Two seriously injured after two vehicle accident at a Phan Thong intersection

Jonathan Fairfield

231690387_1001742190366974_6619640871866171146_n.jpeg

Two people have sustained serious injuries after a sedan plunged into a motorbike at an intersection in the Phan Thong District.

The Phan Thong Police were notified of the accident earlier this week at the Marb Pong Intersection in Marb Pong.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a sedan crashed against a wall and a damaged motorbike on the road.

The motorbike driver, Mr. Jaroen Ritkratoak, 33, and the sedan driver Mr. Somkuan Supan, 49, had both sustained serious injuries.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/21/two-seriously-injured-after-two-vehicle-accident-at-a-phan-thong-intersection/

PattayaNews.jpg

“I was passing through the intersection during a green light when Mr. Somkuan’s vehicle crashed into me, running the light.”

Translation: "I was running a light which had just changed to red, unfortunately I wasn’t going fast enough for the car behind which was also running the red light”....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

“I was passing through the intersection during a green light when Mr. Somkuan’s vehicle crashed into me, running the light.”

Translation: "I was running a light which had just changed to red, unfortunately I wasn’t going fast enough for the car behind which was also running the red light”....

So you were there. Any photos or video? Or maybe only one vehicle ran the light as the biker said, and you made the rest up, Why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Would be interested to know how he intended to get out of the parking space.

Jeeesh, with a 500 baht 'Get Out of Parking Free Card' ,  keep up.....???? sorry...

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

why? because its a forum designed for discussion, comments, opinions, ideas debate. 

If you don’t want comments, read a news site !!! 

Anyone who has been here any length of time has seen how cars speed up as the countdown for the lights approaches zero... we have all seen the number of cars jumping lights seconds after its turned red. 

I’m always astonished how many cars follow me through an amber light (often 4 or 5 !!!) and the speed up and get right up close behind.... to squeeze through the light. 

True about red light experiences. But opinions given in a forum should surely be based on fact, not a statement based on what could have occurred because it's happened elsewhere. You might be right, but there is no evidence that any such event took place.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

True about red light experiences. But opinions given in a forum should surely be based on fact, not a statement based on what could have occurred because it's happened elsewhere. You might be right, but there is no evidence that any such event took place.

Oh don’t know... my opinion is that your comment was somewhat pedantic, whether or not that is fact is debatable. 

I do think you are missing the point of a discussion forum.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s far too complicated! Here we only think one step ahead. That part comes when it´s time.

Easily solved by the next lorry jumping the light or watching his phone has he passes the junction and shunts the car off the rail....

.... Apologies, Bazza.... thats not a fact.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh don’t know... my opinion is that your comment was somewhat pedantic, whether or not that is fact is debatable. 

I do think you are missing the point of a discussion forum.

You could be right. But I see nothing wrong in being accurate. I'm a journalist, so perhaps that is more important to me than sometimes for others ????. Now, if you had begun your post with 'Or perhaps...

Pro forma, the Latin phrase which means "for the sake of form", is the basic principle of Thai driving regulations and general Thai law. Pro forma is applied in both the formation of law, the way in which law is enforced, and the way in which Thais live their daily lives. That's why many foreigners struggle with Thai concepts of constant fluidity and change  - I suspect that those of us who enjoy and are good at dancing get along better in Thailand than non-dancers.

As long as you understand that red lights, green lights, traffic lane lines, stop signs, railway signs, no parking signs, speed limit signs ad infinitum  are merely there for the sake of having them there, and not rules to be abided by, you'll do OK.

Me thinks I consumed too much ouzo and yoghurt last night.