COVID-19: Thailand reports another daily record of 312 new coronavirus deaths

webfact

38 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I find it amazing that people (and especially people on this forum) would believe these vaccination numbers.

If you apply the same logic that many of us did to foresee the current situation then you arrive at only one conclusion….they are exaggerating the vaccination numbers as the one and only thing left to them to try and retain any credibility.

Credibility cop! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That 40%+ positive rate in the total tests done tells us a lot. COVID should be relatively hard to find, even during a large outbreak, that it's not suggests only one thing - it's far more widespread than they can ever detect.

The positive rate should be well under 10% based on what I've been reading since this thing started - and that's coming from the UK where we know they had an out of control widespred epidemic - just like we're seeing here.

Yep. Around 3% supported by real mass testing evidence, 70-80% of the population fully vaccinated and daily deaths in low to mid double figures with  hospital admissions and those in ICU way down and I would think things would be looking up. This is of course not the case in Thailand and is a very long way away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just now when clicking to register....

Screenshot_3.jpg.e1c875fee911ec5f14a24c531879c7d5.jpg

FWIW, I was talking to my Thai insurance agent a bit ago, and she said she'd been trying to register a foreign client on the site since 9 am this morning using that person's Myanmar passport number, and hasn't ever been able to get the CRA system to accept it.

That's why I indicated it was probably for Thais.  I tried and failed, was rejected for my Myanmar GF.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Also for foreign nationals but alas it looks like the first 20,000 have already registered.

I did try when I first saw the link and was summarily rejected for registering my GF who is from Myanmar.  It would not take a foreign registration.  Maybe it was already full....

Trees don’t grow to skies, even covid tree. No matter how doomsday predictors want them to grow infinitely, this wave will be over by October, with most people receiving natural vaccination from the live virus.

Now, doomsday predictions about economy have much more ground and staying power to last years and years. Economic misery will affect everyone directly or indirectly, including advocates for lockdowns and authoritarianism.

Edited by AnotherFarang8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I seem to remember some "doomsayers" (not my word!) were predicting a far worse doomsday scenario, on a par with India.  At least we can be grateful they were wrong about that.

If anything, if you allowed for population difference, today's figures for deaths in Thailand are far worse than anything India had. 300+ dead in Thailand equates to 6000+ dead in India. 

20k cases = 400k cases and so on....

• Thanks 2

The 70 year old Thai lady in Buriram was given Sinovac on the 24th of July as her first jab, when she returned on the 14th of August she was jabbed twice with Astrazenica, one in the left arm and one in the right arm.  She is on the Channel 3 news now explaining what happened, she looks to be a big strong woman.  She is not upset about it happening apparently, she just did not understand why she was jabbed twice on the same day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Police arrested 28 people, nine of them underage, for partying at a swanky resort in Bangkok’s Din Daeng district in the early hours of Wednesday. #Bangkok #party #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004859

Din Daeng seems an unlikely place for a resort, like alone a swanky one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

Corpses don't shed Covid. Why are the pallbearer dudes wearing body condoms?

You are joking right

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronavirus-reach-grave-deceased-body-transmits-covid-19/story?id=70144804

Scientists in Thailand have reported the first known case of COVID-19 infection from a dead person. The deceased was a forensic medical professional. Forensic pathologists, also known as medical examiners, evaluate dead bodies for a living, making it highly likely -- and sadly -- that this person became infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 from a dead person, the Thai scientists concluded.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

That 40%+ positive rate in the total tests done tells us a lot. COVID should be relatively hard to find, even during a large outbreak, that it's not suggests only one thing - it's far more widespread than they can ever detect.

The positive rate should be well under 10% based on what I've been reading since this thing started - and that's coming from the UK where we know they had an out of control widespred epidemic - just like we're seeing here.

A 40% positive rate is clearly absurd. Actual daily infections must several times more than reported. Since the official numbers are meaningless, the fact they are rolling over may also be meaningless. 

A team of Chula academics who set themselves the unviable task of taking samples from sewage in various parts of Bangkok last year found that the virus was continuously present in Bangkok crappers for all the months last year with zero cases.  So it was circulating at a low level causing unreported cases and then resurfaced.  Just before it resurfaced they detected a massive increase of viral load in the crappers.  I imagin the crappers are going beserk now but the lead researcher, who presented at the FCCT said the MoPH showed no interest whatsoever in their project which could be an early warning system for outbreaks. Only Phuket was interested for the sandbox. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More predictions with that crystal ball of his, notice he's stopped mentioning the opening up of all Thailand with no quarantine or measures in Oct for international tourists. That statement was made mid June.

PM says restrictions could be lifted next month amid signs of infection slowdown

Prayut said the infection rate will likely reach its peak this month before dropping in September. This would allow authorities to adjust the control measures and relax some restrictions on businesses and activities, he added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004867

Seems a decent summary and timeline.  I’m sure his crystal ball is probably as useful as the ones used by many on this forum in their predictions. 

Edited by Kadilo

Just now, Kadilo said:

Seems a decent summary and timeline.  I’m sure his crystal ball is probably as useful as the ones used by many on this forum in their predictions. 

Yes of course open up to all vaxxed tourists with no qurantine in Oct. 

No words........but does display a lack of logic and reality

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes of course open up to all vaxxed tourists with no qurantine in Oct. 

No words........but does display a lack of logic and reality

Maybe not your reality, but the reality is it is likely to happen in one shape or another.  

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You are joking right

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronavirus-reach-grave-deceased-body-transmits-covid-19/story?id=70144804

Scientists in Thailand have reported the first known case of COVID-19 infection from a dead person. The deceased was a forensic medical professional. Forensic pathologists, also known as medical examiners, evaluate dead bodies for a living, making it highly likely -- and sadly -- that this person became infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 from a dead person, the Thai scientists concluded.

To quote Santana, one tear don't make no river. 

We are deep into this millions dead, and only Thailand (a Covid <deleted> exemplar) comes up with this?

I will wait for much more external supporting evidence.

Corpses don't shed INHALED/EXHALED viruses, Covid is not a "body" shedding thing, no sores.

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Government must invest in second-generation vaccines or fall behind again, official says

Officials inside the Ministry of Public Health are petitioning the Prayut Chan-ocha administration and the Minister of Public Health to invest in second-generation vaccines for 2022.

Officials have grown increasingly concerned in the previous weeks that Thailand is playing a catchup game in its acquisition of Covid-19 vaccines even as the government goes ahead with purchases of “first-generation” vaccines – which may be obsolete by as early as mid next year.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/31405/government-must-invest-in-second-generation-vaccines-or-fall-behind-again-official-says/

Vaccines beginning with S are probably obsolete now.

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe not your reality, but the reality is it is likely to happen in one shape or another.  

Possibly, and with one set of rules for tourists versus those living here in Thailand including the Thais.  

Restaurant Customer: Can I get a glass of wine with my dinner please.

Waitress/Waiter: Sure but first show me your passport and your Sandbox papers showing your a tourist.

Restaurant Customer: Sure no problem, here you go.

Waitress/Waiter: Okay sir you must sit over here as you will be treated differently than a local sitting over there (points to an area filled with locals

Restaurant Customer: Oh so I am being treated as a VIP.

Waitress/Waiter: Yes sir, they can not drink in the restaurant but you can......

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

I hope you all realise an unnamed Thai/Chinese salim owns a 15% stake in Sinovac?

And which I have had, as have thousands of overseas guests up in CM, but it's not like we had a choice.

Tho I'm not so unhinged that I think it will do more harm than good.

After all, the last thing the CCP would want is to willingly kill off their own cannon-fodder and factory-slaves!

The deputy spokesperson for the CCSA explained that the reason for the purchase of an additional 12 million doses of Sinovac vaccine to mix with AstraZeneca was because Johnson & Johnson can’t deliver within the 4th quarter of this year https://sanook.com/news/8428950 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1427950884445511689

and the article from the main news section.  I know which story I believe.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Possibly, and with one set of rules for tourists versus those living here in Thailand including the Thais.  

Restaurant Customer: Can I get a glass of wine with my dinner please.

Waitress/Waiter: Sure but first show me your passport and your Sandbox papers showing your a tourist.

Restaurant Customer: Sure no problem her you go.

Waitress/Waiter: Okay sir you must sit over here as you will be treated differently than a local sitting over there (points to an area filled with locals

Restaurant Customer: Oh so I am being treated as a VIP.

Waitress/Waiter: Yes sir, they can not drink in the restaurant but you can......

This is also evident in Sukhumvit pre-pan, where bars opened at 11am (if they ever closed) and rage all night until whenever the boss paid the BiB to turn a blind eye. 

One of the few "rules" where tourists are treated preferentially normally.

But of course, it's the bottom line that matters.

Except when bossing and bullying the "buffalo' people, then, bossing trumps the baht.

Chinese style communism, frankly, is starting to look good. It comes with all the same <deleted> "moral laws" against any form of free-agency or fun, but at least they are consistent!

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The deputy spokesperson for the CCSA explained that the reason for the purchase of an additional 12 million doses of Sinovac vaccine to mix with AstraZeneca was because Johnson & Johnson can’t deliver within the 4th quarter of this year https://sanook.com/news/8428950 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1427950884445511689

The blame-game is a fine art here. They screwed up royally, pardon the pun, with the AZ deal, and they failed to prepare a plan "B" because they are arrogant and pig-<deleted> stupid. There is NO excuse, they <deleted> up and they need to wear it! They know they did, or there would be no talk of "amnesty" for their corrupt useless old butts.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

6 weeks to see if you are right or wrong. What does one shape or another mean? An honest question as this to me in relation to openning up Thailand in October is very vague. Can you elucidate please.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sorry that is just ridiculous. Your crystal ball needs polishing. But if you insist, what way "shape or another" do you envisage the whole of Thailand opening up to tourists in Oct? What would be the measures if any? What needs to be achieved first? How will it be achieved, hope is not enough. Its just words.

Here is his quote:

Thailand plans to fully reopen to vaccinated foreign visitors by mid-October as the government seeks to restart the crucial coronavirus-devastated tourism industry, the prime minister announced Wednesday.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said fully inoculated foreign visitors and returning Thai citizens must be allowed entry “without quarantine or other inconvenient restrictions,” and that his goal is to open up the country within 120 days.

He's not mentioned it since.

He also said it's a gamble that needs to be taken. Haven't heard if he's said he lost the bet. Plenty of lives he gambled with certainly have lost. By plenty of people I mean millions. 

• Like 1