"Joe Ferrari" former police chief has 29 cars - many luxury supercars and sports models - on a 43K salary

webfact

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Latest news that the fugitive Nakhon Sawan police chief allegedly involved in the apparent deadly torture of a drug trafficking suspect being apprehended has *NOT* been confirmed by the Thai police yet.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1430828150032723981

Deputy national police chief, Pol Gen Suchart Teerasawat, told the media in Nakhon Sawan that the police still do not know where Joe Ferrari is and he is not in custody countering earlier media reports.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1430831924050759681

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Deputy national police chief, Pol Gen Suchart Teerasawat, told the media in Nakhon Sawan that the police still do not know where Joe Ferrari is and he is not in custody countering earlier media reports.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1430831924050759681

Following in the footsteps of the RB heir?

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, Dogmatix, a twist to your tale.....Some years ago, in another life I was  associated with the legal profession  (not as a lawyer, I do have some morals)   I  had occasion to be at the office of a  very famous  criminal defence lawyer, delivering documents.    I could hear a conversation he was having with some clients, through  the wooden partioning, of what was apparently  his interview room.      I was aware a pair of Chinese had been recently arrested  for smuggling a quantity of herion into   the  state I was living  in.  and I could hear, b ut not understand  what they were saying    I m ust have missed  part of the conversation given by the Chinese, as suddenly, in a  raised voice, I heard the  lawyer, whom I kn ew well, raise his voice and say words to the effect...  " thats  no good, we"ll never gat that one past the jury  think of something else to  tell them"    As an old mate of mine  was want to say, a lawyer is something that can walk under  a snakes belly while wearing a top hat, usually accompanied by their client.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

most likely just a tip of an iceberg. Investigation just started and not all will be disclosed, as all it implicates his subordinates and superiors in force.

Just one of his residencies in thailand.

Probably he is already at his another home across border in cambodia or laos

My thoughts excately, how could anyone not know that he was driving a bloody Bentley lol crazy. So yes these checks should now go up not down????????????????

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

most likely just a tip of an iceberg. Investigation just started and not all will be disclosed, as all it implicates his subordinates and superiors in force.

Sounds like a Colonel Kurtz / Apocalypse Now situation … I’d start with a modest little gunboat and work my way up the Mekong River …

This guy's life might make an interesting movie, but I doubt it could be made in Thailand.

Apparently he used to head up a unit investigating illegal imports of luxury cars. He was able do a  'deal' to acquire the impounded cars he liked before they went up for auction.

• Like 2

It really is obscene.  The scale of things and the length of time it had to be going on to accrue such things.  One can only imagine the under the table payoffs, bribes, coercion, cooperation with some of the drug traffickers, etc.  I just watched the Movie American Gangster.  I thought it was a decent film as it portrayed reasonably well how some things were at the time I grew up.  The drug dealing and stealing, etc.  

As for Thailand, the challenge would be for some reporter(s) or investigator(s) to spend a year researching and collecting and itemizing the properties and things owned by police all over Thailand.  Once they collected the information, then do some basic financial forensics about the total values versus salaries.  Of course if they were found out the investigators would be in big trouble.  And if the information was ever released, the people might be killed or just disappear.  And since Thailand seems to sue for defamation at the drop of a hat, even if true and just questions were asked, this sort of investigation woud be very unlikely to happen. But it would be wonderful to see it be done.  Hopefully the reporters could be found that are willing to risk it and then somewhow could get sanctuary or protection.   One can dream

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I just can't fathom it. Cars are a pain. Most normal people would have misgivings after the 4th car, or maybe the 10th car. Even for the collectors I watch on YouTube that's too much. Isn't it a lot of trouble to keep all these around? To maintain them? How could I possibly have enough time to use them all? Nope. Just keep racking up that list, filling that room, for everyone to see. The most cars, the biggest mansions, the hottest chicks. And especially in this country with its inequality and poverty. Absolutely no guilt. The ego, the gall.

I was just thinking how the cost of rego and insurance on my 2013 Vigo Champ was somewhat of a burden each year.  Imagine how much it would cost for 29 high end vehicles plus maintenance etc??  How much would that work out per km?  Its staggering.

• Like 1

The saddest part of all this is that all his colleagues knew about all of this, most likely including his bosses who he no doubt shared the takings with. Of course it will all go nowhere, in Thailand corruption is encouraged then everyone closes ranks as it could be them next

• Like 1

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

Let us not be too quick to judge.....it's possible that he is just good at saving.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

It really is obscene.  The scale of things and the length of time it had to be going on to accrue such things.  One can only imagine the under the table payoffs, bribes, coercion, cooperation with some of the drug traffickers, etc.  I just watched the Movie American Gangster.  I thought it was a decent film as it portrayed reasonably well how some things were at the time I grew up.  The drug dealing and stealing, etc.  

As for Thailand, the challenge would be for some reporter(s) or investigator(s) to spend a year researching and collecting and itemizing the properties and things owned by police all over Thailand.  Once they collected the information, then do some basic financial forensics about the total values versus salaries.  Of course if they were found out the investigators would be in big trouble.  And if the information was ever released, the people might be killed or just disappear.  And since Thailand seems to sue for defamation at the drop of a hat, even if true and just questions were asked, this sort of investigation woud be very unlikely to happen. But it would be wonderful to see it be done.  Hopefully the reporters could be found that are willing to risk it and then somewhow could get sanctuary or protection.   One can dream

You are asking for someone to be a hero while you hide in the bunker. These reporters have grown up with this way of life, corruption is like the morning sun, it just is. Would an Englishman bother himself about the obscene wealth of the British royal family ?  No because it has always been that way, it almost goes unnoticed. 

• Like 1

His wealth could really in fact be legit. 

'The department has sold 363 of the 368 cars Thitisan helped seize and has earned 1 billion baht from the sale. Patchara said officers are given 40-per-cent of the proceeds earned from the sale of cars they seized, and in this case, Thitisan is entitled to 400 million baht.'

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005301

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I just can't fathom it. Cars are a pain. Most normal people would have misgivings after the 4th car, or maybe the 10th car. Even for the collectors I watch on YouTube that's too much. Isn't it a lot of trouble to keep all these around? To maintain them? How could I possibly have enough time to use them all? Nope. Just keep racking up that list, filling that room, for everyone to see. The most cars, the biggest mansions, the hottest chicks. And especially in this country with its inequality and poverty. Absolutely no guilt. The ego, the gall.

I imagine he employed people to clean them and make sure that the tax was paid on time etc. Or there are companies that do that for a fee as well. Keeping the batteries charged is the biggest issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

Yes, if you can have a police official make 43K baht and have 29 cars in his possession without a full investigation on how he did it... until video of him murdering someone is leaked... then corruption is endemic... 

• Like 1

UPDATE: Police has said that there’ll be an update at 9pm tonight as rumors that the fugitive Nakhon Sawan police chief’s whereabouts and status are circling. As of now, there no official confirmation about his arrest. #ผู้กํากับโจ้

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1430870125763174404

Police are now saying that killer-cop now in custody, more details coming at 9 pm according to police.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1430871998394036226

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

UPDATE: Police has said that there’ll be an update at 9pm tonight as rumors that the fugitive Nakhon Sawan police chief’s whereabouts and status are circling. As of now, there no official confirmation about his arrest. #ผู้กํากับโจ้

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1430870125763174404

All over television now.

He's in custody.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Yes it was and shocked alot of the public at the time.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to compare. It was just something I remembered.

As you say its endemic in this culture. 

I think it is more pervasive than that even. If you look at how Mexican and Columbian drug cartels operate, it seems like the rest of the world's criminal organizations, even the RTP in this case, have figured out how easy it is to succeed at crime when you grease the right palms with $$$$ or brown envelopes or whatever you want to call it.

In Mexico, drug cartels give people the option of take the money or take a bullet and when they say this they mean, either yo take the money or you and your whole family will get a bullet. If you think this is far fetched, go to BBC and read about some of the violence that has been prevalent in South America for the last 20-30 years.

That includes men, women, children, the elderly, the sick, your dog, your pet hamster...it doesn't matter nobody is off limits, if the cartels come after you.

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

Guys, the issue is lot bigger, this guys, had been killing people for a while, is not the first time, nobody is so cool doing what they did,  even mafia hit mans, are build up to give beatings and eventually kill, and only few get used a lot, those guys have been sistematically killing peoples from how they operate togheter, without loosing the cool or anything, they even almost didnt speak, professional killers, should be hanged, in front all Thailand population