Expatvac replies...

Question please.

I registered at ExpatVac but also registered at our Local Hospital and a private hospital.

Now Friday I got the Pfizer vaccine through our local hospital.

How can I cancel Expatvac? Just don't respond to the SMS / Email?

Does someone has a contact number / email for them?

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Probably best to just ignore the SMS or email. If you were to show up for the Expatvac appointment you would probably be first asked to sign a piece of paper which amongst other things confirmed that you hadn't already received a COVID-19 jab in any event (based on my experience at Pattaya last Monday in connection with my initial Pfizer jab courtesy of the BCCT).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MJCM said:

Question please.

I registered at ExpatVac but also registered at our Local Hospital and a private hospital.

Now Friday I got the Pfizer vaccine through our local hospital.

Does someone has a contact number / email for them?

The confirmation of registration with expatvac stated this :

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration. “

So in theory if you don’t reply it will be cancelled.

In practice, expatvac don’t contact registrants and the appointment slots have been coming from hospitals directly via email, sms and phone calls .

So I would say you don’t need to do anything.

• Like 1

Don't know what's better: getting a reply or getting no further message at all.  I suspect my 'registration success' message was the first and last message I'll be receiving. I felt angry yesterday but, as a seasoned expat, I'm just laughing today really. I don't know if I'll either bother checking my email inbox from now on. Thailand is getting even more hit and miss these days.

9 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Don't know what's better: getting a reply or getting no further message at all.  I suspect my 'registration success' message was the first and last message I'll be receiving. I felt angry yesterday but, as a seasoned expat, I'm just laughing today really. I don't know if I'll either bother checking my email inbox from now on. Thailand is getting even more hit and miss these days.

Check your spam mail folder as well.

Anyone waiting for a reply from expatvac be aware that your reply will come directly from the local hospital or clinic.

It can come via email, sms or even a phone call.

Mine came via email but went straight to my spam folder, there was no official heading on the email ( just a regular Thai female name with many people copied ) but did turn out to be a bona fide appointment at my local hospital.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Anyone waiting for a reply from expatvac be aware that your reply will come directly from the local hospital or clinic.

It can come via email, sms or even a phone call.

Mine came via email but went straight to my spam folder, there was no official heading on the email ( just a regular Thai female name with many people copied ) but did turn out to be a bona fide appointment at my local hospital.

My Expatvac appointment went into my spam folder as well. I didn't see it for 10 hours until I checked it!

Edited by Chris.B
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So you finally got sorted @Chris B ??

In the last few days I have cancelled a Sinovac jab with the local area health team. Cancelled an AstraZenica jab arranged by the BCCT in Bangkok because of the 600 km round trip into the 'Infected Zones'. Then finally, on Friday a post prompted me to check my spam mail and I found an appointment email from the main provincial hospital through Expatvac. This is for Pfizer at Big C next week.

I am looking forward to seeing how many expats in Nakhon Sawan! ????

PS. The downside of having the jab in Big C is the wife will, no doubt, take full opportunity for a shopping trip! So, all though the jab is no charge, I doubt if my final bill will be under 5,000 baht! ☹️

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

In the last few days I have cancelled a Sinovac jab with the local area health team. Cancelled an AstraZenica jab arranged by the BCCT in Bangkok because of the 600 km round trip into the 'Infected Zones'. Then finally, on Friday a post prompted me to check my spam mail and I found an appointment email from the main provincial hospital through Expatvac. This is for Pfizer at Big C next week.

I am looking forward to seeing how many expats in Nakhon Sawan! ????

PS. The downside of having the jab in Big C is the wife will, no doubt, take full opportunity for a shopping trip! So, all though the jab is no charge, I doubt if my final bill will be under 5,000 baht! ☹️

Well that’s good news ( for you and your wife ???? ).

Also good news for those waiting for appointments from expatvac other than Bangkok and the bigger cities.

I registered when it started, got my reply and yesterday I got my appointment , took me by surprise but it states that they will decide on which vaccine I get on the day, thing is if it is one of the chinese ones I will just walk out and refuse it

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

I registered when it started, got my reply and yesterday I got my appointment , took me by surprise but it states that they will decide on which vaccine I get on the day, thing is if it is one of the chinese ones I will just walk out and refuse it

Doesn't sound like Expatvac. Are you 60+ ?

Edited by Chris.B

2 minutes ago, seajae said:

If they offer Sinovac followed four weeks later by AstraZeneca, be aware that this is a good combination (unlike Sinovac alone).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well that’s good news ( for you and your wife ???? ).

Also good news for those waiting for appointments from expatvac other than Bangkok and the bigger cities.

Thanks, yes I have seen posts from Chai Nat, Lopburi and Nakhon Sawan. ????

Edited by Chris.B

All good advice. 

I checked spam folders, SMS, call info and not a sausage.

Surat Thani is a strange place imo.

I'll get on to the enquiry email in a couple of weeks I guess. I'm not expecting much though.  I may move to Bangkok for a month or two as an alternative option.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, mommysboy said:

I've received various notifications of initial appointments (in triplicate so far!) by SMS out of the blue directly from the hospital in Pattaya performing the vaccinations - usually with a couple of days' notice if I'm lucky!

Edited by OJAS

59 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I received an email this morning confirming an appointment at MedPark hospital after registering with Expatvac on the first day it went live. No mention of which vaccine is to be administered..

If living in the Bangkok area this is best site to use. It has a list of hospitals with links to register directly to them. Med Park is one of them. https://thailandintervac.com/

The only for the North East is in Khon Kaen. Worthless info for most of us here Issan.

I registered on expat vac on the 1st and have not gotten anything yet.

The hospitals here have told people that they do not have any Pfizer other than for those working in high risk areas and it is the same for Astrazeneca. They are telling those 60 and  over it is Sinovac and then AZ.

25 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Still waiting.

I'm 73 with numerous health issues.

I guess the fit, under 60s need to be jabbed first.

Same for me at 71. The problem here appears to be that have not received the Pfizer vaccine for the expat vac registrations.

Update from post:  Expatvac replies... - Page 2 - Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits - ASEAN NOW

Heard nothing!

Yesterday a friend forwarded me an email received from the provincial health office for Pfizer jab this morning.

I went but was told I'm not on the list so ............

I went to the office (5 mins away) and explained the situation. They checked that the vaccination building had spare Pfizer, took my details and told me to return to the vaccination building and all will be good!

Within 30 mins I was vaccinated with Pfizer and given a follow up appointment for another Pfizer jab in 3 weeks!

For what it's worth, maybe a visit to your local health office can speed the process up and be more fruitful and informative.

It only costs a little time and patience. 

Good Luck.

• Like 2