COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

webfact

Most cases today are in #Bangkok (3,497), followed by Samut Sakhon (1,396), Samut Prakan (1,296), Chonburi (1,025), Nonthaburi (781), Ratchaburi (566), Nakhon Pathom (413) and Ayutthaya (406).

* Numbers include inmates

#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1429610519393030145

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trend looks pretty good, obviously shelter-in-place works.

But what are the guidelines/thresholds for lifting restrictions?

And I'm not certain the recent vaccination numbers (five days over 500,000, with two days over 600,000) will hold?

So it feels like there's nothing to prevent another wave?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism industry is now struggling to survive and trying to shift from mass tourism to attracting more quality visitors.

Why have 10 tourists spending $1,000 each, when you can have 1 quality tourist spending $10,000 on their own?!!  Now if we could just find someone willing to pend $10,000 in Thailand...

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

They shouldn't be included if you want to keep the data of consistent quality. Rapid antigen test kits are notoriously unreliable and need a follow-up PCR test to confirm.

Or at least if you're going to include them, they should be listed separately. But then I suppose you'd have to remove them if the PCR test comes back negative - so again you'd be having problems with data consistency, numbers going up and down etc.

Best sticking to one standard of measurement, if you ask me.

Even if there were 20% false positives that still leaves 5,600 positives. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Trying now to register for Moderna at Bangkok Hospital, Chiang Mai.  Getting consistent database errors.  Their server is swamped.  The nightmare continues and will continue as Thailand is going to reopen soon.   I wish I could trust the apparent reduction in cases but with the continual decline in testing numbers, segregation of data for political purposes, and general lack of transparency who knows what the truth really is.  image.png.53a9cfd393e8840635e4beb755711c65.png 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

They shouldn't be included if you want to keep the data of consistent quality. Rapid antigen test kits are notoriously unreliable and need a follow-up PCR test to confirm.

Or at least if you're going to include them, they should be listed separately. But then I suppose you'd have to remove them if the PCR test comes back negative - so again you'd be having problems with data consistency, numbers going up and down etc.

Best sticking to one standard of measurement, if you ask me.

In a perfect world where they would confirm a rapid test by a pcr test yes. But his is Thailand and they don't so you will have to count them. That is the problem in this country they want the number to look good. Anyway i keep looking at the amount of people on ventilators and icu that gives a far better number. But because death rates lag behind we can't really use them but if they are the same in a week then someone is telling lies.

Lets hope for once that the Thai government is not fudging the numbers and lying it would be a miracle but a welcome one. Nobody wants this to last forever. I want my freedom back.

Its just that i dont trust any Thai government anymore after.. Bangkok wont flood there wont be flood and my house flooded (something they could have een comming with small planes and the like). So even if they have information to the contrary they only release it if they can't deny it.

• Sad 1

And one reason that the demand today is so high in Chiang Mai right now for the Moderna vaccine is that all the Thai people I know in my neighborhood will not take Sinovac.  And if you don't take Sinovac you are locked out of the WallofChiangMai website.  And then you have nothing.  So in reality it looks like next year until a sufficient supply of vaccine is available here.   It would be so nice to see actual vaccine orders, shipments, SB production numbers and a real plan to vaccinate Thailand.  Right now is a spontaneous exercise of missed opportunity.

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Today’s numbers seem to back up one of the reports over the weekend comparing Thailands Delta outbreak with that of India. 

A6832369-D651-4D32-9080-E976230BE3C6.jpeg

When I first read about the Thai government comparing their curve to India’s  last week I just knew what would happen…the order has been made “make our curve look like India’s”….and so shall it be.

My money says we will see 16K inflections tomorrow…although given how brazen these guys are I could see $15K…basically whatever it takes to make the Thai curve match the Indian curve.

Edited by Marvin Hagler
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

deaths is the only reliable number to use when trying to figure out if things are getting better.  still getting some higher than average daily death numbers but the peak could be forming right now.  we need to stay out of the 300 range and get back below 200 in the next week or two.  that'll show a peak on the charts.

unfortunately, there will likely be another surge but hopefully the death numbers in that one will be mitigated by the uptake in vaccinations.

• Like 1