"Joe Ferrari" former police chief has 29 cars - many luxury supercars and sports models - on a 43K salary

webfact

On 8/26/2021 at 8:46 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

for the ENTIRE  force and  govt  officials

It would sure be very interesting to find out the present unelected PM and his generals fortune today compared to when they stole the country in 2014.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Is a criminal syndicate and there are many of them. The police here are an untouchable state within the state.

Many police officers own luxury cars, luxury houses, luxury watches, huge land blocks, resorts, antiques, go-go bars, discos, apartment buildings, shopping centers, stocks, gold chains, jewels, foreign accounts.

If a powerfull Institution were to check the origin of the assets of the top 1000 in detail, probably no one would be able to conclusively explain where the money comes from legally.

Murder, extortion, drug trafficking, human trafficking, prostitution, misappropriation of fines, falsification of reports to mitigate punishment, and cash for advancement in the service rank are the most common sources of income.

Thailand have many more Jo Ferraris.

Maybe it's time they started having Joe 90's.

18 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Assts declarations every year for anyone over the rank of lance corporal would be a good start. 

Nobody would be able to keep up, I mean, how many different ranks are there in the RTP? and how many of them are bought? Silly question, probably them all.

48 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It would sure be very interesting to find out the present unelected PM and his generals fortune today compared to when they stole the country in 2014.

Ah yes it would, but they have decided that the two at the top are exempt...it would make people cry to know what they have looted in 7 years.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Thumbs said:

This is Prayuts chance to clean house, how about his bosses? They have turned a blind eye at his disproportionate wealth 

"how about his bosses?" I thought he was the boss, I mean nobody elected him did they?

13 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I did not ask for anybody.  I am not hiding in a bunker.  I am constantly amazed how people such as you love to attack people and badger and belittle any time they can.  Really is disgusting behavior and mentality on your part. Corruption will not stop and society will not move forward unless some people stand up to things.  Some British people do object to the wealth of the British family and do question the modern need and necessity to continue to fund them.  And the same sentiments towards the Thai monarchy which by all accounts has an even more quantity of wealth both in absolute terms and relative terms to the average Thai person's wealth.

You seem to be accepting of the corruption.   That is horrible

I am not courageous and go with the flow. Only the young can change society because they have no fear of consequences which is why you get 18 year old's on a battlefield instead of 40 year old's. Revolutions in outlook start with the students demonstrating, from anti-nuclear demonstrations in the UK to anti-Vietnam war in America (where a lot of students were killed in Kent university)

Widespread corruption starts from need, I remember reading that police corruption in America only ended when they were given a decent living wage. Wages for civil servants in Thailand are poor so it is no wonder that corruption exists and is taken advantage of by the hi-so's. This isn't my country so I regard the situation as a 'What is' event, I don't find it good but it also doesn't affect me, even if it did I would keep my mouth shut.

I wasn't trying to belittle you, outrage from Western people is understandable because they are used to a different governmental system but asking that someone take up the torch and carry the flame of change is asking a lot especially in a society where people can disappear without too much being done about it, it is also unrealistic because corruption is endemic throughout Asia and is also not unknown in the West, greed seems to be a human trait so putting your life or liberty on the line to change it would be a hopeless undertaking. Yes by degrees things do change but only over time when the wealth of the general public improves and trust in the legal system is there. Make no mistake, if bad economic times returned to the West corruption would bloom very quickly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"how about his bosses?" I thought he was the boss, I mean nobody elected him did they?

He would have been appointed - by his fellow "members". Depending on rank, he would have achieved his position through the police.

The police are no friends of the military, being a paramilitary organisation themselves, they are feared or at least held in suspicion by the military.

Joe Ferrari must have worked really hard to save for all those goodies. 

I suspect he worked from dusk till dawn and never went out as he saved every penny to buy his 29 cars, luxury homes, sports cars, wild women and so on ....

remember he was only on 43,000 baht a month so I reckon he saved for 225 years ...  ????

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:05 AM, soalbundy said:

I am not courageous and go with the flow. Only the young can change society because they have no fear of consequences which is why you get 18 year old's on a battlefield instead of 40 year old's. Revolutions in outlook start with the students demonstrating, from anti-nuclear demonstrations in the UK to anti-Vietnam war in America (where a lot of students were killed in Kent university)

Widespread corruption starts from need, I remember reading that police corruption in America only ended when they were given a decent living wage. Wages for civil servants in Thailand are poor so it is no wonder that corruption exists and is taken advantage of by the hi-so's. This isn't my country so I regard the situation as a 'What is' event, I don't find it good but it also doesn't affect me, even if it did I would keep my mouth shut.

I wasn't trying to belittle you, outrage from Western people is understandable because they are used to a different governmental system but asking that someone take up the torch and carry the flame of change is asking a lot especially in a society where people can disappear without too much being done about it, it is also unrealistic because corruption is endemic throughout Asia and is also not unknown in the West, greed seems to be a human trait so putting your life or liberty on the line to change it would be a hopeless undertaking. Yes by degrees things do change but only over time when the wealth of the general public improves and trust in the legal system is there. Make no mistake, if bad economic times returned to the West corruption would bloom very quickly.

You could have used way fewer words to imply corruption is not blooming in places like the US - and most other countries for that matter. 

Ever been to Chicago or NYC? Have you noticed what goes on in places like California? You’re so naive…

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Yes of course there is corruption in the West but it isn't widespread. I am British and have lived and worked in several European countries, the police and the civil service can be trusted and the laws generally make sense and apply to all. The corruption that does exist is usually in the higher elements of society, politicians, bankers, CEO's etc. but they have to look over their shoulders and fear the consequences, unlike in Thailand. In Thailand corruption is widespread because there is no stigma attached to it, it is de facto 'normal'.

Maybe not as widespread or as much a part of the culture as it is there in Thailand, but it is moving in that direction and is picking up speed, IMO. 

Just now, DBath said:

Maybe not as widespread or as much a part of the culture as it is there in Thailand, but it is moving in that direction and is picking up speed, IMO. 

That will depend on the standard of living for the majority, when that starts to significantly fall and an unfair disparity between the haves and have nots becomes apparent then yes corruption will rise but honesty is deeply ingrained in Western society, especially in the Northern European countries so I doubt we will reach Asian proportions, if that were to happen it would have worldwide ramifications, trust keeps the money rolling. 

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

Joe Ferrari must have worked really hard to save for all those goodies. 

I suspect he worked from dusk till dawn and never went out as he saved every penny to buy his 29 cars, luxury homes, sports cars, wild women and so on ....

remember he was only on 43,000 baht a month so I reckon he saved for 225 years ...  ????

Come on Steven, you can do better than that, you are fully aware or should be by now as it's been pointed out a couple of times how the majority of  cars were acquired. 

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:49 AM, BobBKK said:

Most senior officers live far beyond their salary but as there is no freedom of the press there is no investigative journalism to expose them. Even is you DID expose them you would be sued for defamation at best and disappear at worst.

Many of so-called journalists are just as corrupt, they can make news go away for the right consideration.

Investigative journalism pays well when you pressurise the right people. 

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...