Thailand’s ‘mix and match’ vaccine policy creates hurdles for people travelling to UK, EU

snoop1130

They are still a lot of don't knows ,if I get jabed this year ,say a Chines job ,then a AZ ,say I do not go back to the UK for 18 months ,by then I might have had  a booster jab  ,say AZ ,will that cancel out the first Chines Job, and I will not need to quarantine ,and what if a fourth jab is needed ,some reports say it is needed,  again say AZ, would I need to quarantine.

As I said so much we do not know.

Another irrelevant thread, mix and match is not an issue, it wouldn't matter if you had 2 doses of AZ or anything else, the problem is still there.

The UK, EU and US have made an arrangement among themselves over reciprocal recognition and many are complaining about the ability to police that arrangement.

It will be years, if ever, before emerging economies will get to join the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Mix and Match vaccines will cause a tenuous situation for anyone who decides to travel.  Quarantine will be the norm as well as the allowing of only vaccinated folks into certain locations including restaurants, movie theatres, bars, and many other venues in the not so distant future I am afraid.  However, that is my view, but one I have heard echoed in reports from Governments throughout the world.

Apparently, only allowing vaccinated folks into certain locations is already the norm in France.  I was told this yesterday by my cousin who lives there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If you do go, simple, get a booster of AZ, Pfizer, J & J when it becomes available or Moderna. 

You made the right decision at the time, your covered.

Yes. I was offered the Sinovac so just went for it. And since my post I thought the same ie a booster AZ that would mean I've had 2 AZ's.+i Sinovac.

Or do you think getting a booster of Moderna, J&J, or Pfizer would be okay on top of a Sinovac/AZ?  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Yes. I was offered the Sinovac so just went for it. And since my post I thought the same ie a booster AZ that would mean I've had 2 AZ's.+i Sinovac.

Or do you think getting a booster of Moderna, J&J, or Pfizer would be okay on top of a Sinovac/AZ?  

I am not up to speed with the mix and matches on the vaccines, but have heard the Sinovac at first, then followed by AZ is what people are offered, that said, when it comes to a booster, I think AZ will suffice.

As I have already paid for Moderna which is due in October, if I get the Pfizer, I will stick with the mRNA vaccines and take Moderna as a booster next year if they allow me to put it back which I don't see it to be a problem.

• Like 2