COVID-19: Thailand reports another daily record of 312 new coronavirus deaths

webfact

In response to Thailand’s request, Australia has agreed to provide assistance in the supply of COVID-19 vaccines, with details to be worked out later, as leaders of the two countries discussed bilateral ties in a phone call this morning (Wednesday).

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/australia-to-help-thailand-with-covid-vaccine-as-pms-discuss-bilateral-ties/

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

In response to Thailand’s request, Australia has agreed to provide assistance in the supply of COVID-19 vaccines, with details to be worked out later, as leaders of the two countries discussed bilateral ties in a phone call this morning (Wednesday).

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/australia-to-help-thailand-with-covid-vaccine-as-pms-discuss-bilateral-ties/

I find this intersting as there is interstate bickering about vaccine distribution.

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

In response to Thailand’s request, Australia has agreed to provide assistance in the supply of COVID-19 vaccines,...........

Have no idea where vaccine would come from.

Au just grabbed 1 million doses from Poland as they search the world for supply.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Some more positive signs going forwards despite the increasing death rate. 
New cases down and vaccination daily dose rate indicate 70% of population could be double dosed within 6 months. 
New Sinovac purchase will support that target. 

Wishful thinking, They have been averaging 20k a day for one week not counting Rapid Tests

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phuket this evening are reporting  89 new cases, 2 Sandbox and 1 further death

Ouch. So how does the 2 positive in sandbox come about? 

What does this mean for restrictions in Phuket...nothing? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phuket this evening are reporting  89 new cases, 2 Sandbox and 1 further death

https://www.facebook.com/phuketinfocenter/posts/368499078138608

May be an image of text that says "PKCD 18 สถานการณ์โควิด-19 ส.ค. 64 (ระลอกเมษายน) จังหวัดภูเก็ต ผู้ติดเชื้อรายใหม่ รักษาตัวใน รพ. ในภูเก็ต ต่างประเทศ 847 89 ราย หายกลับบ้านวันนี้ 38 ราย เสียชีวิตวันนี้ ราย Phuket Sandbox 2 โครงการรับผู้ป่วยกลับบ้าน HRC= 36 ราย ติดใหม่= 1,392 ราย เสียชีวิตสะสม 16 กักตัวที่ศูนย์ดูแลโควิด- ผู้เข้าข่ายรายใหม่ 14 ชุมชน ยอดสะสม 281 ราย ผู้ติดเชื้อยืนยันสะสม 2,171 ราย สถานการณ์การใช้เตียง ของจังหวัดภูเก็ต จำนวนเตียงทั้งหมด ปริมาณการใช้เตียง 930 เตียง ตจว. 9 ตปท. 23 1,02% 24.84% 231 75.16% Phuket 60 ราย โครงการรับกลับ 38 ราย 699 ข้อมูลเดียงวันที่ 564 ข้อมูล ณ เวลา 20.00 น. วันที่ 18 สิงหาคม 2564 ส โทร 094-5938876, 062-2435116"

Oh dear, they are also reporting a further 14 positive cases from rapid tests that are not counted in the 89. One further death is not good news bringing the total up to 16 now.

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So the "doomsayers" have been proved right?  Not really something to gloat about.

Where in my post was I gloating?

I'm glad you have enough self awareness to know that you were included in that group I was referring to at least.

Also not surprised that instead of taking any ownership of the endless insults you made about us for merely speaking logically, you of course refuse to admit any wrongness when called out and take the "oh so you're happy to be right" approach

My 10 year old nephew is the same exact way when he's wrong about something.  Will do whatever he can to not admit it

• Like 2

A further study into the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines:

Covid vaccines still effective against Delta variant

Having two doses of Covid vaccine remains the best way to protect against the Delta variant, first identified in India and now dominant in the UK.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca jab, though initially less effective, offers the same high protection as the Pfizer-BioNTech after four to five months, the largest study of its kind suggests.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58257863

• Thanks 1