Father of Thai teenager shot on Monday files complaint with police

snoop1130

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1SG8WaLAGuQ4v3hC0pCJDylwEw-768x576.jpg

The father of a teenager, shot on Monday near Din Daeng Police Station, filed a complaint with the police today (Thursday), demanding that the culprit be brought to justice.

The 14-year-old, who was shot in the shoulder, is now safe and will be discharged from hospital today, said Choonhavan Homya, his father.

Though the incident took place around the same time as the violent anti-government protests on Monday, the victim believes he was shot by some other teenagers, who were not involved in the demonstration.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/father-of-teenage-thai-protester-shot-on-monday-files-complaint-with-police/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

My friend living in the war zone at that time told me the same, during the day they showed slingshots and during the night they moved the real weapons around. BBC shame on you, I stopped watching them and found out that during that period Al Jazeera was closer to the facts without taking sides.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is also another factor to take into account. The Royalists.

They have shown in the past that they are happy to take a loaded weapon to a peaceful demonstration and have fired it at demonstrators.

Also, last year, there were all of the 'demonstrators' that had military styled haircuts and military style boots. All males.

All is not what it seems (...)

True. Remember the 'Black Shirts' from years ago, who, suddenly turned up, mixing up the colour spectrum?

Which 'side' fired the shot is irrespective in a way, but why people HAVE to go to the cops when a crime is committed here before any action is taken is more to the point, in the real world, the cops would already be investigating. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, tomazbodner said:

Of course, watching BBC and CNN, they both reported how the nasty army was attacking peaceful, unarmed country folks...

They were just getting their info from AP and AP was getting info from pro-Thaksin sources. ABC in Australia also got it from AP. I remember during the Ramkaengham Uni protests, ABC reported that the anti-government rioters attacked the red shirt buses with one person shot dead. They made it sound like the anti-government protesters shot someone when it was them who were fired upon and one of them who was shot dead.

1 hour ago, wprime said:

They were just getting their info from AP and AP was getting info from pro-Thaksin sources. ABC in Australia also got it from AP. I remember during the Ramkaengham Uni protests, ABC reported that the anti-government rioters attacked the red shirt buses with one person shot dead. They made it sound like the anti-government protesters shot someone when it was them who were fired upon and one of them who was shot dead.

Actually it was unpleasant time at that time. Thai TV channels were showing live shootouts and I was watching them, side by side with BBC or CNN... That way about 5-7 seconds after hearing the noise of something hitting my walls, I could see on TV what hit me... It was somewhat surreal feeling...

But one particular episode was with BBC reporting live.... I had Channel 7 I think on half of the screen and BBC on the other... the audio was of BBC... After a while I got confused. Because what the English voice was saying was description of exactly what the Thai TV was showing. Almost like if BBC journalist was just watching Thai TV and commenting what he saw pretending to be at the center of the happening, but in reality not even understanding what was going on and the context of it, he was just describing what Thai TV crew captured on camera.

As someone mentioned Al Jazeera before... Yes, they did have by far the most unbiased reporting but I still think their journalist was nuts. He put himself in a ditch under expressway, camera up to record around him, while the 2 sides at different side of expressway were shooting at each other... or rather both shooting at him. And he did that live. Now that kind of reporting is showing the real thing, but darn it, has that man got some balls of steel to do what he did. That was somewhere on Vibhavadi Rangsit... hard to remember now, it's been a decade. But the images still remain in my memory...