percy P said:

If people observe the rules, wear a mask in company, Keep your distance . What your hands before using them to put food on your mouth Have temperature checked regularly . 

Don't most civilized people use a knife/fork/spoon/chopstick/shovel to put food into their mouth ?

Edited by Ralf001

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Don't most civilized people use a knife/fork/spoon/chopstick/shovel to put food into their mouth ?

Depends on what country your in . I use a  N/F/S .Indians eat with there hand ,but now many do.

I'm general people eat a sandwich holding it in there hand,fruit the same.

1 hour ago, aussiekev said:

And it is going to be extended again and again until they wake up to themselfs and really lock the joint down, Checkpoints are non existant, the amount of traffic on the road is near normal so it is a failure again. well done !! 

"Really locking the joint down" is never going to happen in Thailand!   

4 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Depends on what country your in . I use a  N/F/S .Indians eat with there hand ,but now many do.

Like pizza, I use a knife and fork for sandwich consumption.

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Percy P said:

34 minutes ago, Percy P said:

14 minutes ago, Percy P said:

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"Really locking the joint down" is never going to happen in Thailand!   

I personally have no problem with the lockdown . I live in the rural ,market opens 3 times a week .can travel to surrounding places even Bkk. There no restrictions , hopping they'll lose the key to unlock it.

46 minutes ago, Midwit said:

Delusional. 2 or 3 week total lockdowns will never work. Should the water, sewer and power grids be shut off because workers need to stay home?  How about if a fire starts?  Let it burn down with all people in place?  So spread of the virus will end at your door and not go to the next condo?  The virus is airborne, it’s invisible, tasteless and odorless. It will spread and continue to spread. Masks and lockdowns haven’t stopped the spread anywhere in the world. Vaccines seem to be far less effective than promised. Lockdowns may slow it for a bit but when we have all been exposed to the virus is when it will end. Colds and the flu are with us now and forever. We have treatments for them but they still kill people every year. 

Essential workers obviously need to be in place. But their numbers are small in relation to the population as a whole.

There has been no TOTAL lockdown except for essential workers anywhere. Because, as I wrote, the social and economic repercussions would be too great.

Vaccines have greatly reduced the spread and death rate.

The effects of Covid are far, far more severe than normal colds and flu.

Ok, so what do we expect to see as a result from this in 2 weeks from now then?  My guess is based on the historical data of the last 2 weeks of lockdowns and how well they performed.    So this will mean more lives destroyed, more businesses permanently closed, more mental distress because people cannot even walk around a park as they are inexplicably closed,  more suicides, more poverty, more undiagnosed treatable cancers, more people made homeless as they cannot make rent, more covid infections as the places where covid spreads a lot remain open such as factories and markets,  and since any outdoor space (that covid hates) has been closed, then people who are going to hang out together need to do so in one of covid's favourite venues, the unventilated indoor condo party!   

Congratulations to all involved in making the monumentally stupid decision to continue the exact same polices that have failed to make any difference for the last several months (at least to the virus) for yet another 2 weeks.   Slow hand clap.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lockdowns will not stop this viruses from spreading. Common sense hygiene and consideration of others will slow the spread of COVID. The UK and a hand full of states in America have implemented this approach and have seen no significant escalation in the virus. The small mom pop restaurants are suffering. The big chain restaurants are suffering, too. You can't set and enjoy a meal or pizza (I love pizza) for an afternoon or evening out with the family. Come in set down and keep your mask on until you begin to eat. Have you ever been in one of the big box stores standing in line at the checkout and someone stands right next to you now that is inconsiderate. My point here being LOCKDOWNS won't work.

Anyone remember about 14 months ago they said a 2 week lockdown was necessary to slow the spread and keep the healthcare system from overloading?  Well here we are, and how many “2 week” lockdown periods have their been?  So what is their end plan to stop the lockdowns and get things going again? 
I thought it was getting 70% of the population vaccinated but obviously that’s not it. Phuket is sealed off and everything restricted, Koh Tao is 80% vaccinated and still can’t drink at a restaurant or go to the bar. Need Covid tests to leave or come back. It’s betting to be a joke 

Every time measures like this are initially put in place they say 14 days, but it is NEVER 14 days. They say 14 days because they think people in general will swallow that number. Now they are saying ANOTHER 14 days because they still think people will swallow it. Immediate past performance is the best indicator of future performance. Expect this to continue on through AT LEAST September. I own a bar and am anticipating closure for the rest of the year under this incompetent regime.