B5bn ‘Phuket recovery fund’ sought, as 80% of island businesses fight to survive

snoop1130

Personally speaking you could look at this and say 80% of the businesses are therefore unnecessary or alternatively you can take the grander view which is they should invest 1000s of billions, build an international airport and make Phuket the only destination for tourists for the next 10 years as they are never going to get the numbers they used to get, but of course out of the (sand) box thinking is not a Thai strength. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Phuket has all the " Sandboxers " now spending Billions of Baht on Somtam, and pathetic Trinkets, so what is the problem now.

Money must be flowing into the Economy of Phuket from all these people, so there is no need of any handouts

Ask the people that think the litterbox is working(not calling any names(Eibot) but he lives on the island so he should know right ? He can see that all the small businesses are flourishing and that the island is booming .

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The doors are open to tourism, we were all told it would be the salvation...

so what's going wrong?

When/if the tourists flock back there will be little open and no girls i know are going to race back there until they here the Ker-Ching, so it will be the chicken and the egg.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Ask the people that think the litterbox is working(not calling any names(Eibot) but he lives on the island so he should know right ? He can see that all the small businesses are flourishing and that the island is booming .

I really wish people would understand what they're talking about before commenting. Idle hope though.

But yours is even worse, with not only don't understand what you're talking about, but totally distorting someone else's opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I also live on the island, and am a small business owner as are a number of friends. The island is most certainly not booming but thankfully, there are small signs of improvement in a number of areas. Hopefully, Covid permitting, this will continue.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

I really wish people would understand what they're talking about before commenting. Idle hope though.

But yours is even worse, with not only don't understand what you're talking about, but totally distorting someone else's opinion.

And what are you doing in this comment ?? 

1 hour ago, Rhacsyn said:

I also live on the island, and am a small business owner as are a number of friends. The island is most certainly not booming but thankfully, there are small signs of improvement in a number of areas. Hopefully, Covid permitting, this will continue.

Yeah , so they should open up the whole country shouldn't they ?? To help locals . And not only the sandbox sceme to generate money for the wealthy elite and let chumchange drippel to locals . Time to open up the whole country to fully vaxxed and no sandbox scemes or 7+7 B.S or Samui+ or whatever they call them . Open up everywhere for fully vaxxed without all these scemes would be same same but different , but the results will be the same , so back to my point these scemes don't work only for the elite ,open up everywhere .