Full Approval Likely for Pfizer Vaccine

snoop1130

Untiปปปปปปtl9ed-1-1-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 24 (TNA) – The Food and Drug Administration in Thailand seeks more information about the COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer after its American counterpart approved the full-scale administration of the vaccine for people aged 16 years and over.

Thai FDA secretary-general Dr. Paisarn Dunkum said the FDA had approved the administration of the Pfizer vaccine for emergency use on June 24 and now invited a new registration application because there was additional information concerning its quality, safety and efficacy after more than 100 million doses of the vaccine had been administered.

If the Pfizer vaccine receives the full approval in Thailand, its local dealer, Pfizer (Thailand), can sell it to any companies in the country, Dr. Paisarn said.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-765128

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1

Just now, RotBenz8888 said:

Vaccines are poison to the body, you say. Do you consider all vaccines to be a poison, like polio vaccine to children? 

That part was tongue in cheek. I probably should have quoted "poison" because from the first part of my post I completely agree with the usage of vaccines to control covid and many other diseases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai FDA secretary-general Dr. Paisarn Dunkum said the FDA had approved the administration of the Pfizer vaccine for emergency use on June 24 and now invited a new registration application because there was additional information concerning its quality, safety and efficacy after more than 100 million doses of the vaccine had been administered.

So far behind the times people.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I've already had my first Pfizer jab and now find it has not been approved by the self-important Thai FDA. Can I sue the hospital?

How long do you estimate you have to live... knowing Thai judiciary it could be a long drawn out case.

18 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I've already had my first Pfizer jab and now find it has not been approved by the self-important Thai FDA. Can I sue the hospital?

I can't exactly remember what I signed when I got mine, but I am betting we signed away any liability.......

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If the Pfizer vaccine receives the full approval in Thailand, its local dealer, Pfizer (Thailand), can sell it to any companies in the country, Dr. Paisarn said.

Yeah, so the red bull heir will be returning to thailand just ahead of this "full approval".

22 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'm guessing you didn't read the document you signed shortly before obtaining your first injection?

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Food and Drug Administration in Thailand seeks more information about the COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer after its American counterpart approved the full-scale administration of the vaccine for people aged 16 years and over.

Why?

The US FDA has approved it. Does no one recognise this? Why does Thailand, and probably other countries have to have more information?I

Mutual recognition is the way to go. 

This just annoys the hell out of me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if the same will apply with Sinovac after Chinas omission regarding the 13% efficacy of their vaccine that's been administered to millions of Thais?

Well, Sinovac shouldn't hurt you, but then again it's not going to help you very much either, kinda like the Thai government.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Why?

The US FDA has approved it. Does no one recognise this? Why does Thailand, and probably other countries have to have more information?I

Mutual recognition is the way to go. 

This just annoys the hell out of me. 

Thais like to be on Committees; they get free lunches; travel expenses AND a microphone for an hour so they can listen to themselves speaking drivel.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:04 PM, snoop1130 said:

now invited a new registration application

Pfizer/Thailand could elect not to apply to the Thai FDA for "full approval".

In related news, Moderna seeks full approval in the U.S. with the FDA.

Moderna completes submission for full FDA approval of Covid-19 vaccine; Pfizer seeks approval for booster dose

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/25/health/moderna-vaccine-fda-submission/index.html