Do You Often Dream about Meeting Someone from this Forum, in REAL LIFE? Or, might it be your Nightmare?

24 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I suspect that I might have somewhere along the way..... However, I would never think to ask anybody about what forums they are into online....

If the question happened to be raised I'd watch, learn, and listen before commenting....

A few years back, it seemed most of the foul, uncouth, bullying/fight provoking ones either dropped off or were culled out... 

Most of us on here just reflect the (semi ????) normal among us - sharing life's twisty, slippery, & unpredictable rocky road....Thai drivers and all.....

Where we live there are very few foreigners, and I have asked the question.

Only to be greeted with a blank stare and "what are you on about?"

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fangless said:

I think The Olde Bell on Loi Khroi was the last one to hold such an event where you were encouraged, but not forced to wear a name badge with your avatar.

I first met a well known poster on this forum there who turned out to be as kind and warm hearted in real life as their online persona.

I was there ......... nobody dared bring their educated, Chinese, hi-so, earn their own money, stunningly beautiful wives though.

Complete cock-fest, I ate as much of the free food as I could, then quickly moved on to the more entertaining girly bars.

Caught a flight to Siem Reap last year to party with another member for a week (banned now), the next night Thailand closed it's borders, so only spent one evening smoking pot in the hotel 'pot smoking pavilion' with him before running for the last flight back.

Also used to go drinking with Dave2 before he died, evenings in Loi Krow, mornings at the petrol station coffee shop (opposite Mad Dog). 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I was there ......... nobody dared bring their educated, Chinese, hi-so, earn their own money, stunningly beautiful wives though.

Complete cock-fest, I ate as much of the free food as I could, then quickly moved on to the more entertaining girly bars.

You appear to have a totally opposed memory of these events to my pleasant ones!

Maybe you had imbibed too much in the girly bars before your "attendance" or had too much later to properly recall the actual convivial get-togethers with fellow members!

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

How do you know you havnt met them ? If you have no contact with people possibly, but as its an anonymous forum you could well be talking to one on a regular basis and neither of you know the online persona.

I dont think everyone discusses their online activity with others.

I have met one or two over the years and some have become long term friends. Some I have known for many years here but never actually met.

Its also true in my experience that the online persona is not always a true reflection of the real person.

Judging a book by it cover (undercover?) comes to mind.

What about the bar in Bangkok where TV members could get discount if they showed they where active on TV some years ago? 

On 8/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, sipi said:

I've met a couple. One was mutual hate at first site. The other was a diamond in the rough.

There are a couple here who are welcome at our home anytime, you know who you are.

Most people don't like me online due to my brevity. In person I'm actually quite warm.

You are one person who I definitely would never vote for if they ever held another POTY.   Then again,  I am often known to say the opposite of what I really mean. 

I love Cha............... ahhh,  better not go there   ????

and oh....... I may be the only one who really met Yinn .     Interesting bloke  broad   ,    person.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 1:45 PM, jvs said:

There was Yinn?But after the cancellation of poty,she(he) decided to stop trolling.

this forum is like a thai beer,  poured in a tall glass and half filled with ice cubes.   anyone attempting

to make the drink a little stronger is harshly rebuked.   

Yinn , for some reason can not be talked about .

So,   nuff said

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:26 PM, fangless said:

You appear to have a totally opposed memory of these events to my pleasant ones!

Not really, it's all about our personal preferences.

You like to sit in a bar chatting to elderly white guys.

I like to sit in a bar, with young Thai women pressing against me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I dug up an old photo of you in your prime.............. jeeping those girls at Hot Shot 

2AHK22D.jpg

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

On 8/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, BritManToo said:

Also used to go drinking with Dave2 before he died, evenings in Loi Krow, mornings at the petrol station coffee shop (opposite Mad Dog). 

Was Dave 2  a young Thai Woman or was he an elderly White guy ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you enjoy your evening spent with Britman too in the Olde Bell ?

I hope not.

Are suggesting that I am a Ladyboy.  I can assure you I am not.  I have had the full set of operations and now go by the name of Ms Fangless!

Edited by fangless

There used to be a Thai Visa bar off lower Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok, and I went to the opening where I met several of the regular posters of the time.  They all seemed like nice, decent folk, with no rabid racists, bar girl haters or sex-pats to be seen.  I was slightly disappointed to be honest, everyone seemed so normal.

I suspect our on-line characters are as fictional as our on-line names - perhaps an exaggeration of our real character?

On 8/17/2021 at 2:10 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I believe that life online is a better life.

And, surely, a simpler and more wholesome life.

Not sure how many of us "authors" have attained much fame in life, but what I have found is that the famous people I have met in real life, a large % are a%% (o) and many are big  (  O  )

That said, I have met several of the "authors" on this forum dating back many years and have made some good friends.. if you are expecting authors, I think you might find yourself a bit disappointed 

On 8/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, Sparktrader said:

People r great when drunk. 

Really? or are you saying they look good through your drunken eyes...

I have some friends who you really can't tell when they are drunk, no personality change...

For the most part, drunks I have seen around are incredibly boring and very repetitive... 

Have to watch what your saying as it would be against forum rules to name any posters, but there is one poster I would like to meet only to ask him why he gives you a "like" for one post, then you give the same opinion on another post and he gives you a "saddo", this sort of thing goes on and on.

He gives reactions to my posts many times and gives me about an equal amount of "likes" and "saddos".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:01 AM, steven100 said:

oh god heaven's forbid ever meeting any of TV's bar stool judges that think they can run Thailand.

It gives me nightmares just thinking about it .....   Lol

I bet some of them could run Thailand better than your idol. :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, fangless said:

I think The Olde Bell on Loi Khroi was the last one to hold such an event where you were encouraged, but not forced to wear a name badge with your avatar.

I first met a well known poster on this forum there who turned out to be as kind and warm hearted in real life as their online persona.

I was going to say it could have been me, but I live very far away from Chaing Mai. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:27 AM, mahtin said:

On a bad day, sometimes putting one's self on one's ignore list appears attractive.

I never put anyone on my ignore list, if I don't like anyone, I want to see what they post so I can annoy them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1