Doctor tenders resignation after giving her sister extra jab - health official apologizes too

webfact

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I doesn't say that it was a full dose.

Pfizer has to be reconstituted, there may have been a minute about of extra diluent in the vial?

That is only my supposition about the 7th dose.

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

A farang acquaintance of mine has a doctor as a wife and both of them obtained, by whatever means, the AZ vaccine many months ago. He was quite proud of having been able to jump all the queues.  I though that the guy was a dick.  

If you can prove this, you can take it to the authorities perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Can you back that allegation with evidence?

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It states a 7th dose when there is only 6 in the vial

4 hours ago, robblok said:

She did not make a profit on this and did not use someone else his or her vaccine so its not that big of a deal IMHO. 

As a doctor she broke her ethical code and should lose her right to practice medicine.  Let this go and they'll all be doing it.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

As a doctor she broke her ethical code and should lose her right to practice medicine. 

It is a matter of ethics, however I do not feel sufficient to warrant deregistration. Counselling perhaps and performance review 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Almer said:

There is only 6 to a vial  where did no7 come from ?

Remember the vaccine is reconstituted dose is 0.3ml, so minute amount of extra diluent would/could provide the dose without affecting efficacy.

My thoughts only on your question

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Remember the vaccine is reconstituted dose is 0.3ml, so minute amount of extra diluent would/could provide the dose without affecting efficacy.

My thoughts only on your question

Thankyou

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

If you can prove this, you can take it to the authorities perhaps?

No way, being 'the grey man' here is a solid cast iron rule for me in Thailand. I have as little to do with the authorities here as its possible to have. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Almer said:

There is only 6 to a vial  where did no7 come from ?

There 6 nominal shots with some  residual. If this doctor had the initiative to use the dregs as an extra shot so be it.

You have directly made an accusation that the previous shots were shorted to obtain the  7th.

Evidence?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A load of my Wife’s friends received vaccines quite early on (April / May) because they were friends with someone in the medial profession.

The fact that a lot of hi-so’s and those with connections to friends and family in the medical profession have ‘jumped the queue’ and received vaccines ahead of others is widely known.

It certainly is very strange that an example is being made here - Its akin to showing faux-outrage when a policeman takes 200 baht by someone not wearing a helmet and the media is upset and shocked that such a thing happens... 

In Thailand, connections are everything. This is why everyoen is tring to scrable up the tree - to network. Its one reason why some parents choose the most expensive schools, but not necessarily the best schools. To rub shoulder with other priviledged families. It's the name of the game in LoS. 

15 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

There 6 nominal shots with some  residual. If this doctor had the initiative to use the dregs as an extra shot so be it.

You have directly made an accusation that the previous shots were shorted to obtain the  7th.

Evidence?

It was more a question but missing the question mark

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No its not but she got extra shots out of the dosages used it for family. I don't think its a huge crime compared with what the government has done.

But why pick her sister why not a front line worker.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ddc-justifies-plan-to-get-2-extra-doses-per-astrazeneca-vial

--  This story gives some information about Nurses managing to get 12 doses out of a 10-dose vial of Astra, using low-dead-space syringes (whereas in the Original-Story above, the Nurse managed to get 7 doses out of vial which the Manufacturer/Health-Professionals believe is sufficient for 5 doses when using "normal" syringes, and for 6 doses when using low-dead-space syringes).

Edited by andersonat

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Same as everyone wanting to protect family. We are not talking here about an individual that has taken a shot that was meant for someone else. But someone who used the what was left to help a family member. I am far harsher about those that take money and sell this stuff to people and make money out of it. 

There is an ethical dilemma though, irrespective 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So in reality we can get 7 dosses out of a bottle?

Why are we not already doing that?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I doesn't say that it was a full dose.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The article said that she used the dregs in the bottle after 6 doses, it didn't say that it was a full dose. It's unlikely that a six-dose bottle will hold exactly six doses, there's bound to be some extra to allow for evaporation, waste etc.   If there wasn't that extra there wouldn't necessarily be six complete doses in the bottle.

If she administered the prior six doses from the bottle knowing her mother would get the remaining vaccine, would you want to be one of those six prior persons?

Edited by 1duckyboy
  • Like 1