Thai Doctor given 4th dose with Pfizer vaccine to enter Canada without being quarantined

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, Misty said:

So it does.  Boondoggle, maybe.  And can Thai doctors "work" in Canada?

Probably, if the doctor's paperwork is correct - do we know if the doctor perhaps originally is educated in US or Canada? - it might also be that "work" means attending a medical conference, which for example about the potential from mixed Covid-vaccinations...????

28 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Probably, if the doctor's paperwork is correct - do we know if the doctor perhaps originally is educated in US or Canada? - it might also be that "work" means attending a medical conference, which for example about the potential from mixed Covid-vaccinations...????

Yes, could be.  And I guess it's great that at least he can travel. 

I'll admit I'm not feeling very generous. I'd be feeling more generous towards the good doctor if I'd received even one of those many vaccines.  Also if Thai Immigration weren't essentially closed and unable to process NonImm B extensions, preventing any travel. 

Somehow even a medical conference just sounds like a boondoggle.

20 hours ago, tingtong said:

Look at it this way:

He is doing a service to Thailand as a volunteer guinea pig for the vaccine mix and match project.

He's a doctor. Can he jab himself (phantom shot) and fill in the paperwork?. Just checking one possibility.

The doctor is a lucky guy, and I hope he has success in his travels.   There is lots

of people around the world who did not get a vaccine, and who have died. There are

also some anti vaxxers, who have not caught COVID, and who can still be carriers

to spread the virus around. I had had my 2 shots, and am just waiting to be sick with the delta variant,

as the news is out that most of us will be getting sick sometime in the future.  Yet on the Canadian news tonight in

Calgary, there are about 50 people who are anti vaxxers and are protesting a covid passport, as they

think that it infringes on their freedom. Idiots all. in my opinion.

Geezer

10 hours ago, DavisH said:

It could be a meeting or conference. Who cares?

Seems unlikely. Meetings and conferences are done online in this environment. 

Many others are waiting for even a first vaccine, and for the chance to travel. 

As a US tax payer, I care how the Pfizer donation is used - or misused.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 7:20 AM, bkk6060 said:

Also, he is obviously a Doctor, but I read some where that taking too much of any vaccine can create an opposite reaction in your body that it actually may stop making antibodies.

A doctor in Thailand is not the same as a doctor in other countries, nowhere near the same knowledge of simple medical facts. 

Doctors in my country, Scotland are probable the best in the world; there wouldn't be vaccines with us! 

• Confused 1