pfizer expatvac

zxzx

1 hour ago, ClaySmc said:

My experience with the expatvac website was similar to Klauskunkel's, except the day I received the appointment, I received 6 duplicates of the reservation. By that time after waiting a week and not hearing anything, I had also tried the Thailandintervac website and received an email appointment from Bangkok Hospital (Bangkok) within 3 days, and a confirmation, but no appointment from Bumrungrad until this past Friday (SMS message). So eventually I had multiple options, but had to wait a few weeks for two of them to get back with reservations.
I'm in the over 60 group.

I just received an SMS from Bumrungrad for a Pfizer appointment on Thursday (2 days from now). No email.

The SMS says it is through Thailand Intervac. I've signed up at over 6 places easily... I can't keep them all straight. I think I signed up at Bumrungrad 7-10 days ago.

I'm 49, American, no underlying conditions.

Registered on 3rd August with Expatvac and unable to  add both passport and visa,  so even though my registration was accepted, I assumed I would be rejected..          My wife then   got onto St Marys private hospital in Korat City, registered  both her and I there, for Moderna vaccine.  Paid, up front, 6,600 baht for  two   needles each.   will be advised in September when  Moderna  arrives there.

Now, last night, Monday 23, got an email from Maha Hospital in Korat re my expatvac  registration,,,to attend Central Shopping Mall   10am to 1pm today, Tuesday 14th, for Pfizer vaccination........Attended,      hundreds and hundreds there, mainly Thais getting 2nd dose of Sinopham..    Fairly well organised, except  questionaire in Thai, so  guessed at the answers,   Vacinations started at 10.15,   after one doze of Pfizer, and 30 minute wait , I was  out by  11.22am

St Marys Hospital  tells me I can change the name  for my  date,  my stepdaughter   can have  the M oderna, but I want  3,300 baht  back??

I registered on August 1st and received an email yesterday at 2pm August 23 informing me that I should go to have my injection today August 24 from 8.30am. Unfortunately the hospital was not named and so I sent an email asking where and at 5pm got the reply Hua Hin hospital. Been today vaccinated with Pfizer and my next appointment is 16th September 

I registered on 2 August upon seeing the FB ad for the ex-patvac in Chiang Mai.  After successfully registering (I am 74) the email accepting my registration indicated that they would send me an

email on 10-11 Aug confirming date, place and time for the first Pfizer jab.  That email finally came

on 19 Aug, appointment at McCormick hospital, 930 on 20 Aug.  I confirmed said date, place and

time and showed up at 9AM on 20 Aug.  Tons of ex-pats of many nations there and seems both

the expatvac's and Chiang Mai wall ex-pats that had registered were there.  Talking to several,

some got SMS's, others email like me.  It was well organized with plenty of McCormick admin

folks keeping the queues moving.  I was there less than an hour including the 30-min wait after

the shot.  No problems so far other than a sore shoulder for 2 days.  I go next month on the 10th

for the second jab.  I am surprised that so few have mentioned that they got their jabs this past

week.  I thank the US for donating this Pfizer, the Thai govt for arranging the jabs for free, and

the well-organized carrying out of the activity.  I think some of the delay was due to the numbers

of people that registered or tried to register.  The ad I read said age between 60 to 74 and/or 7 

diseases compromising one's immune system but from the numbers reported, two thirds were

under 60, most were in the Bangkok area (they have been giving free shots there for quite a

while) so it took Chiang Mai a long time to coordinate between the two registration venues.  This

is my opinion anyway.  I do hope everyone gets a shot or two so they can control this variant.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malthebluff said:

Got acknowledgement email that I'm successfully regestered on 1st august and to wait for email for appointment then nothing I'm in surat thani age over 60

Same here Surin.

7 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I registered on 2 August upon seeing the FB ad for the ex-patvac in Chiang Mai.  After successfully registering (I am 74) the email accepting my registration indicated that they would send me an

email on 10-11 Aug confirming date, place and time for the first Pfizer jab.  That email finally came

on 19 Aug, appointment at McCormick hospital, 930 on 20 Aug.  I confirmed said date, place and

time and showed up at 9AM on 20 Aug.  Tons of ex-pats of many nations there and seems both

the expatvac's and Chiang Mai wall ex-pats that had registered were there.  Talking to several,

some got SMS's, others email like me.  It was well organized with plenty of McCormick admin

folks keeping the queues moving.  I was there less than an hour including the 30-min wait after

the shot.  No problems so far other than a sore shoulder for 2 days.  I go next month on the 10th

for the second jab.  I am surprised that so few have mentioned that they got their jabs this past

week.  I thank the US for donating this Pfizer, the Thai govt for arranging the jabs for free, and

the well-organized carrying out of the activity.  I think some of the delay was due to the numbers

of people that registered or tried to register.  The ad I read said age between 60 to 74 and/or 7 

diseases compromising one's immune system but from the numbers reported, two thirds were

under 60, most were in the Bangkok area (they have been giving free shots there for quite a

while) so it took Chiang Mai a long time to coordinate between the two registration venues.  This

is my opinion anyway.  I do hope everyone gets a shot or two so they can control this variant.

Good luck!

CM wall has me for Wednesday 9am Same hospital

i am italian 74 year and i stay in Pattaya I registered last week with Burumgrad hospital that told me

my booking is handled by Expatvac and i have received now 3 sms , one per day , to be there at their hospital at 1.30pm on 25 august , tomorrow

Finger crossed

Here is some good news.

The UK ambassader just posted a video which included an email for expatvac queries

[email protected]

My previous post expressed concern that my provincial hospital don't have my name on the list they are sending out to registrants from now, so I emailed to see if they could confirm that it will be ok and I will hear soon.

Almost imediate reply (not an automated one)

Reply:

I checked and could confirm that your registration has been approved. You will be sent an appointment details once your vaccine has been allocated by the Ministry of Public Health.

I will also coordinate with our colleagues at the Ministry of Public Health and resend your registration for them to allocate your vaccine promptly.

Thank you for your patience

Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Kingdom of Thailand

Things are looking up ????

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

I live in Khon Kaen city and no friends here have received a response yet, good to know that it appears to be working like it days on the tin.

Good health all

Registered a few days after it opened.

Included a pic of scales showing 100Kg+ (too lazy to get medical cert)

Received confirmation email, then nothing.

18 Aug a SMS arrived. Turn up at Central Pattaya on 20 Aug.

Done.

Go back 10 Sept.

Registered with expatvac(only site) on 1st Aug,no reply as yet.

Under 60 and live in the boonies so expectation is not high this stage.

The whole process reminds me of getting on a bus in Thailand or lining up at a consulate for a visa.

The line is orderly till the door or gate opens and then it's every man for themselves.

Allowing people to multi registar only slows the process for the people at the end of the line.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Here is some good news.

The UK ambassader just posted a video which included an email for expatvac queries

[email protected]

My previous post expressed concern that my provincial hospital don't have my name on the list they are sending out to registrants from now, so I emailed to see if they could confirm that it will be ok and I will hear soon.

Almost imediate reply (not an automated one)

Reply:

I checked and could confirm that your registration has been approved. You will be sent an appointment details once your vaccine has been allocated by the Ministry of Public Health.

I will also coordinate with our colleagues at the Ministry of Public Health and resend your registration for them to allocate your vaccine promptly.

Thank you for your patience

Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Kingdom of Thailand

Things are looking up ????

I also sent an email to [email protected] since I am from Ratchasima and did not receive and notice.

Like you, I received an instant response (2 min) exactly the same as yours including thanking me for my patience. So it is a canned response and I doubt if there was enough time to confirm anything.

I selected a small hospital outside of Korat and NOT Maharat Hospital so maybe I will receive notice in the future.  BTW my daughter checked with local hospital I selected and the have no vaccine currently and have never heard of any news to receive any in the future.

6 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Not me....got a rejection form because the registration program does not let you put two items in a box, and they wanted passport & visa in one box. I sent the missing info two weeks or so ago....heard nothing since. 

The need to see a visa is putting bureaucracy over people's health. I had the same problem, but this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday my local village hospital offered vaccinating for the same eligible groups. I received Sinovac and an appointment for AZ in a month. NO VISA NEEDED. Of course, because the government wasn't directly involved there was no problem. The staff just got on with the job of administering vaccines. Because Sinovac isn't recognised outside of Asia I'll arrange a third jab later, but at least I've made a start.

• Like 1

I have registered with 5 different vaccine programs, including expatvac ("registration successful" on 2nd August).

Haven't heard anything from anybody since.

I'm outside of Ubon and 76.

Painfully reminded about the gap existing between my actual host country and the 1st world country I'm coming from.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Halliday said:

Yes I had my first Jab on Sunday August 15th at the centre in BangSue. I live in Hua Hin but didn't mind the drive as zero traffic both ways. Second jab 7th November. Astra Zeneca. Was efficient and friendly. 

Any side effects from Astra?

A Thai  friend felt pretty bad for a few days.

Better than getting COVID-19 though.

Decided this morning to attend the local vax visit to the village, set up under tents some 300m from my house, SV/AZ. Can't get closer than that to home.

THis whole process of registering and waiting has worn me out mentally. More hoops than a box of Cheerios. I was almost at the point of writing a letter to Santa Claus.

Just back to wait at home for an hour and return when number 179 is due. Not ideal but will hopefully sort out a superior jab in 2022.

Incidentally there was a similar day yesterday for the adjoining village for up to 500 jabs. At lunchtime their poo yai put out a plea for attendees. They had a plan for 1000 today but will do more with the leftovers from yesterday, if people turn up.

Now I know that sods law says I will get an SMS today or tomorrow from expatvac to go to my provincial hospital for Pfizer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JFHuaHin said:

I have had two offers on friday,

one is from BOT/BCCT, which is AZ both shots, 12 weeks apart

2nd offer is via a sms message for Tria medical wellness center, no information on which vaccine or which organisation sent the message

I also got the SMS for Tria. I worked out that it came from applying via the British Embassy announcement on Saturday. It is also for AZ.

Registered on the expatvac site on 1st August.

Myself along with 173 others in Nakhon Ratchasima were sent an email from the Maharat Hospital at 22:37 on 23rd (Monday) advising us that our appointments for innoculation were from 10:00 - 13:00 the next day at the Central Plaza in Korat. As I didn't see this email until that morning I had to get my skates on.
I managed to arrive just 20 minutes late and this did not cause any difficulties. The layout was a bit bewildering but as they were utilising a space in a shopping mall that was designed for a totally different purpose that wasn't too surprising.  All credit to the medical and admin staff who brought it all together at short notice.

Everyone was very courteous and helpful and 14:05 I was leaving having received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine with an appointment for my second dose on the 14th September. 

I have to admit that I was somewhat sceptical when I initially registered but, apart from the short notice and the brevity of the appointment notification,  I was very impressed. Thank you to all involved. 

Good news for Surin (and for me). I registered with expatvac on 1 August and till now had heard nothing. I had managed to attach both photos but the visa one was, I discovered later, for a renewal that finished in 2018! Oh well, so I wasn't sure whether to expect anything or not and had meantime registered with BKK Hospital in Khon Kaen for 12 September.

B/F just received phonecall from Rajabhat University in Muaeng Surin (all in good English ironically): I'm to report for Pfizer jab tomorrow at 1100. So that's a 30-minute drive from here (instead of 4 hours to KK).

Assuming all goes well tomorrow and the 2nd jab is scheduled, I will then cancel the KK appointment. Will report tomorrow (assuming I'm still alive & healthy). Cheers

On 8/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, mfd101 said:

Assuming all goes well tomorrow and the 2nd jab is scheduled, I will then cancel the KK appointment. Will report tomorrow (assuming I'm still alive & healthy). Cheers

All done today (1st Pfizer jab). In & out at Surindra Rajabhat Uni in 90 minutes. Slightly stressful with large numbers of administrators & jabees - both Thais & falangs - running in all directions, but done with a smile and people very helpful. Next jab in 3 weeks.