COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

webfact

3 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

When I first read about the Thai government comparing their curve to India’s  last week I just knew what would happen…the order has been made “make our curve look like India’s”….and so shall it be.

My money says we will see 16K inflections tomorrow…although given how brazen these guys are I could see $15K…basically whatever it takes to make the Thai curve match the Indian curve.

Yeah there’s obviously collusion between the government, BP, India,  and who knows how many others involved to make these numbers seem real. 

Im sure someone else will come along to back up your conspiracy as we can’t have good news spoil anyone’s day can we. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

When I first read about the Thai government comparing their curve to India’s  last week I just knew what would happen…the order has been made “make our curve look like India’s”….and so shall it be.

My money says we will see 16K inflections tomorrow…although given how brazen these guys are I could see $15K…basically whatever it takes to make the Thai curve match the Indian curve.

just focus on the deaths.  it is harder to 'manipulate' that curve.  there are always more cases than get reported via the testing program.  in most countries, the death curves are very similar, not just india versus thailand.  there are a few charts that look different but the vast majority look roughly the same, straight up and straight down over a 2-3 month period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah there’s obviously collusion between the government, BP, India,  and who knows how many others involved to make these numbers seem real. 

Im sure someone else will come along to back up your conspiracy as we can’t have good news spoil anyone’s day can we. 

No need to read the figures.Just focus on the headline photo.Old morgue pics things are coming good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At last, it really does look we are over the peak.  But how long before there can be some (gentle!) relaxation of the partial lockdown - September?  At least start with re-opening parks and pools, hairdressers and allowing some 'distanced' dining-in for restaurants.

I would expect them to follow the data and if it continues to look positive then announce some relaxation next month. 

Then monitor again and further relax etc whilst the vaccine rollout continues at pace. 

A report on another running thread says of supplies keep coming they could have things back to ‘normalcy’ even sooner  See below:

“At this rate, the red zone provinces will reach herd immunity in November. If Covid-19 vaccine supplies keep up, if we can get more vaccines and expand our capacity we may even be able to resume normalcy by October,” 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

They shouldn't be included if you want to keep the data of consistent quality. Rapid antigen test kits are notoriously unreliable and need a follow-up PCR test to confirm.

Or at least if you're going to include them, they should be listed separately. But then I suppose you'd have to remove them if the PCR test comes back negative - so again you'd be having problems with data consistency, numbers going up and down etc.

Best sticking to one standard of measurement, if you ask me.

There is up to a 5% false positive ratio as stated by Thai health officials, however even less than that according to international guidelines, th. So they are very accurate. They are used as as official numbers in England and many other countries. You are more likely to have a false negative with an antigen test as they are generally less sensitive.

The specificity of antigen tests is generally as high as most NAATs, which means that false positive test results are unlikely when an antigen test is used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. 

In fact according to peer reviewed studies some antigen tests are accurate enough to replace RT-PCR

Diagnosing the covid-19 requires all tools available, this is an excellent tool that is now finally being used, of course the results should be included.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I would expect them to follow the data and if it continues to look positive then announce some relaxation next month. 

Then monitor again and further relax etc whilst the vaccine rollout continues at pace. 

A report on another running thread says of supplies keep coming they could have things back to ‘normalcy’ even sooner  See below:

“At this rate, the red zone provinces will reach herd immunity in November. If Covid-19 vaccine supplies keep up, if we can get more vaccines and expand our capacity we may even be able to resume normalcy by October,” 

Those are some pretty big "ifs".   "If the supply keeps up, if we can get more vaccines"..... well, of course it will be great.  But what if they can't?  

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I don't believe it 

There are lies, damned lies, statistics - these are statistics showing PCR tests and not ATK tests. 

We all know Covid delta is ripping through Thailand.

But I am pretty sure these represent the PCR tests (not the infection level in Thailand)

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Love those quotes from an anonymous source....

“At this rate, the red zone provinces will reach herd immunity in November. If Covid-19 vaccine supplies keep up, if we can get more vaccines and expand our capacity we may even be able to resume normalcy by October,” said the public health official who asked for anonymity."

Normalcy in Oct for red zone provinces.....mmmmm optimistic or sheer reckless statements, considering that majority of vaccines used so far are Sinovac and for herd immunity to be reached with that would take far more than 70%

Plenty of quotes from anonymous people posting on here supporting all sorts of conspiracy theories that people seem to believe. 

We can all choose to believe it or not. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

They shouldn't be included if you want to keep the data of consistent quality. Rapid antigen test kits are notoriously unreliable and need a follow-up PCR test to confirm.

Or at least if you're going to include them, they should be listed separately. But then I suppose you'd have to remove them if the PCR test comes back negative - so again you'd be having problems with data consistency, numbers going up and down etc.

Best sticking to one standard of measurement, if you ask me.

Yes stick to one data stream as it is easier to manipulate by "accident" by switching ATK (then go home say the doctors) with PCR (we have to admit you). So PCR cases fall - woopee aren't we wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I believe it's "due to the gloriously fantastic vaccination efforts, we are now moving at twice the speed light towards 300% of population....."

When one is auditioning for a spot on the North Korean Govt Media Team, no hyperbole is too much.

I am going to report Thailand to Einstein (I know he is dead but I will try necromancy) - tell him  that Thailand can travel faster than light. Naughty them. 

Just now, wordchild said:

well the Thai stock market seems to believe that things are getting better, market is pretty strong today (plus 1%) with the banks notably strong, Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn both up 5%   

They must all be in on it as well ????

• Haha 1

It seems to be dropping in all of Asia, it did in India, so I am hopeful that this is indeed falling.  This is still weekend numbers but given another week we can hopefully say this is flatlined, or a real expert outside of the forum can call that.  (no expert here)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

It seems to be dropping in all of Asia, it did in India, so I am hopeful that this is indeed falling.  This is still weekend numbers but given another week we can hopefully say this is flatlined, or a real expert outside of the forum can call that.  (no expert here)

Oh there are, there are anonymous experts that predict herd immunity in Oct. The rest of your post I do agree.

Edited by Bkk Brian

8 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Not al deaths will be recorded - imagine staying at home after a ATK test - a death, a quick funeral - no reporting this as a covid death. No process to report it. Possibly why Thailand has such a low death rate per infection. 

This is not hiding deaths (not a government conspiracy) just how it is.

Not sure the monks would agree with you!

• Like 2