Forum upgrade in progress! ×

"Joe Ferrari" former police chief has 29 cars - many luxury supercars and sports models - on a 43K salary

webfact

22 minutes ago, DBath said:

I think it is more pervasive than that even. If you look at how Mexican and Columbian drug cartels operate, it seems like the rest of the world's criminal organizations, even the RTP in this case, have figured out how easy it is to succeed at crime when you grease the right palms with $$$$ or brown envelopes or whatever you want to call it.

In Mexico, drug cartels give people the option of take the money or take a bullet and when they say this they mean, either yo take the money or you and your whole family will get a bullet. If you think this is far fetched, go to BBC and read about some of the violence that has been prevalent in South America for the last 20-30 years.

That includes men, women, children, the elderly, the sick, your dog, your pet hamster...it doesn't matter nobody is off limits, if the cartels come after you.

Latin America is a proper basket case I agree.  Look at Bolivia in the 80s. Basically biggest cocaine dealer in the world was president who had Klaus Barbie as a torture adviser

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Anecdotal evidence suggests he has flown out of the country on a private plane.  Being a Hi Society man as well is a whole different story, as well as his famous actress bride.  I am sure the cars will be found to be in her name, or his families name as well as the beautiful and spacious Mansion he owned on 5 Rai of land.

Or maybe he just borrowed them from a friend - who is now deceased so he can't give them back?

This guy was has never worked as traffic policeman......He definitely worked only with drug and weapon barons in Thailand.......

It seems that many people here are surprised to get this kind of news. I was NOT at all. You see, when you visit any society and you remark that there are too many commiting crimes, breaking the laws and it's quite then there is one and only explanation : There are Some Joes in that society and it can't be one Joe but Some Big Joes and some small joes. Cause this is a team work....

What made God fathers rich and powerfull in USA, they dominated in many states, their economies florished. They wouldn't reach all that if there weren't TOO many Joes around......

Police are part of the society, they know, see and hear whatever the rest of the society does know, hear and see.....so......

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

What a show off.

He's pretty young also.  I wonder how he even got that position so fast?

It takes some to aquire and accumulate all this wealth and cars.

There's got to be SO many people involved!

No way this would go unnoticed.

How did he move up so fast, sharing his ill gotten gains with people who could give him a promotion. Not much different than the police chief with 104 million in assets

8 hours ago, aussienam said:

government

8 hours ago, aussienam said:

Best to keep well away from anything to do with Thai police and government.  Terrifying.  

Best advice ive heard in ages . Always say this to tourist and to people back home, sadly they dont believe it and think the thai police will afford them the same rights and help as the u.k police

• Like 2

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

You are asking for someone to be a hero while you hide in the bunker. These reporters have grown up with this way of life, corruption is like the morning sun, it just is. Would an Englishman bother himself about the obscene wealth of the British royal family ?  No because it has always been that way, it almost goes unnoticed. 

I did not ask for anybody.  I am not hiding in a bunker.  I am constantly amazed how people such as you love to attack people and badger and belittle any time they can.  Really is disgusting behavior and mentality on your part. Corruption will not stop and society will not move forward unless some people stand up to things.  Some British people do object to the wealth of the British family and do question the modern need and necessity to continue to fund them.  And the same sentiments towards the Thai monarchy which by all accounts has an even more quantity of wealth both in absolute terms and relative terms to the average Thai person's wealth.

You seem to be accepting of the corruption.   That is horrible

13 hours ago, tracker1 said:

I was absolutely astounded this morning when I asked my Mrs. ( An honest senior police officer ) if she had seen the video of the murder and that I said that all involved get the death penalty and the Dr. a life sentence. Her response was virtually that she found it kind of an acceptable practice because it happens in many police forces ! It appears as most know extortion and corruption are so entrenched here that it is acceptable by their standards and any honest person who speaks up against such practices should well know their life is in danger a very sad fact ! It is like the 3 wise monkeys hear no evil speak no evil see no evil

Well that's an oxymoron...unless your wife is from another country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely systemic through out this culture of greed. Chief Joe had it all but his lust for greed will be his down fall. This is the norm rather than the exception. We will never know if the victim was a drug dealer or not. What's insane and brings up the question '' Why the **** am I in a place like this ? '', is that victim could have been any member of this forum. RTP thinks you have a fat bank account, they have plenty of drugs laying around. Pull you over, plant the dope and you got the bag on your head if you don't hand over everything in your account. It's so easy and gets easier with repetition and practice. No moral compass and driven by greed and envy, what stops them accept the dumbasses forgot they had CC cams all over headquarters. Likely for me it's the straw the broke the camels back and I get me 2nd Pfizer and‎ haste luego

• Sad 1

F2.jpg.8df362e2f5a775a48028e7fcbedf7240.jpg

Thairath reported some more on the story.
Pol Col Thitisan Utthanapho was interviewed by police in front of the press via microphone at 20.30 Thai time, 26/08/21.
He admitted his guilt but said he was just trying to get results in a drug investigation and made a mistake and accidently killed him.
He said it's not true he tried to extort 2 million baht from the deceased, as had been reported in the news.
He decided to give himself up when he saw his subordinates being arrested on the news and felt sorry for them. The media speculation had left him feeling so stressed he'd considered suicide.
He apologised for damaging the reputation of the police and said he just fled due to being frightened and to gather his wits.

20 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

What a show off.

He's pretty young also.  I wonder how he even got that position so fast?

It takes some to aquire and accumulate all this wealth and cars.

There's got to be SO many people involved!

No way this would go unnoticed.

accordingto the fount of  all  knowledge ( the wife) he only went  out with girlfriends whose parents  had some  money or  big  positions already

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katana said:

he'd considered suicide

I  know 7-11  wont provide the means these days  but I could  still  help  out with my archaic plastic  bag  supply, as a  good non citizen I would be  happy  to help  out...numerous  times if needs  be.

49 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

accordingto the fount of  all  knowledge ( the wife) he only went  out with girlfriends whose parents  had some  money or  big  positions already

Smart guy.

Kinda a dick more though.

Edited by MrJ2U

So nobody else in the police force or up the chain of command ever questioned how he had millions of dollars $ worth of cars at a police salary. His car collection is something you only see from the superrich. Like people making multi million dollars a year. Must of gotten some solid Christmas “bonuses” or something 

13 hours ago, Gold Star said:

His wealth could really in fact be legit. 

'The department has sold 363 of the 368 cars Thitisan helped seize and has earned 1 billion baht from the sale. Patchara said officers are given 40-per-cent of the proceeds earned from the sale of cars they seized, and in this case, Thitisan is entitled to 400 million baht.'

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005301

How is 400 million legit? what does 'helped seize' even mean?  he did it alone?   this is ABSURD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dkg224 said:

So nobody else in the police force or up the chain of command ever questioned how he had millions of dollars $ worth of cars at a police salary. His car collection is something you only see from the superrich. Like people making multi million dollars a year. Must of gotten some solid Christmas “bonuses” or something 

Most senior officers live far beyond their salary but as there is no freedom of the press there is no investigative journalism to expose them. Even is you DID expose them you would be sued for defamation at best and disappear at worst.

• Like 1