American CDC Admit to Undercounting Covid-19 Infections in Fully Vaxxed

nemo38

In accordance with fair use policy on the forum, I have quoted only three sentences from this article.

What I wrote in bold is my own wording.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-cdc-only-tracks-a-fraction-of-breakthrough-covid-19-infections-even-as-cases-surge#1105875

On 1st May the American CDC (Center for disease control) decided they would only count "breakthrough infections" (infections in vaccinated people) where they led to hospitilization or death.

"Meggan Ingram was fully vaccinated when she tested positive for COVID-19 early this month. The 37-year-old’s fever had spiked to 103 and her breath was coming in ragged bursts when an ambulance rushed her to an emergency room in Pasco, Washington, on Aug. 10. For three hours she was given oxygen and intravenous steroids, but she was ultimately sent home without being admitted."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Covid cases and deaths have been undercounted since the beginning. In every country.

Sure. But that's not the point here.

It's about undercounting the... infected who are vaccinated... in order to artificially increase the so called "efficacy" of the vaccines.

• Like 1

Kind of "old" news as this was raised a month ago. (Huge ProPublica fan BTW, although the linked article falls below their usual standards IMO.)

CDC needs to start tracking all Covid breakthrough infections, Gottlieb says

The CDC doesn’t have enough resources to properly track breakthrough infections in real time, Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC’s “Squawk Box” on Wednesday.

Currently, the CDC website indicated that 5,914 Americans have either died or been hospitalized with Covid breakthrough infections.

“The breakthrough infections, as rare as they are, have the potential to forward transmit with the same capacity as an unvaccinated person,” CDC Director Walensky said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/cdc-needs-to-start-tracking-all-covid-breakthrough-infections-gottlieb-says.html

Was this ideal? No.

Is it a "conspiracy"? Isn't everything.

Since then...

COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Case Investigation and Reporting

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

The raw numbers are not as meaningful as the ratios between vaccinated vs unvaccinated. So the question is whether someone who was unvaccinated but presented with the same symptoms would have been admitted by that doctor on that day.  Also, I would expect an under-reporting for unvaccinated people as well, especially in areas with large frequencies of unvaccinated/unmasked people where hospitals have run out of beds (like parts of FL, TX, AL, AR, MS etc.).  I'm not trying to make excuses but it's important to treat the all data from different arms equally. 

I'm sure the data is there.  It would need to be collected and processed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Sure. But that's not the point here.

It's about undercounting the... infected who are vaccinated... in order to artificially increase the so called "efficacy" of the vaccines.

The point is the jab is very good at keeping you out of the hospital or from dying. They've always said you could still get the virus. Nothing new here.

Focus on hospitalizations and deaths. A vast majority of which are from the unvaccinated. That's reality.

• Like 1